Registering Munji

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 21, 2002, 12:06 PM

Post #1 of 29 (8744 views)
Shortcut
Registering Munji Can't Post

How & where do I get Munji registered as a licensed puppy? Do I have to bring Munji there? Is there any online registration? Can she be allowed in the park like Lake Garden, Titiwangsa, etc.? Thanks.

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 22, 2002, 7:57 PM

Post #2 of 29 (8737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cecilia74] Registering Munji [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Cecilia,
I assume you are asking for how to get a dog license right? Well, since you're in Subang Jaya, the MPSJ will be issuing your puppy dog license. Here's what you'll need to do:
1. Get the dog license application form from MPSJ.

2. Fill in the particulars and get your vet to sign the part where he testify that the vacination shots are up to date.(You might want to bring along your puppy's vaccination jabs records for the vet to verify)

3. Submit the completed form to MPSJ, pay RM10 for year 2002. Voila! You'll get your dog license on the spot.

4. For renewal, no need to go to all that. Just bring along the doggie's vacination records as proof that he/she has received the latest annual vaccination jab. Pay your RM10 and MPSJ will issue you the dog licence on the spot.

Rdgs Arthur

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2002, 10:06 PM

Post #3 of 29 (8734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Registering Munji [In reply to] Can't Post

Hohoho... Thank you Arthur!

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

May
Old Hand

Sep 23, 2002, 7:59 PM

Post #4 of 29 (8722 views)
Shortcut

Most parks in Malaysia don't allow dog. Too bad.

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 24, 2002, 8:46 AM

Post #5 of 29 (8708 views)
Shortcut

Thanks a lot Arthur! I searched the net on how to get a licensed but couldn't get. Must I really get Munji jab Frown ? Can't the verification from the vet which says that Munji is healthy enough? Oh dear..., I really got to check with the vet & the MPSJ first - I really don't want to jab Munji.

Thanks, May. If our dogs are not allowed in the park, then why do we need the license for? Isn't that the license give us the right to bring them out?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Sep 24, 2002, 9:02 AM

Post #6 of 29 (8706 views)
Shortcut

You must send Munji to the VET for vaccination at appropriate time in order to protected her. It does not hurt her much to jab her but it go a long way to protect her so that she can live a beautiful life.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Sep 24, 2002, 9:14 PM)

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2002, 5:55 PM

Post #7 of 29 (8698 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cecilia,

Please take Webmaster Khoo advice..it's better for Munji to be vaccinated against the common deadly dieases. Some of them are airborne, some upon contact. If we can prevent them, why not? After all, prevention IS better than cure. And a typical 6-in-1 shot cost roughly RM50-60. For puppies, they must go thru 3 jabs to complete their vaccination schedule. After that, it's an annual booster shot to provide year long protection.

As for dog license, I believe it's to control and monitor the dog population, ensuring that all registered dogs are vaccinated and owners held responsible for their dog action within/or outside their compounds. It is not a right to bring them anywhere we like. I know it sucks Unsurebut that's the way the law is here. Living in a multiracial/multi religious society, it's a compromise situation for everyone.

All parks managed by MPSJ have a blue signboard that specifically prohibits dogs and other animals from using the park. I was once verbally cautioned to get my dog off the park! After that, I wised up and read the blue rules and regulation signboards! Nowadays, I walk the furkids AROUND the park! Aii yaah..what to do, better than being couped up at home all the time.. I DO conscientiously scoop and clean up after my doggies. That is one way we as responsible dog owners can contribute towards a more canine tolerant society. At least MPSJ allows dogs in link houses. Shah Alam has even tighter controls..only corner lots, semi-d or bungalows are allowed to keep a max of 2 dogs. And that is only after you have a got a signed letter of no objection from your immediate neighbours! This is NOT a protest posting by all means, just reporting the facts.

I share in your frustration in the lack of dog friendly parks/places available locally. However, I believe we can use our resources/imagination to actively look for alternatives. The Taman Rimba Kiara is a good example. We MUST keep this park clean, our furkids under control and give no reason/excuse for DBKL to prohibit dogs from using this "gem" we found for our furkids.

Whew! Must be the heavy breakfast I ate to rant on for so long. 'nuff said!

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2002, 6:32 PM

Post #8 of 29 (8694 views)
Shortcut

hi Cecilia,

Khoo and Arthur is rihgt, if you spend a some sum that can protect your belove againts deadly viruses, why not ?

Bonney (my lab) get his second jab (6 in 1) for Rm 40 i believe.

Khoo, Arthur : Bonney is on her way for the 4th jab, not sure what is this, is this normal ? From what i know is 3 jab will done for puppy, but y Bonney will need to take this 4th jab ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2002, 6:44 PM

Post #9 of 29 (8691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Registering Munji [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon,

Normally the puppy vaccination schdule will be completed after 3 jabs. The 4th jab(called the booster shot) is usually 12 months later from the date of the 3rd jab. Nowadays, they have the 7-in-1 tpye that offers protection against the corona virus as well (if my memory is correct!)

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2002, 9:13 PM

Post #10 of 29 (8685 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur,

Just call the vet, he told me that the 4th jab for Bonney is actually the 3rd jab for other dog, because Bonney got her first jab during 6 week for something like PowerShot or power virus, not sure about the term.

So u mean the 7 in 1 is a year after Bonney or the coming jab ?

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2002, 10:55 PM

Post #11 of 29 (8681 views)
Shortcut

Boon,

From what you have related so far, just follow the vet's advice and send Bonney for the 3rd jab. After this 3rd jab, Bonney's vaccination record card should show at least 3 stickers dated approx 1 month apart each. The next shot(7-in-1 or 6-in-1) is normally administered 12 mths later from the date of the 3rd jab. Boon, bear in mind what advice we give is from the layman. In case of doubt, always refer back to the vet.Wink

Bonney got her 1st jab at 6 weeks that protect against the parvo virus. This is a common puppy killer. The mother's milk gives the puppies some immunisation for the 1st month or so, this the reason why the 1st jab is given when the puppy is approx 6 weeks old.

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2002, 11:16 PM

Post #12 of 29 (8679 views)
Shortcut

Arthur,

Em, the coming saturday is Bonney 4th jab, not 3rd.
I believe the first jab was for Parvovirus (sorri not power Blush) the following 3 jabs is the regular 6 in 1 puppy series vaccination.

Yeap,Bonney's vaccination record card has 3 stickers now, dated precisely 1 months apart. The coming 4th jab is also one month apart.

arthur
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2002, 11:26 PM

Post #13 of 29 (8678 views)
Shortcut

Boon,

Now that's what I called a well protected doggie!Sly Bonney is sooo fortunate to have a responsible owner like you. Now that you've got the vaccination shots covered, don't forget the heartworm protection as well!

Rdgs Arthur

boon
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2002, 5:36 AM

Post #14 of 29 (8671 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur,

This is something i tell her and myself i will do the best for her. Em....Unsure miss her so much, as of now i still in the office, but doesn't matter, tomorrow i only hald day, can spend some more time with her.

I asked the vet last month (during her third jab) and the vet told me will explain to me this coming saturday because that time he is pretty bz.

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2002, 7:07 PM

Post #15 of 29 (8666 views)
Shortcut

Money is not a concern as I'm the type that can go very far for my beloved. Isn't that out puppies will be prone to illness if we jab them? What more so many times? Just like my mom, I hardly trust vaccinations. My mom used to have many dogs (including Bobby), they never get jabbed, & they all die of old age. Occasionally, they do get sick but they were home treated because my mom cannot trust western medication.

I guess I got the same gene. It got in my head that if Munji is vaccinated, she'll be prone to disease/illness/allergic if not virus. It got in my head that if Munji is well protected (health food & care), she'll have a strong immune system & antibody that she won't got any virus. It got in my head if Munji is vaccinated, it'll destroy her natural ability to produce antibody & unable to have a strong immune system.

I love Munji too much to have her deaf/dumb/health problem/etc in her early or later age. I want her to be as strong as my mom's dogs. It has been engraved in my head & it's not easy for me to get Munji jabbed, to the extent I don't even want to get her a license. What more, the license doesn't give her the right to be anywhere. The jabs can't even exchange for her freedom.

At first, I thought if the jabs (which shorten Munji's life, or affect her overall health) can give Munji's freedom to be anywhere, it'll be worth it even she'll have a short life or ill health because she'll have all the fun although not for many years. But now, I'm so torn-between that I don't know what to do, which is right & which is wrong, & what's really the best thing for her without being influence by advertisement or journals, etc - my heart is so heavy now. Tears really run down my cheeks as I write... I can't be sure...

wkser
ALPHA

Sep 25, 2002, 8:21 PM

Post #16 of 29 (8661 views)
Shortcut

hi cecilia,
i used to have dog without vacinnation and they died of old age had i was young.......but cause of the poluted enviroment and all the pollution there been lots of disease been spreading airbourne......as like human being dogs also need protection that why we give them the necesarry protection to them like the jab.......i think you should bring your dog the jab is for you furkid safety.........if i do says something pls forgive me

regards
kangser and nous

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 25, 2002, 11:04 PM

Post #17 of 29 (8655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Registering Munji [In reply to] Can't Post

Babies have to be given jabs for polio, chicken pox, hepatitis, etc, etc, etc. When they’re growing, they’ve to be given different kinds of jabs, too. Yet, many of us didn’t receive those jabs still live healthily until today. All of us are expose to all kinds of diseases, some get it, some don’t. My sis together with her teenage children exposed themselves directly to a man (husband/father) who has hepatitis B since he was a child, never got the disease although they were not jabbed for the immunity.

Besides the environment, I believe healthy food & happy emotions are the ultimate keys to strong immune system. Just like in an office, there’re smokers - we’ll need to double our intake of vit C. I have faith in myself that Munji will be on top of her health. I trust Munji will be happy that I chose the best for her as I’ve no doubt that nothing is better than natural. I decided not to give Munji the jabs Shocked. Fear not, as long as this site exists, we’ll live to know how healthy & happy Munji will be Smile. Thanks all for being so caring towards Munji – she’s very blessed. She still needs all of your help along the way. Please don't be angry that I don't get Munji jab, OK Unsure?

May
Old Hand

Sep 26, 2002, 12:49 AM

Post #18 of 29 (8649 views)
Shortcut

The decision is always yours. If you do not plan to breed Munji, please send him/her neuter/spay. Neutering/spaying is always good for the pet and the owner.

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Sep 27, 2002, 6:44 PM

Post #19 of 29 (8638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Registering Munji [In reply to] Can't Post

On my research, I found western people do find alternatives for their pet instead of getting them vaccinated. I found that there're many types of vaccinations besides parvo & distemper - too many viruses & diseases that exist which will cause disability if not death. And basically, it's the immune system which will determine whether your pet will contract the viruses & diseases. And I guess that's why they find alternatives through homeopathy, holistic, herbs, & health food to escape from the side effects of the vaccinations on their lovely pets - & they live healthily & longer life. I guess the influence will take some time to reach here just as people take times to become health conscious & live a healthy lifestyle.

I'm not sure if I'll breed Munji, but even if don't plan to breed her, I'll not send for spaying because she has a owner looking after her. When women plan not to marry or not having babies anymore, they don't need to go through that - Munji is equally the same, she's more than an animal to me. Even if I plan to give her a partner in life & she has puppies, they'll be under the same roof. If by no choice I've to give Munji's puppies away, it's up to their new owner to determine the life that they've to go through, whether to get them vaccinated or spayed. If Munji & her life partner really have to be stopped from breeding by spaying, I'm really sorry to say that I'll send her life partner for spaying. It's not because I don't love him - I'll love him equally. I've to assume the responsibility onto him because he's a male & should cover his life partner as a male. Just like when a wife serve her husband & her husband cover the wife, with each knowing their responsibilities & rights.

May
Old Hand

Sep 30, 2002, 8:27 PM

Post #20 of 29 (8623 views)
Shortcut

Like I've said earlier, the decision is always yours. But please bear in mind when Munji has reach sexual maturity, you have to deal with the mess and hassle of vaginal bleeding that will go on for 7 to 14 days.

As a owners of a bitch in heat, you will also have to deal with a sudden influx of male dogs around your house area. These amorous visitors will leave numerous droppings, spray plants and trees or whatever with their urine in an attempt to mark their new found territory.

If you have decided not to spayed Munji, please be prepared to deal with all this problems in the future.

Cecilia74
Dog Kichi

Oct 3, 2002, 6:59 PM

Post #21 of 29 (8606 views)
Shortcut

Thanks, May, for the info. I thought the bleeding will last for 3 weeks, maybe I read wrongly from the net. So, it’ll be a bonus for me if she just bleeds for 14 days only. Munji is staying indoor & has a very caring owner, so, I guess those dogs wouldn’t have a chance to smell her. I read from the net saying that those dogs will be very aggressive to mate the bitch if they smell her, but this wasn’t the case where my mom used to have many dogs. Only those dogs that were in our compounds mated, but neighbours’ dogs never bothered to come. Not only Munji will not be in the compound, but she’ll be "cleaned", so I guess the chance is highly reduced or totally eliminated. Anyway, thanks a lot for the info. I’ll follow the preventive measure as advised from the net on how to keep those dogs away.

May
Old Hand

Oct 3, 2002, 7:10 PM

Post #22 of 29 (8604 views)
Shortcut

You're welcome, Cecilia. Wish you all the best in taking care of baby Munji.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 7:54 AM

Post #23 of 29 (8593 views)
Shortcut

Hi May,

Just wanted to check with you, after your dog got spayed did her appetite increase? Previously mine was quite a picky eater but now after neutering he is greedy as ever! Anything i put down for him he'll gobble it right up....even veggies which he used to hate, now he licks his bowl clean everytime and always asking for more even....was wondering maybe that's why ppl always say after spaying/neutering dogs will tend to gain weight....maybe it's coz their appetite increase and their owners tend to feed them more.

May
Old Hand

Oct 4, 2002, 5:42 PM

Post #24 of 29 (8590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Registering Munji [In reply to] Can't Post

You're right, ginl. Her appetite improved after spaying. Before spaying she was about 14lbs and now she's 18-20lbs. Look like a piglet. I've asked my Mum to decrease her food intake cos' she's not getting any exercise either. But my Mum always worry that she's not getting enough food....sigh.

ginl
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2002, 6:48 PM

Post #25 of 29 (8587 views)
Shortcut

haiyah so yours also the same! I checked with another person her dog is the same too....hv to be real careful of the amt to feed then....i kinda like it though coz he's not picky anymore especially on the veggie part...last time he ate all the meat and spat the veggies all over the floor....but yeah it can be tough to avoid excessive feeding coz they can look at u with those pitiful faces so we hv to fight the urge to feed them more....tell your mum must stand firm when it comes to feeding! Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my