Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2003, 9:57 AM

Post #2 of 96 (3885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

was kiki from the spca too? how is your baby?
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

Pat

Nov 14, 2003, 3:26 AM

Post #3 of 96 (3851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Alicia,

Yes she was. Chk her out on the frontpage of SPCA website At www.spca.org.my

I spent some time in SPCA walking the dogs on Wed. Angel had such a cute character and very adventurous (we walked quite far into the housing area) and she didn't seem blind at all (she is partially blind), so is baby, the other silky terrier who is blind in one eye and partially blind in the other. Would be quite difficult to be adopted I think. The other 2 (really last chance dogs) spitz mix would make good guard dogs- they were really strong and energetic.

My baby girl on the other hand is not sleeping at night. She is waking up 5 times a night for some time now even since her 5th month. She is now 7 months old. Even Kiki is suffering from sleepness night because of her. Pat
Pat, David

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2003, 7:55 AM

Post #4 of 96 (3844 views)
Shortcut

pat,

sheeri and monty don't like the early morning diaper changes. they always roll their eyes and yawn because they hate getting up before 9 am. Laugh how come your baby is waking up? apologies for appearing forward but you are the only one i know who has a dog and baby, and it's nice to talk to someone who is on the same boat.

checked out your story on the spca site. must agree that living with dogs just completely fills your life, be it with poo and drooly kisses or unwavering loyalty and love.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

Pat

Nov 16, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #5 of 96 (3830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

Went to SPCA again and found that they have put Melroy, a mixed terrier that I paid deposit for to sleep. The last time I saw him was a few days ago (on Wed) and I am terribly shocked that they didn't even tell me before they did it. It was not distemper, just some fever.(?) I am now fostering another depressed dog. Surprisingly, the dog was no longer depressed the moment it got into the car! In fact it drove me a bit nuts by peeing all over my furniture (and yes, it is now chained outside the house.)

About having a dog and a baby, I think I (like you) am just lucky to have a dog that is baby friendly. The difference is that the dog came first, so we already know its personality well enough to trust her with the baby in order to share the same room.I am not sure why baby Clarissa wakes up so often, I think she needs to eat a lot and she is learning to walk. Sometimes she wants to play in the middle of the night!Just hope this phase would pass soon. BTW haven't been seeing you in the recent doggie events. I guess it is not too condusive for the baby huh. Well, till we meet again, Pat
Pat, David

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2003, 8:57 AM

Post #6 of 96 (3825 views)
Shortcut

Hi Pat,

Do you think they allow me to adopt Angel? I have 2 adult JRTs and 3 JRT puppies at home. But I intend to send away the 2 JRT puppies for adoption. I stay in a double storey terrace house and I know we are only allowed to keep 2 dogs. Angel looks so pitiful.

Join the JRT Zone

nickanna
Canine Addict

Nov 16, 2003, 11:23 AM

Post #7 of 96 (3822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there.. i read that u wanna give ur 2 JRT pup for adoption..can u email me some info coz I have a fren whom is interested in JRTs.. my email is annayein@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot!!! Smile

yipwengcheong
Dog Kichi

Nov 17, 2003, 12:07 AM

Post #8 of 96 (3812 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dmax,

I understand that you intend to send away the 2 JRT puppies for adoption which i'am quite interested. How do i able to get in touch with you which you posed your e-mail address or your contact number. I can be reach by yip@biofocus.com.my or by my office number that is 012-3670829.

I hope to get in touch with you as i'am so interested on the 2 JRT puppies. Smile

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 17, 2003, 12:54 AM

Post #9 of 96 (3810 views)
Shortcut

hey dmax,

there is no reason why u cannot adopt Angel! pls do call up SPCA soonest possible and tell them that u would be getting Angel out of there! if u r keen, dun wait any longer as i do not know how long more will they keep her there...

thank u so much for saving a life!

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 17, 2003, 1:26 AM

Post #10 of 96 (3808 views)
Shortcut

hey again!

i just called up SPCA to check if Angel is still there... and YES, she is! have told them that someone (you!) is interested to adopt Angel and they would keep her there a while longer... please call up SPCA (03-4256 5312) or let me know here when u would be able to drop by SPCA so that i can inform the respective staff there...

thanks again!

Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery

Pat

Nov 17, 2003, 4:11 AM

Post #11 of 96 (3802 views)
Shortcut

Hi dmax,

Sure why not? As far as the 2 dogs max for terrace house, I am not aware of the rules being official. And although SPCA may be strict, but if you are persistent and sincere, they will finally give in. Angel is really wonderful. You can go and walk her outside SPCA and then you will see her true personality.

Rgs,

Pat
Pat, David

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2003, 8:18 AM

Post #12 of 96 (3787 views)
Shortcut

Hi Pat & ai_ney,

I have discussed this seriously with my wife and we are still uncertain whether we can manage 4 dogs or not. I still need more time to think. Even at this moment, we're so busy taking care of 5 JRTs and everyday, we end up dead tired. Beside the doggies, we have 3 young daughters and 1 guinea pig to take care. Anyway, we will visit SPCA this coming weekend to check on Angel and Jean. My daughter prefers Jean. Are both totally blind?

As for the rules on dogs for terrace house, there is already a rule stipulated by MPSJ. Please check this website www.mpsj.gov.my/mpsj/umum.htm. If your area is less than 1,000 sq metre, then you can only allowed not more than 2 dogs. If more than 1,000 sq metre, then not more than 4 dogs. So, if we have 4 dogs, we don't think we could get license for the other 2 dogs. Our adult JRTs already making a lot of noise. I'm just worry that the neighbour will complain to MPSJ and they will come and check and take away the dogs to be put to sleep. So, we have to think carefully before we decide to adopt Angel. There is always a risk that MPSJ will take away the dogs.

I sincerely hope that those people with 1 dog can take her. Anyway, we will visit SPCA first. Worst to worst, I may adopt and put her in my mother's place. I know my mum will not like it. Let see first, OK?

Join the JRT Zone

(This post was edited by dmax on Nov 17, 2003, 8:27 AM)

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2003, 8:31 AM

Post #13 of 96 (3781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickanna] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi nickanna, I have sent you a mail this afternoon.

Join the JRT Zone

nickanna
Canine Addict

Nov 17, 2003, 8:36 AM

Post #14 of 96 (3778 views)
Shortcut

yes..i have found the mail..ter"deleted" it.. and yes my fren is very interested on JRT. I have replied ur mail and hope to be in the arrangment stage soonest possible! I can see that u r online now..wished to chat with you if possible. Thanks alot!!! Tongue Wink

(This post was edited by nickanna on Nov 17, 2003, 9:20 AM)

doberman
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 1:34 AM

Post #15 of 96 (3758 views)
Shortcut

what is the latest news about them?Crazy

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 2:26 AM

Post #16 of 96 (3755 views)
Shortcut

hi dmax,

yeah i understand your concerns... it's better that u think before adopting her rather than adopt her now and problems occur later and u had to give her away... Smile Angel is one eye blind (cataracts, i think)... Jean is also partially blind, but not sure of the cause...

i hope for the best for Angel... whatever the mighty one decides on her life... Angelic

i'll inform SPCA about the current situation... Angel'll still be there this weekend...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2003, 2:50 AM

Post #17 of 96 (3754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ai_ney,

Thanks for letting me know. Will be there this weekend.

I read that Boston Terrier generally has this common eye problem i.e. juvenile cataracts which start to affect them when they are 1 year old. It is a genetic defect.

I also did a search in the internet to read about how to cope with a blind dog. It seem that blind dogs still can perform their functions without major problem by using their primary sense of smell and hearing.

Since Angel is only blinded in one eye, he still can use the other eye. There shouldn't be a problem of her moving about. Only fear is that it may affect her other eye. After saying so much, why there is no dog lover who is willing to take her? Is it because she is old? Or scare to incur high medical bill? The average life of Boston Terrier is 10 to 12 years old.

Join the JRT Zone

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 3:07 AM

Post #18 of 96 (3752 views)
Shortcut

hey dmax,

thanks for the info about bostons genetic eye problem...

yes, it would not be a major problem for totally or partially blind dogs to go on with lives as smell is a dog's most important sense... read this somewhere here before... unlike human, we depend on sight but not dogs...

actually it is best that the previous owner keeps Angel as she is already familiar with the house/ environment she's in and would be able to find her way by sniffing... but too bad they decided to give her up coz of her aging health concern...

i can't really answer ur question as to why no one wants to adopt her... but my guess would be of her old age and also her blindness... it's considered an imperfection to most... not so much of the medical bill i suppose...

i have thoughts of adopting Angel, but then again i just got Sookie (adopted from SPCA and also had a health problem) home more than a week ago... and i'm afraid i wouldn't be able to cope with another dog now... Sookie's my first dog, u see...

can only hope for the best for Angel and Jean... and all other homeless dogs...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Gins
Dog Kichi

Nov 18, 2003, 3:50 AM

Post #19 of 96 (3748 views)
Shortcut

Dont let her blindness fool you. Angel will turn out to be more capable than your other dogs. My Jojo is also a partially blind dog (in fact blind in one eye) and poor vision in the other but she will be the one zooming around the house. I guess a lot of ppl just give up when their old faithfuls become blind. I too took her in when her previous owner just gave up on her when her eyes were cloudy and covered with muscus.

I would love to adopt Angel but my hands are tied. 3 dogs in a terrace house....just dread the day when my neighbours complainFrown Hope some kind soul out there will take Angel in.

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2003, 9:10 AM

Post #20 of 96 (3741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gins] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gins,

Thanks for your advice. Our hands are also tied and we fear the neighbour will complain too.

The good point is that Boston Terrier is not a noisy dog as compared to JRT. My concern is that my 2 adult JRTs may attack her. My female JRT seems to be the dominant one. Anyway, I will visit Angel first.

Join the JRT Zone

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2003, 9:14 AM

Post #21 of 96 (3740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yipwengcheong] Last Chance Dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi yipwengcheong,

I have sent you a mail. Did you receive?

Join the JRT Zone

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 10:43 AM

Post #22 of 96 (3737 views)
Shortcut

hi dmax,

spoke to Reve (pronounce Ref), a full time volunteer in SPCA and she said it would be great if u could be at SPCA after 1pm (the time she goes to SPCA) this weekend... this is because she cares very much for Angel and would like to meet and talk to u as well...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

Pat

Nov 19, 2003, 3:54 AM

Post #23 of 96 (3714 views)
Shortcut

Hi dmax,

I think you are one of the unlucky ones staying in the territory where your council has passed the max dog rulling. But do bear in mind that these people have no right to enter into your property to take away your dogs, it would tantamount to tresspass. So tell you family members that. In addition, do not register all dogs under one address/owner when apply for license for obvious reason. There is no rule against dog visiting I would think, or forstering perhaps. Anyhow you will be able to buy time to protect those dogs in worst case scenario. rgds Pat
Pat, David

paulynn
ALPHA

Nov 19, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #24 of 96 (3711 views)
Shortcut

hi dmax

if u're confirming that u want to give away/put up ur JRt pups for adoption can u please let me know?i really love JRTS alot and always wanted to keep one but no chance!

dmax
Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2003, 9:56 AM

Post #25 of 96 (3706 views)
Shortcut

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your suggestion. We have thought about this too but we fear the neighbour will complain to MPSJ as they can become witness. After much thoughts, I don't think we can really manage though we wish we can.

Also, we may need to adopt back one JRT puppy as the owner now could not cope with her. That means I will have 6 JRTs. Deep inside our hearts, we know it's an almost impossible task for us to manage.

Join the JRT Zone

(This post was edited by dmax on Nov 19, 2003, 10:19 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my