Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
she's a mika-cle

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #1 of 13 (2028 views)
Shortcut
she's a mika-cle Can't Post

i called the SPCA to kae-po about their adoption policy and children, and found out, by chance, that they had an 11 year old small mix breed. They said she'd most likely be put to sleep due to her advanced age so i just had to go look see. needless to say, i had to bring Mika home.

but she didn't like Sheeri Frown

luckily for me, my parents who already have 6 mongrels rescued from various situations, said OK to her. Now, she is my father's foot warmer. She is totally toilet trained and is very sweet. she is also OK with my parent's other dogs.

she is very overweight so she is on a diet. her nails were so overgrown she could barely walk. my dad cut them and was so proud of himself, he called me at 11.57 pm to tell/boast all about his 'feat'. aside from that, she is in excellent condition and i cannot imagine how her owners had the heart to give her up. i wish people would be more loyal to their doggies. i hope they had very compelling reasons.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 5, 2003, 8:34 AM

Post #2 of 13 (2026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] she's a mika-cle [In reply to] Can't Post

hi alicia!

great news that u adopted mika! Angelic do u think u can take a picture of her to share with us? would love to see your dad's new found 'love'! Wink Tongue

there's also Angel, a 7 yrs old boston terrier in spca... heard that she would be put to sleep by end of this week if still not adopted... Unimpressed hope she has as much luck as mika...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 5, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #3 of 13 (2003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] she's a mika-cle [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmm...after reading what you have write...i feel bad ler...especially the word ...if not adopted..will be put to sleep....

i mean there is also a lot of human out there which also no use..just waiting time to past...why not put a sleep to them also...haiiiiiii...well, i know its bad to say all this here..but its just the feeling that i'm going through now.....MadMadUnsureUnsureCrazyMad

Anyway, how long spca will keep those puppy/dog till they have to be taken to sleep???...I think there is a lot of people don't know about SPCA or PAWS or even PUPPY.COM.MY....i just keep on seeing people buy pets from pet shop n stuff like that....somemore thousand n thousand of dollars....haiiiiiiiiii

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 6, 2003, 7:25 AM

Post #4 of 13 (1995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] she's a mika-cle [In reply to] Can't Post

hi rebooto,

i know how u feel... but it's a fact that we need to accept (for the time being, anyway)... putting a dog to sleep is based on the vets' discretion... reasons for a dog to be put to sleep are illness, old age, very aggresive behaviour... while a pup that is separated from the mother when it's too young may also suffer the same fate...

u are right about many ppl not knowing about the animal shelters in malaysia... or they may have a bad perception towards the shelters... like, shelters only have sick and old dogs... which is not true...

however, i am not keen in comparing human with dogs or animals...

like u said... cheers always!

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

paulynn
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2003, 10:08 PM

Post #5 of 13 (1988 views)
Shortcut

hi ai ney.

Yes it's true.Reve told me yesterday that they'll put angel to sleep soon but not sure whether it's this week if there's no one adopting her.I hope HLYap took pictures of her when she was there.She and her friends came to spca the same time i was there getting some details of the dogs that should be adopted imho :)

Give me some time to post them up.Too many french homework to do !! Even the thing that the vice chairman of SPCA told me to post up at the forum also i haven't do yet.DIE DIE DIE !

kesuke
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2003, 12:00 AM

Post #6 of 13 (1985 views)
Shortcut

hi alicia

i think it's very very nice of your family to take in mika...hope many more ppl are willing to do so and not just abandone a dog without any compelling reasons....

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2003, 2:55 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1982 views)
Shortcut

hey ai_ney..is the boston terrier still available in spca?

maybe Kowie a.k.a hilda might be interested in it

or has it already been put to sleepCrazy

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2003, 6:54 AM

Post #8 of 13 (1978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] she's a mika-cle [In reply to] Can't Post

hi joanne,

the boston terrier, Angel, is still in spca ampang (until end of this week, i think)... u can take a look at her photo under another thread in here... "you'll want to take all of them home, nov 2"...

really hope that hilda will be able to adopt Angel... Angelic do go to spca by this week to adopt her...

let me know how it goes...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 7, 2003, 8:17 PM

Post #9 of 13 (1961 views)
Shortcut

Well, we have to cheer always.....if i really got free time...i really want to help out SPCA ler....

Ohh yeah, b4 i forgotten...is SPCA having a jumbo sale this sunday??? wat time??

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 7, 2003, 10:50 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] she's a mika-cle [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah there'll be a Jumble Sale in SPCA Ampang this Sunday, Nov 9... i think it starts at 10.00am...

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

rebooto
ALPHA

Nov 7, 2003, 10:58 PM

Post #11 of 13 (1956 views)
Shortcut

ohh ok thx...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

doberman
ALPHA

Nov 8, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1950 views)
Shortcut

ya, show us her photo thenSmile

Henry from Penang
dobermann@puppy.com.myWink

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 8, 2003, 2:50 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1948 views)
Shortcut

Hi Alicia,

Congrats for a job well done ! its so lucky for the dog that you have called on the day and manage to save her from a cruel death.

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my