Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 8:40 AM

Post #26 of 34 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to know that u buy stuff from SPCA. there are new batches of T-shirts coming in the next 2 weeks or so. make sure u drop by and get some ok? Wink

choosy ar? it's only because they want to ensure the dogs have a good home and responsible owner. otherwise, the dogs could end up with an owner that just lock them up all day, do not feed them, do not care for them. if that's the case, wouldn't it be better for the dogs to stay in SPCA, even though realistically they would have to be put to sleep one day if no one comes forward to adopt them? better to let them go in peace than suffer the unbearable.

well, maybe u should give it a try. maybe u would be able to convince SPCA to let u have a dog by showing them how responsible u r, and also u already have a dog right now. nothing's impossible. just ask Kowie. she just adopted an adorable dog from SPCA and she is studying on weekdays too.

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 2, 2003, 8:50 AM

Post #27 of 34 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

yea...that's one of the questions in my head when i see the dogs..

One of my cousin's neighbours had this dog. The poor dog was barely fed and was DEFINITELY abused. Always chained up..

One day, it escaped and so the first thing my cousun did was feed her. For some reason or another, the dog "escaped" frequently. I think the owner just lets her go so that my cousin can give her a free meal..

So the dog was "lost" for a while and my cousin figured that they didn't want the dog and took her in. Guess what? the owner "thanked" her for "finding" her dog(keep in mind they're neighbours) and took her back. and the abuse started...whines,howls and cries could be heard every day.

Finally the dog escaped again and this time the owner didn't "claim" the dog for another month or so. But when she did try...my cousin persuaded her not to take her back by saying "if you want her back, u have to pay for the food that i've been feeding her for the past mth" of course knowing that the neighbour would not pay a dollar for the dog.

Well, she was right. The neighbour refused to pay and the dog is with her today Smile. The poor thing was abused by fire crackers(one of the many things)...everytime she hears fire crackers esp during cny, she'll go under the piano chair or under the bed/sofa..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

MrNiceGuy
Novice

Sep 2, 2003, 6:50 PM

Post #28 of 34 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

ai_ney,

what a wonderful and noble job u have done to those poor lil' dog in SPCA. Bravo!

Guys/Girls,

I have an idea here. Since we all are here for the dogs, why not we register a domain, for an example www.bringmehome.com.my or any other domain name which u think is suitable and then put those adoptable dogs picture inside the website with all the details and update it at least weekly? puppy.com.my might be good enough to host the site, and we can just link www.bringmehome.com.my to that webpage?

Just an idea.
------------------------------------------------------------
-Brownie- Mongrel (Mixed Finnish Spitz)
-Baby- Mongrel (Mixed Shih Tzu)

doodle
ALPHA

Sep 2, 2003, 9:05 PM

Post #29 of 34 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

How could anyone be so heartless??? I can't imagine why would anyone want to do that... Stressed of life?

I fully support SPCA!!!

nooning
K9 Kaki

Sep 3, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #30 of 34 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

Those who abuse animals r real SUCKERS, it's really sickening, yet it's sad 2 know that such inhumane activities happen everyday in every part of the world. Vietnamese labours in Malaysia are hunting down stray cats n dogs around Klang area for food........Korean eats dogs, u can even order the breed of dog u wanna eat, GSD, lab, mongrel, etc etc.........In China, they make dogs in2 dried n salted dog (just like dried fish or the waxed duck)..........Ppl in some part of the world treat dog's like commodities, just like chicken n ducks, not pets or "man's best friend"

Ur coursin is a good samaritan 4 saving the poor dog's life, it's a relief 2 know that the dog is in good hand now. I dun think i can stand living wit such neighbours, barbarians.......Thank god my new neighbours (i just moved in a new place) loves my dog cos he's lovable n a very good watch dog as well.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 3, 2003, 6:13 AM

Post #31 of 34 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrNiceGuy] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

hey MrNiceGuy,

great idea u have there. then we can have photos of adoptable animals from SPCA, PAWS, and any other shelter for that matter. we are really doing these for the dogs. Angelic maybe if someone could suggest it to the webmaster?

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 3, 2003, 9:10 AM

Post #32 of 34 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nooning,doodle] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

doodle,unfortunately, there are ppl like that.. Like what nooning said.

My dad saw some dogs in China prepared like the Peking Suckling Duck Pirate....

Although many ppl are trying to stop this, it's going to be very difficult since it has been part of their culture..same thing like the Japanese and whaling. The good news is the younger generation are more aware of how inhumane the acts are.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Carey
Novice

Sep 16, 2003, 2:45 AM

Post #33 of 34 (1036 views)
Shortcut

Does this MALTESE still available for adopt? Please reply as soon as possible ?Sly

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 16, 2003, 4:40 AM

Post #34 of 34 (1035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carey] MORE Adoptable Dogs (Sept 1)... Give Them a Chance... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Carey,

Oscar, the maltese, had already been adopted. glad that he found a new home. Angelic

what kind of dog are u looking to adopt? toy breed? we have shih tzus and poodles and terriers in SPCA, among others. why don't u pay them a visit and look for yourself? if u need any help, just let me know. Wink

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my