Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
FOR ADOPTION - SPCA Seberang Perai

puppyhope
Novice

Nov 30, 2009, 5:45 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3637 views)
Shortcut
FOR ADOPTION - SPCA Seberang Perai Can't Post

SPCA Seberang Perai, a no-kill shelter is currently homing hundreds over of puppies/dogs/cats. The shelter is open to public every Sunday (3.30-6.00pm). We welcome anyone who is looking to adopt a pet to visit the shelter and help adopt from there.

Adoption fee is up to the capabilities of the adopters as the fees collected is to help fund the expenses of running the shelter.

Below are a few dogs/puppies awaiting adoption. More pictures coming soon...

Type: Dog

Name of Pet: Devin

Breed: Daschund

Sex: Male

Adoption Fee: RM20.00

Description:
He was abandoned by his owner and is currently taking shelter at SPCA Seberang Perai hoping someday he will find a home again. He is alert, loyal and makes a good guard dog.

Type: Puppy

Name of Pet: QQ

Breed: Mixed Terrier

Sex: Female

Description:
QQ is just like her name. Cute and adorable. She has a bit of skin problem and is currently under medication but can easily be rectified with some special care. She is very friendly and can definitely make a good loyal friend.

Name of Pet: Teddy

Breed: Mixed/Mongrel

Description:
Teddy is a cheeky and active monster.

Name of Pet: Connie

Breed: Mixed/Mongrel

Description:
Connie is alert and playful. Very friendly with people.

Anyone interested to adopt may contact us at puphope@g.m.a.i.l.com

profdra
Novice

Dec 1, 2009, 8:18 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [puppyhope] FOR ADOPTION - SPCA Seberang Perai [In reply to] Can't Post

Can any member around SPCA Seberang Perai help please?

I would like to adopt Devin and I'm from KL.
I have contacted SPCA S.Perai today and made arrangements to meet Devin.
She said I can take Devin but I told her, that would be dependant on whether Devin wants to be my furkid becoz I believe that the choice lies with the furkids and not me.

I have had 3 dachies with 2 purebreds. The last was adopted from SPCA Ampang, a purebred, but his time was too short with me. Only 7 years coz he left me last week. I miss him very much.

Though I would very much prefer them as babies and the joy of watching them grow. I only adopt now as my last dachy has proven to me that adult dogs are trainable. Most of all I do not want to be part of the puppy mill industry.

He came to me at about 3-4 years old and he was a nervous dog that wasn't very friendly and a loner. But when I saw a kid telling his father that he wanted the furkid, I immediately adopted him. I was afraid that he would be abandoned on the streets when he bites the kid coz he looked like a naughty kid and the furkid was very nervous and showing his teeth to everyone that wanted to touch him. He has been a wonderful furkid. Never once was there any accidents even though I was sometimes late to get back home. Actually there wasn't much to train him. He just knew what to do.

Having said that, please don't assume that all dachies are like that. All my dachies have different personalities. Bads kids come from bad parents!

I would appreciate it if someone around S.Perai could help me view the dog and give me more info about the dog coz KL to S.Prai is almost 400km.

1. Is he very nervous?
2. Will he be able to take that long journey with a stranger?
3. Does he have any problem at the moment that will be unsuitable for long distance travelling?

Besides it will be a 8-10 hour journey for me to & fro. We will come back the same day and I hope to make it back to KL before the vet close.

Lastly can someone please direct me there?

Thanks very much.

(This post was edited by profdra on Dec 1, 2009, 8:35 AM)

puppyhope
Novice

Dec 1, 2009, 2:33 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [profdra] FOR ADOPTION - SPCA Seberang Perai [In reply to] Can't Post

Devin to me seems to be a very smart dog. Last Sunday was the first time I met him. He seems to be able to sense who treat him well and who not.

Anyway, someone has call me up yesterday morning to say he would like to adopt Devin and when I contacted him yesterday evening, he told me that he say he has arrange to pick up the dog this morning (1.12.09). Let me check with Mdm. Tan later and if the guy did not pick the dog up today, I will keep you updated with the status.

Thank you.

profdra
Novice

Dec 1, 2009, 6:09 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3613 views)
Shortcut

Puppyhope, can I have your mobile thru private message please. I can't seem to send a private message to you. I do not wish to post for public view. TQ

(This post was edited by profdra on Dec 1, 2009, 6:09 PM)

puppyhope
Novice

Dec 1, 2009, 6:25 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [profdra] FOR ADOPTION - SPCA Seberang Perai [In reply to] Can't Post

You can email me directly at puphope@g.m.a.i.l.com.

profdra
Novice

Dec 1, 2009, 7:27 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3593 views)
Shortcut

puppyhope pls check email.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my