Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
Why must leave dog at SPCA after neutering????

elanakcl
Novice

Oct 16, 2008, 3:10 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1183 views)
Shortcut
Why must leave dog at SPCA after neutering???? Can't Post

The adoption fees is included neutering and vaccination of the dog. I adopted 2 dog frm Spca. One is almost 2 yrs old while another is 1 yrs plus. It's sad to say that I made up numerous appointment with Spca only got it canceled last minute every time. this is due to I request to bring back my dog after the process.
They seem to give this as an excuse. Since I don't wanna leave my dog for 5days at RM10per day it will be problem for them to neuter.(I really don't understand what's so hard about that????) So in the end, we manage to agreed that I'll only leave my dog there for a day.
Finally last Sun, I got both neutered after so long. BTW, I don't wanna leave my dog there is not because of the charges but I'm worried of ticks n fleas problem and I'm able to care for them.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Oct 16, 2008, 6:31 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elanakcl] Why must leave dog at SPCA after neutering???? [In reply to] Can't Post

huh?maybe is juz in case something happen inside da house...but the enviroment very dirty there...still charge 10 per day?waa....i rather spay my dog at a vet clinic...safer n cleaner..

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 19, 2008, 7:14 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elanakcl] Why must leave dog at SPCA after neutering???? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why didn't you ask the SPCA why they want the dog to stay there for 5 days? You'd get a answer to your question rather than other people's speculation which only adds to the confusion.

I doubt that SPCA would have wanted to keep your dog for 5 days for no good reason. I suspect it is to do with getting the stitches removed as there are people who would forget (or just not bother) about bringing the dog back and complications would then set in.

I'm glad you persisted and got your dogs neutered. There should be more dog owners like you who care about getting it done.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my