Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!)

bernice85
Novice

Mar 3, 2008, 5:29 AM

Post #1 of 15 (3290 views)
Shortcut
loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) Can't Post

DEAR ALL,

there's a local mixed breed found in Bandar Sunway recently!

this dog is suspected to be dumped by people and she has been here for months.

all these while i have seen her bullied by people and even accidentally hit by the car in the neighborhood!

and even sad to tell you all that today,i saw my neighbor trying to chase her away by hitting her while this dog was just trying to show her friendliness towards these people!!and i was verbally shot by them when i was trying to stop them!

i don't understand why there are people tend to be so so heartless towards all these poor little creatures!

as for me,i would really love to give her a home,but is sad to tell you all that i had already adopted two dogs from my neighborhood,as a student like me,i really can't afford to have another one although i really love to!

so to all the people out there, PLEASE..give this doggie a chance! she doesn't ask for much,all she need is a shelter,a home!

link to her picture is pasted below,anyone who's interested,please let me know as soon as possible.

thnks!

http://img216.imageshack.us/...61/0802231819jb8.jpg

http://img143.imageshack.us/...07/0802231820jy7.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/...1/08022318201hn5.jpg

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2008, 5:56 AM

Post #2 of 15 (3285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bernice85] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

hope she finds a good home. The best for her right now is for you to take her to a vet to be spayed. You can contact me at 012-4151524 if you need help to spay her at a better rate.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

nphew

Mar 3, 2008, 6:57 PM

Post #3 of 15 (3259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Acsyen,

Where is a good place to spay a dog in Penang, do you know? If a dog is spayed she will not have the M/cycle right?

Best Regards

Hew

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2008, 7:09 PM

Post #4 of 15 (3256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nphew] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

exactly.. i think if u take from SPCA they will do it for you. If not you can try Dr Yeoh in Jelutong or maybe Angsana clinic in farlim.

nphew

Mar 3, 2008, 7:15 PM

Post #5 of 15 (3254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

The SPCA ask me to do it myself outside, yeah I know Dr. Yeoh, he was my vet for my previous dog

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2008, 7:24 PM

Post #6 of 15 (3253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nphew] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

weird... i tot spca spays n neuters all dogs n cats before rehoming... Crazy

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2008, 7:33 PM

Post #7 of 15 (3249 views)
Shortcut

quite weird le.. anyway dr yeoh would be good even though his place a bit dirty.. Alaso make sure all vaccines and heartworm prevention are done. Get the 9 in 1 vaccination. for more info on vaccination you can check out the vaccine table i post under the vaccination thread.

nphew

Mar 3, 2008, 7:39 PM

Post #8 of 15 (3246 views)
Shortcut

that's what I thought initially, but the adoption procedure says "Whenever possible, this will be done before an animal leaves the Shelter, but in cases where animals are too young, a date for the operation will be arranged at the time of adoption. A minimum deposit of RM150 will be required for the operation. This deposit of RM150 will be refunded to you through your veterinarian when your pet is due for neutering." SPCA will hold this deposit until I return with a cert saying that my dog has been spayed before getting the refund.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2008, 7:57 PM

Post #9 of 15 (3244 views)
Shortcut

Hmmm, never worked with SPCA beofre so dun really know the procedures. Anyway it sounds fine that after spaying they will refund the money.

bernice85
Novice

Mar 4, 2008, 10:43 AM

Post #10 of 15 (3203 views)
Shortcut

give her a home....anyone?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 4, 2008, 2:28 PM

Post #11 of 15 (3194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bernice85] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Like i've said spay her. At least she doesn't reproduce even more. I can't give her a home as i have quite a lot to rehome myself also. Spaying her is the only thing you can do right now as it's not easy to rehome her.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 5, 2008, 12:32 AM

Post #12 of 15 (3168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

The different SPCAs are all separate entities and each have different committee members and different agendas. It is SPCA Selangor that is actively promoting spaying and neutering and for that, they run a subsidised/ free spay and neuter clinic with DBKL.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 5, 2008, 12:38 AM

Post #13 of 15 (3165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] loyal local mixed breed for adoption/with pictures! (NOT FOR SALE!) [In reply to] Can't Post

orh, thanks for explaining...

then i hope all SPCAs could work together on this very important issue of spaying n neutering...

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 5, 2008, 12:40 AM

Post #14 of 15 (3163 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
give her a home....anyone?

Perhaps you can take her to PAWS so that at least she is off the street if no one can offer her a home. But PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have her spayed so that she cannot get pregnant by accident. Who is your vet? Most vets offer subsidised spaying and neutering if you are doing rescue work. Discuss with your vet if he can spay her for you at a special rate and help you find a good home for the dog.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Mar 19, 2008, 2:56 AM

Post #15 of 15 (2992 views)
Shortcut

has she found a home already?hope she does...and do remember to spay her...it's important ya!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my