Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
pls hlp i'm looking for puppy but duno wat type

dine
New User

Jan 16, 2008, 6:39 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2686 views)
Shortcut
pls hlp i'm looking for puppy but duno wat type Can't Post

hi. i'm looking for a puppy for my boyfriend.. but he doesn't know wat type of dog he really wan.

I brought him to many pet shops but he still can't make up his mind. i know he wan a small breed, .. terrier type. pls reply me if u have one.. .. i know he like jack russle, english cocker spaniel, maliese... i'm so confuse pls help me... i'm looking towards adopting a puppy... i have 4 myslef....can't wait for him to have one himself...

hailey

Jan 16, 2008, 10:31 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dine] pls hlp i'm looking for puppy but duno wat type [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

You really got to know those doggies and their behaivour, etc..

English Cocker : needs much attention, grooming at least 3months once, might have skin irritation easily.

Jack russel : needs much attention too, they are very active,

Maltese : Grooming is very essential, more of a toy doggie

It will also depend on the space you have, the time you will have with the dogs and also your budjet for them every month - food, medication, vaccine, neutering, toys, etc..

robros
K9 Maniac

Jan 22, 2008, 8:32 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dine] pls hlp i'm looking for puppy but duno wat type [In reply to] Can't Post

please dont get a dog for the sake of getting one. Sure they all look cute at the pet shop but reality will set in once you get the dog home.

Without knowing the personality, its very hard to know what type suits you. Certain breeds are hyperactive and demands a lot of exercise. Without an opportunity to expunge their energy, they can get quite destructive. Some ar real people dog, some are natural herders, natural protective dogs, etc, etc. Some dogs are noisier than others.

You need to evaluate how much $$ you can afford to maintain the dog and how much time you can spend with it. In maintaining costs, food, supplements, toys, vet fees, vaccination, grooming, etc, etc dont come cheap.

I would like to advise you to think all these factors before you decide to buy. Dont want another case of abandoned dog at the vet by irresponsible owners who realize their dogs were too much for them.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2008, 7:51 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] pls hlp i'm looking for puppy but duno wat type [In reply to] Can't Post

In Singapore, there are a lot of nice dogs (pedigree) up for adoption after Christmas, Valentines', etc. Reason being is a lot of guys/girls buy dog for their love one as a gift/witness of love, without doing any research before buying. End up either they don't like the dogs or the "hangat hangat tahi ayam" is gone. Some when the relationship turn sour (which is very common and frequent amongst the young generation), the " gift/witness of love" will also be chucked aside.........

hailey

Jan 29, 2008, 9:01 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] pls hlp i'm looking for puppy but duno wat type [In reply to] Can't Post

Sigh...so sad to hear that...some people are so irrisponsible..

Ginger1710

Apr 8, 2008, 5:33 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hailey] pls hlp i'm looking for puppy but duno wat type [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hailey!

Yep, I agree with you. By the way dine, you can consider getting a shih tzu, or if you're living in a big compound, consider a labrador or a Golden retriever. Shih Tzus are very quiet and are lap dogs. Goldens or Labs are almost the same except for the fur thingy. Both shed profusely. I think since you own 4 dogs yourself, you might already know most breed's temperament. So... if you still are puzzled as to which breed, trying using dogbreedinfo.com
Real helpful.

Bye!!Frown
Visit our website for dogs!
www.freewebs.com/bigpaws

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 8, 2008, 10:57 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2241 views)
Shortcut

you couldn't get an answer for your question on what kind of breed you decide to choose, here... cause we do not know what kind of characteristic does your boyfriend have...

please don't adopt or buy a dog for the sake of CUTE...!!! please adopt a dog or a puppy that suits your boyfriend's characters...

if your boyfriend's has a limitation on his PATIENT, then just buy a snake or lizard that doest not require grooming...

please discuss with your boyfriend before you make your decision...

good luck in your adoption...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

(This post was edited by Veanne on Apr 8, 2008, 10:58 PM)

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2008, 1:15 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2152 views)
Shortcut

search for more info on the characteristics of each puppy...then u will need to explain to him what are the things that must be done or must be looked into for each breed...and you let him choose...so that he will know what he might need to do.

dine
New User

Apr 14, 2008, 10:18 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2097 views)
Shortcut
hi to all [In reply to] Can't Post

thankz for the info..

i still have no idea.. wat he wans... we will take our time to look for one..

THANKZ!! cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my