Concern of few pups and their mom

pslim
New User

Oct 5, 2007, 5:36 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2182 views)
Shortcut
Concern of few pups and their mom Can't Post

Hi PAWS,

Tomorrow there will be neighbours who will send the female street dog for vaccination and spaying. She gave birth to 8 pups (1 week old) and all of them are adorable. I've actually found few friends of mine including me to adopt 4 of them (2 whites fur male, 1 spotted male and another brown male). Because they are too young, we decided to leave it with the mom for another week or two until their eyes are open and able to walk.

Unfortunately, there's a guy who tried to steal the babies and abuse the mom today. So the neighbour decided to seek PAWS until the mom is alright and the pups are ready for adoption. We are sending the pups together with the mom cause the pups are still very small.

May I know when is the right time to adopt the pups. Can PAWS able to reserve/keep aside the 4 puppies until the pups are ready for adoption and contact me or my friends to collect them later on?

Hope I can get quick response on this. Also as I've read PAWS website, is it true we need to pay for adoption?

Please help to give some suggestion/solution on the following situation urgently.

The puppies photo:

Full size photo: http://img239.imageshack.us/...image=image32yy6.jpg

The mom's photo:

Full size photo: http://img185.imageshack.us/...image=image02gx6.jpg

Thanks in advance!

perth
Novice

Oct 5, 2007, 8:20 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pslim] Concern of few pups and their mom [In reply to] Can't Post

hi pslim

you can ask to speak to a lady by the name of ms chiang. i think its better to make a visit to paws yourself and seek clarification.
thank u for rescuing the mother n pups. u did the right thing by spaying the mother, if not, guess what? in 6 mth time she will have another litter of 8, plus the present 8 x 8 x 8 =? 512 puppies, where to find 512 dog friendly families who are able to adopt them for LIFE? and it all started from just 1 female dog.

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 5, 2007, 4:26 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [perth] Concern of few pups and their mom [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes true to what perth says. Spaying is a MUST for the mother dog. Am sorry can't help you at the moment have got 8 at my place to be rehomed. Am looking forward to 2 months down the road then i will be able to help out more.

Pups are best adopted at 8wks old. If you need a good vet to help spay the mother dog let me know. I do know of a good one.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

yeee
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2007, 5:57 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pslim] Concern of few pups and their mom [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi you and your neighbour are doing the right things to reduce numbers of strays. Thanks for your effort, from all the animal lovers who concern.Smile

Do update us the progress.

By the way can we spay the mother dog so soon after she gave birth? Is she still able to milk the puppies after been spayed?

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 5, 2007, 7:59 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Concern of few pups and their mom [In reply to] Can't Post

Once the puppy can eat then can spay the mother already.. that is from the pups is 6weeks old already can spay them.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

yeee
Canine Addict

Oct 5, 2007, 10:22 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] Concern of few pups and their mom [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh I see. But the mother dog here just gave birth 1 week ago according to pslim and they are sending her to spay tomorrow/today?

pslim
New User

Oct 5, 2007, 11:48 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeee] Concern of few pups and their mom [In reply to] Can't Post

yes... the mom gave birth to the pups on 26th Sept Wed.

and I've received msg that they've sent them to PAWS at 11 am just now. Hope the dogs are alright and at safe hands...

Thanks for the contact. I'll give a call to Ms Chiang later and tell her about the pups.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my