~An issue with SPCA~

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

MayHMF
Dog Kichi

Aug 4, 2006, 11:47 PM

Post #1 of 66 (16652 views)
Shortcut
~An issue with SPCA~ Can't Post

I am a new user in this forum. This has been on my mind for some time and its very disturbing. I would like to share this with you.

Sometime in the month of June this year, a male golden retriever, whom I named 'Love' was found loitering outside my house.It was about 3 years of age. It was probably attracted to my two dogs (one of which was adopted from SPCA) who were playing in the garden. It looked unkempt and like it was lost. So, I decided to take it in. That evening, the security guard and I walked around our area to look for the owner. However, nobody claimed the dog.

I kept it for 2 days and bathed, groomed, dewormed and fed it. It was a most wellbehaved dog and it could take simple instructions like sit or lie down. My family and I were already in love with it but unfortunately, we could not keep it because we already own two dogs. So I decided to give it to the SPCA. SPCA came immediately the next day (probably knowing that its a golden retriever). I made a call to SPCA a while later and spoke to Reeve, a very nice lady. She told me that the dog would not be put up for adoption until ten days later. This preiod of grace was to allow the owner to reclaim the dog.

Three days later, when a friend of mine told me that she would like to adopt Love, we went to the SPCA immediately. We saw Love who recognized me instantly. I then went to the office and spoke to Sally, a Chinese lady who's the counter staff. That was when I had my greatest shock. She told me rudely that the dog had been reserved by somebody else. She brushed me off and did not even care that I saved the dog from the streets. Then she rudely asked my friend what type of house she lived in. When my friend told her that it was a double storey-linked house, she bluntly said "This one has a bungalow". She did not even consider that my friend was going to keep the dog indoors. She also told me that since I signed the letter to give up the dog I had no further rights to the dog. She actually behaved as though SPCA and all its dogs belonged to her!

I was so shocked and saddened by her arrogant attitude that I left immediately.

These issues come to my mind:

1.) Does it mean that a person living in a bungalow would make a better dog owner than a person living in a terrace house? Furthermore, this will be an indoor dog, and so the issue of space should not be a question.

2.) Should a person who is rude and arrogant as Sally be allowed such a humanitarian responsibility? Did she not appreciate that we are all true dog lovers to want to adopt an SPCA dog?

3.) Why was the dog put up for adoption when its ten days period was not over? Can SPCA's words be trusted?

Now I know that in the future I will have second thoughts about sending any dog to SPCA. Please do not make the same mistake as I did. I should have re-homed the dog myself, at least I know who the owner is. This episode has left me with a bitter feeling about SPCA.

(This post was edited by MayHMF on Aug 4, 2006, 11:50 PM)

nickyswwong
Novice

Aug 8, 2006, 8:41 PM

Post #2 of 66 (16577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MayHMF] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi... first of all.... welcome to the forum...

frankly speaking.... I agree there are those who had gave SPCA a bad name BUT to be fair... there are good guys out there....

someone I know once told me that some of the volunteers there get very upset especially when visitor comes in & out ONLY asking for pure breed.... they felt bad for those mix & mongrel which equally needs a loving home... thus ...... u know lah..... bad mood and sad....

but generally, Sally's attitude is still not acceptable.
but pls don't give up hope on SPCA.... they have been trying very hard....

Frown
Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Aug 9, 2006, 2:07 AM

Post #3 of 66 (16567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickyswwong] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

I had a bad experience there too before a couple of years ago.. but mine was an Indian lady with short and curly hair, quite plump... my colleague wanted to adopt a dog but ended up frustrated because she would not even give a chance for us to explain. My colleague, wife not working, true dog lover, lives in a Semi D house and has ample space for 2 dogs that is why we went looking for the 2nd one there.

Yes, we truly understand the interview process is to find a good and forever home for this dogs but do they need to be so rude ? Why cant the dogs be place at a home(eventhough they have another dog) where someone is able to give them a good life than risking out being put to sleep?

Just my experience at SPCA, ever since anyone of my frens asked about looking for dogs, I take them to PAWS...
A Dog Never Lies About Love

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2006, 3:50 AM

Post #4 of 66 (16545 views)
Shortcut

there;s alwiz lotsa problem wit SPCA..... not to said those negative stuff....mayb their workload is too much....

most of my fren who happen to rescued a dog....they will do the rehoming themselves....or look for a foster...

sending to a shelter is alwiz d last resort....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

hoyf
Dog Kichi

Aug 10, 2006, 3:17 PM

Post #5 of 66 (16532 views)
Shortcut

It is dangerous to employ people without PR skills and risk them tarnishing the image of the organisation. I think this is a common problem in non-profit organisations. The people at the office are the most important people because they are the first the public come in contact with. Perhaps the management should think about this.

Like Amanda said, try to find your own adopters the next time. You are more in control. TQ.

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2006, 12:21 AM

Post #6 of 66 (16520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Dun la you people being so negative for SPCA. My pipi was adopted from SPCA and I meet no problem at all.

I dunno why so many people here wanna complain SPCA. Do you guys know how hard is it to run a non-profit organisation? Certainly you don't know orelse you won't complain.

As usual, people want cheap, nice , good , brilliant service but pay zero fees. Hey..this is not 5 star pet shop le, friends. You cannot expect 5 star service. SPCA is just doing a public service for the poor little beings. And please people, SPCA have already done their best. Do you guys know how many strays are sent to SPCA everyday? And how many volunteer are needed to keep up the daily services?? If you don't agree with me, you should try to be a volunteer in SPCA one day and observe how much work they have there. Imagine if you have to work in the environment where there is no air-con, smell, dogs barking 24/7, cat meowing, little money, and dirty work yet they get complain from people for having bad services. This is not easy job.

Complain no use, give your helping hand to SPCA and the poor animals there is what SPCA needs. This fello who complained that she/he gave up the GR to SPCA then later wanna re-adopt the dog back but got rejected is totally nonsense! Do you know how hard is it to find a potential adopter?? The objective for SPCA is to find home for the dog, not to store the dogs in the cage. The sooner someone adopt the dog, the better is it for SPCA because they have more space to keep another dog, to save one more life!!

Dogs are not toy. How can you send this dog away to SPCA today and later on re-claim from SPCA? SPCA is not a temporary shelter.

The Sally is a bad example, but please don't because of one rotten apple and you want to destroy the whole forest.
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2006, 1:13 AM

Post #7 of 66 (16518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_pipi] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah....everything ofcoz got positive n negative wan....

but ur a client n wanted to adopt a dog...ofcoz they will be veli friendly to u.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2006, 2:19 AM

Post #8 of 66 (16514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_pipi] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi luv_pipi,

i used to volunteer at spca ampang every sunday (sometimes weekdays too) for 1 year... my dog, the pug in the avatar, is adopted from there... i have seen way too many times the number of animals brought into spca in just 1 single day, the animals being put to sleep, owners not understanding the importance of neutering their pets, owners surrendering their pets by giving lame excuses, dogs suffering from depression after being left in spca... and of course there were also good times when the animals were adopted by good homes...

the only thing i want to stress is that for those who are looking at adopting an animal from the shelter, be it spca or paws, be very certain that it is the animal that you want to help and save and take home to be your forever friend... the staff there, whether they are friendly or not, helpful or not, doesn't really matter, to me at least... just assume they are having a bad day and get on with yor mission - to adopt an animal from there...

the issue with the GR is not about surrendering and adopting again... the member who started this thread just wanted to know why did spca tell her that there would be 1 week period before the GR will be put up for adoption but before the time comes, the GR is already adopted.

do u volunteer at spca too?

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

netty
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2006, 5:20 AM

Post #9 of 66 (16504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

is it possible to update the site again.......

now it's from somewhere in June.....Crazy

I think it will help a lot, when you can make a choise at home, go to the SPCA, look for the dog or cat, pay, and take it with you.

you don't have to deal with staff and ask questions, they are busy enough taking care of the animals

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2006, 10:24 PM

Post #10 of 66 (16490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [netty] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

hi netty,

yeah i know about the site, it's been long since they last update it... i think the website is managed by an outsider and probably she's been busy lately... just to clarify, i am not a staff of spca and so not able to update the site lar... Smile

i understand what u mean, photos help, but then again there's nothing better than visiting the shelter personally to look at the animal and see its personality... Cool

a few volunteers, including me, used to take photos of the animals and post them in puppy.com... maybe i should start doing that again...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

netty
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2006, 10:43 PM

Post #11 of 66 (16484 views)
Shortcut

I hope you will do that....thanks

I will show you how we do it in Holland......

look for www.dierenasiels.com

at the left you see; zoek hond, click on this

than you see a list of things you can choos, like age = leeftijd

kan bij andere honden = is it posseble to stay with other dogs

kan bij katten = is it possible to be with cats

kleine kinderen = is it okee with small kids

grote kinderen = bigger kids

alleen thuis = is it possible for the dog to stay alone in the house

in the auto = does the dog like to go with you in yhe car

than you click on; zoeken

and you will get all the names of dogs who are in the shelters in The Netherlands and Belgium

you see the name of the dog and when you click on the name you can find everything about the dog.

I know that a lot of people first look at this site to find out if there is a dog for them......

you pay for the dog, when you take it to your house, and you have 1 month to decide if the dog fit in your life.

if not, you can bring the dog back, and you get back your money.

thay also come over to check if the dog is in good health.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2006, 11:03 PM

Post #12 of 66 (16480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [netty] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

wow that is a good site! the shelters here should work together to do something similar... but personally, here in malaysia, i think we still have much more to do besides having a more useful website... we have a long way to go in helping the homeless animals...

Sookie's Photo Gallery

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2006, 11:32 PM

Post #13 of 66 (16473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
yeah....everything ofcoz got positive n negative wan....

but ur a client n wanted to adopt a dog...ofcoz they will be veli friendly to u.....

Haiya.. everyone who goes there also client wat..

Some people really got silly attitude one la.. want this want that but dun wanna pay.

carmengan
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2006, 11:53 PM

Post #14 of 66 (16473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Mayb we can look at it these way. Sometimes there are people who are just not so good in expressing themselves. Mayb they don't mean to be rude, it's just they dunno the effective communication skill with people? There are lotsa ppl like tat and they are just not aware of it. Or mayb bcoz they are offering a good heart to work there and too much expectations are heavy on them that make them frustrating? But for sure they got a kind heart and alot of cares for animals. Else they won't work there.

However it is, mayb we can look at the bright side. These people, however they are in receptioning, they sure haf a kind heart. Taking up such an angle job is not easy. Not many people is willing to do it, or else we won't haf man power shortage there. We respect them for taking up such duty n respect their kindness. For that mayb we can give alittle bit more patient and be alittle bit more forgiving to them on things they could not cover, in return for the hardwork and great job they've done for the animals?

meanwhile, I believe those who raise the issue here does not mean to damage the good name of SPCA too, as all here aim to help animals. We all know vonlunteering job is tough and great. Hence the name of volunteering organization can never be damaged. This may b a constructive feedback to seek improvement in when possible. Let's give a little patient to the organization as we understand works are tough there. Or even better if more people could volunteer there to help in the improvement?Tongue

The aim is to help the helpless pity animals...Smile

(This post was edited by carmengan on Aug 12, 2006, 12:03 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 12, 2006, 1:39 AM

Post #15 of 66 (16463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmengan] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

actually my fren choose not to surrender dogs at spca is simply becoz they already had enuf workload...

so v juz try to do our part without relying on them much......

Pacco de Mongrel

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2006, 9:19 PM

Post #16 of 66 (16440 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi luv_pipi,

i used to volunteer at spca ampang every sunday (sometimes weekdays too) for 1 year... my dog, the pug in the avatar, is adopted from there... i have seen way too many times the number of animals brought into spca in just 1 single day, the animals being put to sleep, owners not understanding the importance of neutering their pets, owners surrendering their pets by giving lame excuses, dogs suffering from depression after being left in spca... and of course there were also good times when the animals were adopted by good homes...

the only thing i want to stress is that for those who are looking at adopting an animal from the shelter, be it spca or paws, be very certain that it is the animal that you want to help and save and take home to be your forever friend... the staff there, whether they are friendly or not, helpful or not, doesn't really matter, to me at least... just assume they are having a bad day and get on with yor mission - to adopt an animal from there...

the issue with the GR is not about surrendering and adopting again... the member who started this thread just wanted to know why did spca tell her that there would be 1 week period before the GR will be put up for adoption but before the time comes, the GR is already adopted.

do u volunteer at spca too?

ar loo ainey..

When i was a student, i was a volunteer. i knew exactly how's the feelings for working there. And now i am a client myself, i know exactly how things work both way.

The issue with the GR, forgive me if i am too straight forward. The story gave me the impression that people are giving up animals too easily. As well, they are just taking SPCA for granted. I am definitely speaking for SPCA. Maybe i am wrong in this case, but believe me, there are so many selfish freak/moron out there who are taking SPCA for granted. Unsure

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2006, 9:25 PM

Post #17 of 66 (16439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmengan] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Arloo carmen..

I like your comments !

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Aug 20, 2006, 12:55 AM

Post #18 of 66 (16364 views)
Shortcut

your not the only person who encounter bad scene shown by SPCA... they jus tends to do that by rejecting ppl who lived in double story houses. There is once they ask my fren to get a bunglow house then built another house for the dog itself and get a person to take care for 24/7...this scene was perform right in front of all the ppl who are visiting SPCA.... what a monkey scene they are doing to themselves..!!

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

Veganology
Novice

Aug 22, 2006, 2:21 AM

Post #19 of 66 (16329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

I have heard too many complaints about the SPCA reception staff especially about this Indian with short & curly hair, plump lady. I have to admit that I shared the same experience last year.

Thus, if this still occurs and you still wish to make complaints, please contact the Registrar of Societies Malaysia, Enforcement And Prosecution Unit that can take the appropriate action. This Unit is responsible for carrying out investigations in relation to malpractices and offences committed by the societies or its office bearers and institute proceedings to charge such cases in court. The Unit also carries out surprise checks on societies and investigate complaints that are made through official channels.

I'm sure if everyone calls and make enough complaints, the quantity of complaint calls will get their attention, and the unit will definitely look into the matter seriously.

Here are the contact details:

Jabatan Pendaftaran Pertubuhan Negeri Selangor
Tingkat 16, Wisma MBSA,
Persiaran Perbandaran,
40675 Shah Alam,
Selangor.

info@jppmros.gov.my

Tel: 03-55106427

Fax: 03-55109281

(This post was edited by Veganology on Aug 22, 2006, 2:27 AM)

Veganology
Novice

Aug 22, 2006, 3:28 AM

Post #20 of 66 (16316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veganology] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't wish to make anyone look bad. It's never my intention and I would always avoid such situation whenever possible, but any course of action that would hurt the wellbeing of any animals in the course of overall performance under a care of a certain individual or group must be looked into seriously.

Refer Post # 4

craftseni.com/spcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=27&highlight=rude

Refer Post # 3

craftseni.com/spcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=27&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=rude&start=45

Refer Post # 1

craftseni.com/spcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=350&highlight=rude

Veganology
Novice

Aug 22, 2006, 3:33 AM

Post #21 of 66 (16312 views)
Shortcut

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=257868;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 22, 2006, 6:48 PM

Post #22 of 66 (16294 views)
Shortcut

OH NO --- NOT YOU AGAIN!!!

" ... I don't wish to make anyone look bad. It's never my intention and I would always avoid such situation whenever possible, but any course of action that would hurt the wellbeing of any animals in the course of overall performance under a care of a certain individual or group must be looked into seriously ..."

YOU are such a hypocrite ...

First, you make disparaging allegations against a particular "... Indian with short & curly hair, plump lady ..." to instigate others to your point of view ... and then pretend that causing harm is not your intention.

Waalah, you think we stupid or what???

I thought the MISSION STATEMENT of a Humane Society is ...

" ... The mission of The Humane Society ... is to create a humane and sustainable world for all animals, including people, through education, advocacy, and the promotion of respect and compassion ..."

SO - WHERE IS YOUR RESPECT & COMPASSION FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEING???

It is most certainly you intention to make others look bad (and I must say, you are very good at it) ... taking a cheap shot in this Forum, without giving the person against whom you make the allegation any chance of reply.

MAKE LAR YOUR OWN FORMAL COMPLAINT TO OR AGAINST SPCA ... AND THEN HAVE COURAGE TO FOLLOW THE COMPLAINT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

Or are you the kind of person who only instigates others ...???

Jangan lah jadi batu api dan katak dibawa tempurong.

Cheers TongueTongueTongue

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Aug 22, 2006, 7:34 PM)

Veganology
Novice

Aug 22, 2006, 11:27 PM

Post #23 of 66 (16275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Again, thank you for your feedback Surchinmy. I was just trying to help. If my help is direspected and insulted like this, then, I will not futher assist anyone in this. I'm terribly sorry that it has caused such hatred towards me like this. I think it is just a simple misunderstanding and I believe I have explained myself in the other threads of my position.

Anyways, I will explaine it again here.

Please understand that Local Humane Societies are all around the world. Only the HSUS and the HSI (Humane Society International) are a National Humane Society. National organizations primarily work on big picture approach including research, public education and assisting local shelters and rescue groups like us. Local groups like us primarily handle the actual care (housing, adoption, investigation etc.,) on animals, but our programs will also include education and outreach to the public. Also, Local Humane Societies mission statement and philosophy may defer from other Local Humane Societies or National Humane Societies.

Yes, I do agree that the statement does look biased and prejudiced. I wish I could edit and correct the manner it was conveyed and explain in detail what that meant but there is no option for me to do that. Rest assured, it was not meant to be like that. Please accept our apologies and thank you for higlighting it.

By the way, Surchinmy, I like to inform you that the word "inhumane" means "not humane." So it means, we don't support anything inhumane or not humane. May it be a sport hunting or non-sport hunting, both can be considered inhumane (circumstancial).

We wish that you approach us in a more positive manner in providing constructive feedbacks so that we can improve rather than attacking us with such unreasonable accusations and insult. We are new and trying very hard to make our mission a success. Thus, we need people like your good self to be more supportive in our cause to help all animals.

For your added information, after checking matters both with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and the Malaysian Registrar of Societies (ROS), both of them have strongly advised me that I cannot simply select anyone to become committee members or the board of directors for the Humane Society Malaysia simply because I want to hasten the registration process, as the wrong individual selected for a particular organization could collapse the structure and eventually destroy the organization even before it starts.

Thus, they have informed me that I must prepare a mission statement and the organization's philosophical views that must be read through, understood and agreed upon by all members that are going to be selected as Committee Members and Board of Directors.

Unlike in other countries, the Malaysian ROS wants me to elect committee members and board of directors who completely share all the organization's mission statement and philosophy of the Humane Society Malaysia before meeting them for registration and approval purposes.

As advised, I have prepared the Humane Society Malaysia’s Committee Membership Criteria and Basic Application Requirements. Thus, if you are staying or living in Malaysia and would like to be one of our Planning Committee Members for the Humane Society of Malaysia, please e-mail me at veganology@care2.com and request for an application form. The application form would also briefly describe on what is the HSM's basic criteria to be a Committee Member. However, please note that the application will only be approved based on your answers to some basic questions and to whether or not you are able to agree and accept the HSM's mission statement.

No worries, if you disagree with anything written in there as we all have the right to agree to disagee and move on peacefully. Some of you may not be able to agree with all of it, or may be some of it. Either way, the application will become void.

Becoming a HSM Committee Member and/or later elected to become the HSM Board of Directors is not the same as public membership support. While we do not expect much from the public in general other than to provide financial & moral support for the organization to help animals, and to understand the ethical issues concerning animal wellbeing which the HSM will address through the many programs and public outreach, committee members and board of directors however, are strictly to agree with everything the HSM stands for. The public can agree to some and disagree the rest, but CM and the BOD can't. The CM and BOD must agree to all, or they will face organization internal problems and the people in it won't be full hearted in all or any of their work.

Anyways, no matter what happens, always remember, a humane society starts with you.

Thank you and best regards,

Nick Josh K. Karean
HSM Organizer
Humane Society Malaysia
+012 259 5517
veganology@care2.com
www.care2.com/c2c/group/HSM

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 23, 2006, 12:32 AM

Post #24 of 66 (16261 views)
Shortcut

" ... Again, thank you for your feedback Surchinmy. I was just trying to help. If my help is direspected and insulted like this, then, I will not futher assist anyone in this. I'm terribly sorry that it has caused such hatred towards me like this. I think it is just a simple misunderstanding and I believe I have explained myself in the other threads of my position ..."

Insulting??? ... Surely not. At least I post where you can read and reply.

Disrespect ... yes!

Many people from all walks of life have worked very hard for many years to keep SPCA going as an animal shelter & refuge ...

I am not saying that SPCA is perfect.

For sure ... there continues to be need for improvement and there is need for criticism & feedback ... in SPCA or any other charity BUT surely a posting like yours is neither deserved nor required ...

If you have a grevience, then by all means make or take your complaint wherever you wish - THAT IS YOUR RIGHT ... but to instigate others by referring to an "individual" who is not given a chance to reply ... THAT IS NOT FAIR!!! ... and certainly disrespectful.

As for your other points ... my reply can be found in the link below:

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=271357;#271357

Cheers

Veganology
Novice

Aug 23, 2006, 12:39 AM

Post #25 of 66 (16256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

All right. You seem not to understand our position and our statement.

And we would appreciate it if you stop twisting our words. We never said you can shoot a bear for a trophy BUT cannot use a bear trap. We don't support any form of torture or killing.

We mean "circumstantial" to express that certain places like the north pole do not have vegetation. Thus, for survival, people have to hunt. Though, we prefer if it's done humanely, meaning that death of an animal should be instantaneous or quick.

I like to apologies to everyone if any of my statement has caused misunderstanding. I would also like to thank Surchinmy for making us realize that my invitation being done online e.g., like this public forums is a big mistake that has made us look really small. I will contact the administrator of this forum to remove or delete all of my posts.

Thank you.

P.S. Like I said earlier, I wish I could edit and correct the manner it was conveyed and explain in detail what that meant but there is no option for me to do that. Rest assured, it was not meant to be like that. Please accept our apologies and thank you for highlighting it. Also, please understand that we are new in all of this, and are bound to make some mistakes. No ones perfect and we are all constantly learning the ways we can serve to help the animals in best possible ways.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my