~An issue with SPCA~

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 6, 2008, 10:12 AM

Post #51 of 66 (13800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spca.pr.desk] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi... i need some information... never actually adopt dogs from spca or paws... i just adopt them from friends and puppy.com... erm... so, never know how spca dealt with these thing...

1. what is the procedure of adopting one...?

2. before i'm being approved to adopt one, spca will come to look at my house, right...?

3. how long it actually takes for me to bring the dog back home with me...?

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

nphew

Apr 8, 2008, 2:22 AM

Post #52 of 66 (13716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Veanne,

I just adopted one from the SPCA Penang a month ago, actually not much is involve in getting a dog from SPCA, see what you like take her/him home for a RM100 fee. If it is a female puppy (not spayed), pay extra RM150. When the puppy is 6 months old bring her to your vet to spay ~RM300, and SPCA will refund you the RM150 spaying deposit.

The approval is immediate if you select the dogs that is already fit for adoption, I adopted a new comer (few months old), so I have to wait for a week. They will screen her for problems. Also they will not look at your house.

Actually I would recommend taking home an adult dog, the puppy is cute but likes to chew things, also poo and pee several times a day. Most adult dog was already spayed as well, so basically you saved on the spaying fee. Do consider giving these dogs a home, I think they would love you even more , my AVATAR shows Candy, cute isn't she.

Best Regards

Hew

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 8, 2008, 7:17 AM

Post #53 of 66 (13707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nphew] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

i see... i tot they're having rules that before they actually let me to adopt, they will look at my house environment first...

haha... most of my adopted dogs are adult... i don't mind about the ages... hehe...

candy is so cute... and lucky to have you adopting her...

and thanks for the info.... really appreciate it...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

shapeshifter

Apr 9, 2008, 12:39 AM

Post #54 of 66 (13645 views)
Shortcut

Adopted 2 of my dogs (as puppies) frm PAWS.

Was pretty easy, all they did was give them vaccinations- i can't rmb them asking for anything else.

I still have them, 1 is 14 yrs old, the other is 4.
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 9, 2008, 1:15 AM

Post #55 of 66 (13640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shapeshifter] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

i see... hehe... i pay a visit to paws and spca on may... can't to adopt another furkid... shiro would be happy, i think... haha

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

nphew

Apr 9, 2008, 6:52 PM

Post #56 of 66 (13597 views)
Shortcut

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that SPCA would vacinate the puppy too, I need to follow up on the vacinnation this week

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 9, 2008, 10:40 PM

Post #57 of 66 (13578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nphew] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, i know about it... anyway thanks for the info... really appreciate it...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

shapeshifter

Apr 11, 2008, 6:04 AM

Post #58 of 66 (13496 views)
Shortcut

haha i knw wht u mean!

My younger dog wasn't too happy with our new puppy when we 1st brought her home.

Now, they're like the best of freinds!

The small fella is as big as the m,edium sized dog and TORETURES her constantly.

But tehy're very sayang together.

Oh & PAWS & SPCA pups one thing I notice is tehy're clean! no fleas, no earmites.

Those pure breeds that you bring home from the breeders? yea, most of 'em have ear mites! so gross!

My GR was like tht. Kesian man... but now aft treatment all okay.
~ A dog is the only one who will love you more than you love yourself~

OmgPuppy!

Jul 20, 2008, 1:12 PM

Post #59 of 66 (12936 views)
Shortcut

I had a bad experience with SPCA too. I was thinking to adopt a pug over there. And the 1st thing they told me that i have to pay around RM700 in order to adopt that pug. And the next thing was the old lady was asking who do i stay with ( well, i moved out , ) and they said i had to be with my parents to adopt a dog from spca. Thats kinda ridiculous. . .

Dead Game and Tryin' to Scratch...
Give me victory or give me death,
I will make history and gain your respect.
Take my lesson, or take my life,
Triumph is blemished in the absence of strife.
I have great pride, for I am unequaled.
Win, lose, or tie, there won't be a sequal.
Its unexplainable and seldom viable,
but I am dead game and thats undeniable...

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 21, 2008, 3:51 AM

Post #60 of 66 (12914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OmgPuppy!] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

I dun find it ridiculous. It just make sense what they say. Nothing wrong with you moving out but the thing is that you might be young and most young ppl love dogs but will it be for the next 10+ yrs is another question. RM700 might sound expensive. But I feel it is not wrong of them to take that amount. The care, spaying, vaccinations, food, worker's salary all needs money. I wouldn't have given my dogs to anyone young ppl considering the past bad experience. Even if they are above 21 yrs old. I think at least above 23 would be better but that depends on each individual too.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

OmgPuppy!

Jul 28, 2008, 8:58 AM

Post #61 of 66 (12782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acsyen] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Diff ppl experience diff situations gua. I just said what i encounter only . . .=D peace !

Dead Game and Tryin' to Scratch...
Give me victory or give me death,
I will make history and gain your respect.
Take my lesson, or take my life,
Triumph is blemished in the absence of strife.
I have great pride, for I am unequaled.
Win, lose, or tie, there won't be a sequal.
Its unexplainable and seldom viable,
but I am dead game and thats undeniable...

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Aug 3, 2008, 6:15 AM

Post #62 of 66 (12693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MayHMF] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

actually there was a new organizations(FFF-Furry Friends Farm,private) something like spca they does not put dog to sleep...try to think,spca DBKL caught stray dogs n put to spca n if no person come to adopt then they put to sleep.butif the dog still a stray dogs...ppl around the area may feed them everyday...they might be 'guard dog' around the area,n still ALIVE.but if put in spca....the percentage of 'alive' is only 50 percent!!if i were a stray dogs,i rather continune to be a stray dogs ...

somemore is a GOVERMENT organizations!!!!wat do u expect!!goverment memang liddat de la...u know last time got a 'catch dog competition'?y they only catch dogs n not cat?there's soooo many stray cats around my house n their body all got serious skin deaseas!!!n it was spreading to one another!!!

there was a jack russel terrier been caught in the morning near my house be4...u know how they catch?they use a string to tie on the tail n pull up the car!n the dog scream like hell!!!

so...don expect goverment's organizations to help me

khengteik
ALPHA

Aug 3, 2008, 7:19 AM

Post #63 of 66 (12691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

well... Malaysia is like that.... there is nothing much of what we can do... the only thing that we can do is just try to help as much as possible...

things are totally different here in Thailand... where i'm at now.. there are quite a number of strays... and they are not only well fed by the people here.... they are as you say... very excellent guard dogs....

for example... next to the apartment where i'm staying is something like a parking for factory busses... and these bus drivers and their spouses actually stay in the bus itself.... everyday, i see them feeding the dogs and cats.... and come night time, i dont even dare to walk 10 meters near any of the busses... you'll see a pack of dogs barking at you like mad... although they dont do that in the morning... another thing i noticed is that the dogs and cats do not simply pee and poo all over the place... they seem to have a specific place where they all will go and pee and poo...

i used to say that if you love a dog because it is a dog and not because it is a breed... it will guard you with its life... and i'm proven right...

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

ck23one
Novice

Oct 11, 2008, 10:59 PM

Post #64 of 66 (11696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spca.pr.desk] SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

I believed in one thing..Love started from Home.. If our parents are spoiled and wicked how do u think mostly our child will end up?

I just can't understand why such and easy and direct answer by MayHMF can't be answered here at the forum by you the PR and Marketing Officer of SPCA? I'm sure most of us here wanted to know the answer or should I say we already have the answer in our mind.

"After a few initial posts to clarify the issues raised here, due to time constraints we will not be able to visit the forum very frequently. Please forward your enquiries to me directly at jacinta.spca from then onwards. " maybe it takes a long time to log in to puppy.com while we can log in to spca

puppyhope
Novice

Dec 1, 2009, 7:42 PM

Post #65 of 66 (10667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wanna share that we went to SPCA Seberang Perai, which is a no-kill shelter last Sunday (29.11.09). They are currently housing hundreds over dogs/puppies/cats. The shelter is located at 162 Jalan Kampung Besar, Berapit, 14000 Bukit Mertajam and is open to public every Sunday from 3.30-6.00pm.

Adoption fee wise is up to the capabilities of the adopter(s) and the fees collected will be used to fund the expenses of running the shelter.

Due to low publicity, a lot of people does not know that SPCA Seberang Perai exist. For those staying in Penang and am thinking of adopting a pet, make a visit to SPCA Seberang Perai. They have a lot of puppies/dogs/cats waiting for a home and to be adopted.

Better still, if you have the time, help by becoming a volunteer as they are short of manpower. Those interested to help out may contact Mdm. Tan directly at 012-5523447 or email us at puphope@g.m.a.i.l.com.

AhWah
New User

May 3, 2010, 8:40 AM

Post #66 of 66 (9683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [puppyhope] ~An issue with SPCA~ [In reply to] Can't Post

i dropped by SPCA Ampang last wk to look for a dog for adoption. I can understand why they had to put the animals to sleep/ reject some animals. They place is just bustling with dogs/ cats and the cost of running the place is enormous.

Spoke to the aunties/ workers there while they were busy with the cleaning chores. The vet there (either named Tian or Thien) was also helpful. They dun frame their answers like those trained PR guys fr a big company straight answers and plain passionate with their work. Nice ppl, no complaints.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my