IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
Anyone seen a Male Shih Tzu At SPCA

shiloh

Jan 27, 2006, 10:41 AM

Post #1 of 9 (1867 views)
Shortcut
Anyone seen a Male Shih Tzu At SPCA Can't Post

Our dog Andy Lau has been missing since January 9, 2006. He is a white and grey shih tzu about 4+ years old. He was last seen in the Seri Petaling area wearing a red collar with a pattern of white bones on it. His fur has been trimmed short with only the ears and tail left long.

If a dog fitting this description has been sent to SPCA or PAWS please contact me at 019.237.8443.

We miss him and have not given up hope.

Shiloh
Attachments: AndyLau03.jpg (10.4 KB)
  AndyLau02.jpg (23.1 KB)
  AndyLau01.jpg (17.1 KB)

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Feb 3, 2006, 2:50 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shiloh] Anyone seen a Male Shih Tzu At SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

I was at the SPCA yesterday and there were several shih tzus there including one that looks similar to your Andy Lau although his body hair had been shaved even shorter than in your picture. There were no details of age/ breed or even gender. It is located in the puppy area with 2 other puppies both of which were found by SPCA staff and brought in. It did not appear to be a puppy - it didn't act like one. It sat quietly rather than tried to draw attention to itself when potential adopters walked by.

It would be better if you went into the SPCA to see for yourself if this is your dog rather than rely on unreliable third party sightings. As I mentioned, there were several shih tzus there and you know your dog to identify it without doubt.

Good luck with finding your dog.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

shiloh

Feb 3, 2006, 8:09 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Anyone seen a Male Shih Tzu At SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Gus Gus

I've called SPCA, who have no idea about what dogs are available or in. I'm leaving the office in 15 minutes to check if it really is Andy.

Bless you Gus-Gus for keeping an eye out!

I pray it is Andy.

Shiloh

shiloh

Feb 3, 2006, 11:25 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1784 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Anyone seen a Male Shih Tzu At SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gus Gus

Checked at SPCA. There is a white and grey shih tzu, quite similar to Andy for his expression, but it not Andy. So sad. But this little guy has been adopted so that is good news.

SPCA suggested that we visit the Pusat Haiwan at Setapak.

Lots of dogs there including another white and black/grey shih tzu, but still not Andy.

For everyone who may have lost dogs, we saw
1. One daschund - black and tan shorthair , with slightly fluffy ears
2. One shih tzu - white with grey and black
3. One little white dog - something like a Westie - very cute
Lots of big dogs, many with licenses and collars

The staff were very helpful there, so if you have lost a dog, you might want to try there.

Thanks again Gus Gus and if you come across another dog that you think might be Andy, please let me know.

The search goes on.

Shiloh

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Feb 4, 2006, 8:33 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1766 views)
Shortcut

Hi Shiloh, I'm so sorry that none of the Shih Tzus at SPCA turned out to be Andy Lau. Good luck with your search for him.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

Feb 6, 2006, 6:03 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1728 views)
Shortcut

Hi shiloh, along to sanziro, we lost a black n white female shih tzu abt 5 years old 3 month ago...She very active n she has a black spot on her left eye....izit similar with wat u saw in SPCA??? Pls help me....I really hope 1 of them is her.....really miss her so much. or can u give me the SPCA no. and add ? i need ur help badly..... thank a lot. Any important cause pls contact me 017 693 9090. thank a lot...

Hope ur doggie,Andy Lau will be fine n ppl will take good care of him, as wat my Happy oso.

God bless Happy n Andy

shiloh

Feb 6, 2006, 11:46 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [purwhitegal] Anyone seen a Male Shih Tzu At SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Purwhitegal

The one i saw at spca which is white and grey/black is a male. But there were two more but these had lost a lot of fur, so can't tell what colour.

SPCA Selangor
Jalan Kerja Air Lama,
68000 Ampang, Selangor.
Tel : 03-42565312, 42535179
Fax : 03-42528382

If you are familiar with ampang, it is quite easy to find. Near the international school.

If you are in that area you can also visit the dog pound at setapak.

Hope you find Happy. Still searching for Andy Lau.

Shiloh

purwhitegal
Dog Kichi

Feb 7, 2006, 4:25 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1697 views)
Shortcut

Hi Shiloh,

Thank a lot. I will go there n have a look ...all the best.

PurwhiteGal

maegan
Dog Kichi

Mar 2, 2006, 5:38 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1505 views)
Shortcut

Hi Shilo, hv u c my sing sing at the SPCA?hv u been to setapak already?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my