Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
pls help me 2 get a puppy

str@wb3rry
Novice

Jan 10, 2006, 7:13 AM

Post #1 of 16 (3493 views)
Shortcut
pls help me 2 get a puppy Can't Post

Hi all, I wish to adopt a cute puppy. Small breed, and preferably poo trained for I am staying in a small house. I really like dogs very much.my parent prefer dogs like chihuahua,hush puppy and "tai an chai"Laugh. Hope u can sent me a msg as soon as possible...^^thx

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jan 12, 2006, 1:26 AM

Post #2 of 16 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [str@wb3rry] pls help me 2 get a puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

ur looking foward to adopt 1 or to buy 1... ur requirment is a bit high indeed...first of all.. the furkids that ur scouting is consider pedigree breed and what more they are expensive.. espeacilly the hush puppy - basset hound is an expensive dog... secondly, u want it to be trained before u get the dog... if u really own a dog, u should train it by urself.. u jus cant expect ppl to give u a dog which been train before.. what i mean here is that not all dogs are toilet train....if ur lucky enough to get ur dream dog and its not train, what are u gonna do with the dog? think carefully before u adopt a dog... raring a dog is not as easy as u think... u have to spent time and money and this is the fact...jus like a couple having a new born baby...

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

str@wb3rry
Novice

Jan 12, 2006, 10:41 PM

Post #3 of 16 (3426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] pls help me 2 get a puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

that really kind of u to give me an advise,i do adopt a big dog..not sure it name..mix breed..not so rememberable...cos of my grandma,i have 2 giveup taking care of it.that time i was still a kid,cant make any dicision,so i never say no.(my grandma dislike doggy)Pirate..but now i moved out,and i like doggy..so i wish 2 have 1 back!! dont be so sentitive..if i can really get a poo trained dog..that will be great(do u expect a 15+year old girl 2 train her puppy while she out for school)need time!Frown..but if not,is also ok..im still happy with thatLaugh..do u get me???

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2006, 12:33 AM

Post #4 of 16 (3417 views)
Shortcut

im not being sensitive towards ur situation and i do understand that.. jus that u have to spend time with the dog ... anyway hopefully ur wish for adopting a dog will come true... u will jus have to scout around the forum on dog and rescure for any adoption...

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

carinmanfong
Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2006, 11:59 AM

Post #5 of 16 (3381 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
that really kind of u to give me an advise,i do adopt a big dog..not sure it name..mix breed..not so rememberable...cos of my grandma,i have 2 giveup taking care of it.that time i was still a kid,cant make any dicision,so i never say no.(my grandma dislike doggy)Pirate..but now i moved out,and i like doggy..so i wish 2 have 1 back!! dont be so sentitive..if i can really get a poo trained dog..that will be great(do u expect a 15+year old girl 2 train her puppy while she out for school)need time!Frown..but if not,is also ok..im still happy with thatLaugh..do u get me???

age is not a problem.. they are many good doggie owner in this forum you can learn from.i think secondary school still not that busy until cannot train a dog.. im studying uni now.. final year some more.. with thight schedule. i still can toilet train my dog. more over, i teach my bonnie to sit and hand hand while im in form 6! <thight thight schedule oso!!> i found that working ppl are much more busy/ no time then us who is still studying... @.@

hope you find the dog of ur dreams soon....

since you want to adopt a pure breed doggie, then u need a loooooooot of time to search around..

i have some frens who get pure breeed for free as well.. Super super super lucky!!

Good luck!
**A pet is a LIFE TIME commitment..**

(This post was edited by carinmanfong on Jan 17, 2006, 12:46 PM)

janiceC

Jan 18, 2006, 2:33 AM

Post #6 of 16 (3358 views)
Shortcut

as other members have said,age is definitely doesnt matter ,if u hav da attempt to do it..i think u can train ur pup la..cuz since u r only 15..not that busy mar..n i'm 17 now..spm this year..n surely i will be busier than u..yet,i still manage to take care n train my pup..

i believe tat u can do it..hehe..try ur best n hope u can find a dog that suits u soon..Wink
www.dogster.com/?210313

jojoo
Novice

Jun 11, 2006, 8:51 PM

Post #7 of 16 (3088 views)
Shortcut

(This post was edited by Admin on Jun 11, 2006, 11:01 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 11, 2006, 9:11 PM

Post #8 of 16 (3086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jojoo] pls help me 2 get a puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jojoo,

You can't advertise puppies for sales priod to Amin Approval & Amin will remove your message without notice if they did see this thread. Please check below for forum rules.

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=31699;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

luv_pipi
Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2006, 9:32 PM

Post #9 of 16 (3083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] pls help me 2 get a puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:

Very funny o.. this is a dogs for adoption at SPCA yet people put up notice to sell, buy, adopt puppy..Sly
Frown My PiPi does not have long fur Frown

Frown My PiPi does not win any awards in DoG Show Frown

Frown My PiPi is not a member of MKA Frown

Frown My PiPi does not attend obedience and agility training Frown

FrownMy pipi is a simple dog Frown

noname

Jun 20, 2006, 7:34 PM

Post #10 of 16 (3029 views)
Shortcut

like other forummer said, no time is just an excuse. if no time, make time. simple as that.

puppy/dog need attention from owner and if you need a well-behave dog (e.g. toilet train)... then you need to train him/her yourself. it will take some times (depend on the puppy age).

im working and yet i still have time to train my puppy when im going back from office. just spend few hours with them daily is good enough.

i thought student have more free time compare to adult... ?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 23, 2006, 5:38 AM

Post #11 of 16 (2730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noname] pls help me 2 get a puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

noname...

although is been a long time ago since this thread is last updated.. i still have to agree with u noname ...

im also a final year science student -- busy hectic schedule..

but i still manage to train my gurl in as short as 1 mth time..

ya.. u r rite.. students have more time than working people.. just that they have less money

anyway, i think, the main key is not time.. but is patience and determination plus lotsa love

and also, i think, if we ourselves train our own puppy/dogs, the bond will be closer, hence the puppy respects us more

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 23, 2006, 5:45 AM

Post #12 of 16 (2728 views)
Shortcut

strawberry...

my dear my dear.. if i was in secondary school at 15 age, i will start take k of a puppy..

do u know.. taking care of a puppy means taking responsible of a life ? this is the golden time, when u also learn to take k of ur self, and be responsible for everything in ur life, including ur own mind and soul as well as physical...

waht i mean taking responsibility is, bathing ur dog, cleaning her/his ear, checking on health conditions, toilet-training, emphasizing discipline (which can make u a great teacher to ur dog, not jsut an owner), and all that..

and u mentioned that u moved out .. u still secondary school student?

for getting a poo-trained dog, please refer back to what i have just mentioned about responsibility.. if u want ur dog to have a greater bond with u, u will have to train her by urself.. that teaches u to be patient too..

for your information, not every dog is hard to get toilet-trained,, jsut the main thing is u urself. u must be patient to train her in potty-training.. some easyly trained puppies spend just a few weeks for this, some more stubborn one, take even half a year.. my friend's puppy took just 3 days... while my puppy took 1 mth.. also, u have to take some time to observe where ur dog likes to do his/her business on, newspaper ? or grass ? or where...

so, it really depends on how fast ur dog can learn, and also how patient u r...

dont give up on training k ?

im a final year science degree student.. and final year, for your info, is very hectic and busy.. sommore i m science based, means i have a lot of time need to spend in the lab doing experiments and lab works,, plus i have a final year thesis and project to complete in 1 year time.. so.. my schedule definitely busier than you.. and i can manage to train a puppy properly and efectively.. y not u ?

u just need that boost on ur confident.. and im giving it to u now..

so.. since this thread is long time ago, how are you now? have u adopted the dog ? if u have, hows it now ?

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This post was edited by SupaMolly on Oct 23, 2006, 5:52 AM)

kChy

Oct 23, 2006, 8:10 AM

Post #13 of 16 (2721 views)
Shortcut

haha i'm 15 too Sly i've no problem with time. Its just that u want or vice versa. Summore now PMR finish dFrownnow i just need advice on how to train my dog from u guys..
missing Oreo very much,
loving Viki to the max.

babymiki
Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2006, 8:50 PM

Post #14 of 16 (2713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] pls help me 2 get a puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

i agree with supa molly. dont get a dog just because u love dogs. It involves time and responsibility.

Do more researches if u're unsure of anything. Good Luck ya

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Oct 24, 2006, 3:37 AM

Post #15 of 16 (2709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] pls help me 2 get a puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

babymiki...

yap thats exactly rite !

many ppl treat pets like changeable clothes.. when they like, they want to get/buy.. but when after a period of time, they realise the clothes is not wat they like anymore.. maybe lazy to wash, then they dump the clothes

its better to think properly for a time, think of commitment.. really have time and money and patient ?

if have, then can get/adopt/buy a puppy.. if not, better "die heart" !

this is a sad case for many puppy/dog owners who are 'temporary'... after a few mth, or even worse, a few days, don wan liaw.. cus no time and commitment and patience, then send to spca... haih... not good for the dog

if i am to put myself in the mindset of the unwanted/sent puppies/dogs, i will feel neglected

egretaus
Novice

Nov 18, 2006, 12:35 AM

Post #16 of 16 (2623 views)
Shortcut

hi, i had a puppy looking for a new house. its a cross breed. i think its around 1-1 1/2 months old, male,light brown. its cute & quite well train.( i don't know is some1 train it before or what cause when i ask it don't p on there it will go outside & pFrown) actually is some one throw it in front of my house while im out for work. you see, i already had a female darling in my house & she's quite unhappy with this newcomer. so i decide to find it a new home.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my