First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

hoyf
Dog Kichi

May 3, 2006, 9:56 PM

Post #26 of 31 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maxaus] Sent puppies to SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Bec,

So nice to hear that you are volunteering at SPCA. I do visit SPCA Ampang to help out. It is so nice to be with the dogs.

Thank you for enlightening us on the situation at SPCA. I think the public is ignorant of SPCA putting down puppies and pregnant dogs in the event that there is no space. That's why they keep catching strays and leave them at SPCA thinking that SPCA can find homes for them. Or they keep complaining to SPCA of abandoned puppies/kittens. The other day when I was at SPCA, a man who had just caught a stray puppy came to leave it at SPCA. Two ladies came with a cat and a kitten also to be homed at SPCA. To them they have done a good deed. They said it is better than to let the animals fend for themselves in the streets. To me, it is rather a misdeed if the animals were to be put to sleep. It would be more cruel to deprive an animal of its right to live! The other day when I was at SPCA, the SPCA pick-up came back with a blind cat. She was send straight to that ROOM. I asked the man why she was caught. He said somebody reported. He said she's blind and she's pregnant and she won't be able to take care of her litter. I was so disturbed that day. Why? No matter how difficult life is, surely the blind cat has survival instincts to rough through life!

Maybe we, dog lovers, can help SPCA or PAWS find homes for the animals. Or we ourselves be Independent Pet Rescuers to nurse the sick and then find homes for them. Or if we can't, just spay and neuter them and then release them back into the streets.

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Oct 31, 2006, 11:08 PM

Post #27 of 31 (2107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woofwoof80] 2 new black pups to SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

is SPCA open on sunday? if i am not wrong it only opens from mon-sat, rite? or only volunteer can go on sunday?

FrownView my blog in Sasha's Blog and don't forget to sign my guestbook!Frown

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are not 'Just a Dog'
They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

alicebear

May 1, 2007, 10:09 PM

Post #28 of 31 (2049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] 2 new black pups to SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

My name is Alice from Penang. I am interested to be a volunteer in SPCA too. May I know roughly what will we do in SPCA? Angelic

- Thanks, Alice Wink

jessicaohh
ALPHA

May 23, 2007, 9:23 PM

Post #29 of 31 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicebear] 2 new black pups to SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

hheheh...actually i hvn;t been to spca myself too...coz of the timing...i checked the opening hours..it's like our working hours...so not convenient for me to go...

but from what i read, i hrd that some volunteers will help to bathe the dogs, clean up the kennels n stuff like dat lo....i'm not very sure exactly wat they do too...

but i do hope that spca can open in a more convenient hours for ppl who work but wish to be volunteer...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

yoko_zimi
Dog Kichi

Aug 11, 2007, 6:29 AM

Post #30 of 31 (1844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] 2 new black pups to SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi.. im new to this web.. n im a doggie lover... hope can help up if i could be a volunteer in spca.. but how to join ?

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Aug 12, 2007, 4:14 AM

Post #31 of 31 (1833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yoko_zimi] 2 new black pups to SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

harlow,
i think to join u hv to visit spca yourself. they will be able to brief u better...

FrownMy Dogster Frown

They are my FAMILY!!!

Sasha, Sze Ern N Sheena
Frown

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my