St Bernard, Male, 4 yrs old

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 18, 2005, 2:31 AM

Post #1 of 24 (4156 views)
Shortcut
St Bernard, Male, 4 yrs old Can't Post

hello all,

i am posting this on behalf of spca ampang.

there is a wonderful male st bernard who is 4 yrs old available for adoption from the spca ampang. he is waiting for a good home with lots of space. Feel free to drop by spca for a visit to view the st bernard and many other lovely dogs. spca ampang can be contacted at 03-42565312.

thanks.

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2005, 3:14 AM

Post #2 of 24 (4147 views)
Shortcut
St Bernard, Male, 4 yrs old [In reply to] Can't Post

I just went and I saw the saddest thing. The St Bernard's owner came.... she cried and cried..... I think I over heard her say her dad sent it there.... she was so angry and sad....

The St Bernard is lovely, very gentle. Please, if anyone is looking for a large dog breed, do see this chap. Will post a picture soon.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

May
Old Hand

Nov 3, 2005, 12:07 AM

Post #3 of 24 (4038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] St Bernard, Male, 4 yrs old [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm......I just came to know that someone in my neighbourhood have sent his St. Bernard to SPCA. It's a male St. Bernard with hip problem. Dunno how old is he. The owner sent him there cos one day when the wife walked the dog, the dog saw another dog and chase it. As a result the owner's wife fall and injured herself. The owner was angry and decided to send the dog to SPCA. Dunno how true is it and dunno whether is it the same dog but I feel so sorry for the dog Frown Frown. Apparently the owner has been having the St. since he was a puppy Frown Frown.....

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 3, 2005, 1:01 AM

Post #4 of 24 (4029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] St Bernard, Male, 4 yrs old [In reply to] Can't Post

Ohh... so sad... I have fallen many times and my dogs are still treasured. Sigh... some people just don't understand. Anyway, the lady that visited the dog cried buckets of tears... she was mid 20s I think, I overheard her say her father brought her dog there... anyway, it looked so sad, the dog and cried when it saw the lady. I was in tears when I saw her hugging and giving her pet a last grooming before sobbing away towards her car.

Here's a pic I got from the website... wonder if it's the same dog... He looks a bit old due to the grey hairs on his ears and muzzle.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
Attachments: 0.jpg (32.9 KB)

May
Old Hand

Nov 3, 2005, 1:04 AM

Post #5 of 24 (4028 views)
Shortcut

Yea...I think the owner has a 20+ yrs old dotter. From the photo, the dog does looks the same as the one at my neighbourhood. I feel so sad when I knew about it as I always saw the owner walk the dog every morning n evening. I don't think the dog is 4 yrs old cos according to my fren the owner has been having the dog for 7-8 yrs edi.....sigh....I feel so sad abt this.....Frown Frown Frown......feel like crying..... .

Oh...just wonder if the owner decided to take the dog back, can they just take it back or are they subject to pay the adoption fees??

(This post was edited by May on Nov 3, 2005, 1:08 AM)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 3, 2005, 1:09 AM

Post #6 of 24 (4025 views)
Shortcut

Aiyoh... really ah? OH... so sad lah.... We I saw 4 years old, I didn't believe, even my dad went there and he was sad to see such a dog in SPCA. Already senior and ... it was depressed. My friend and I fed it some treats... So depressing to see it there and it was heart breaking when it saw the lady... was like the eyes lit up a moment and it was jumping up and down.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 3, 2005, 8:08 AM

Post #7 of 24 (4020 views)
Shortcut

May

where do u heard the reason of the owner surrender the dog? yah. it is very very very sad to part with our beloved dogs. those who force the owner & the beloved dog to seperate are devils! MadMadMad

Regards,

Yang

May
Old Hand

Nov 16, 2005, 8:32 PM

Post #8 of 24 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Do you know the latest development on the St. Bernard? Really hope someone give him a good home.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2005, 4:51 AM

Post #9 of 24 (3916 views)
Shortcut

I've not been to SPCA in the last week. I might go this weekend. I'll check!

May
Old Hand

Nov 24, 2005, 10:41 PM

Post #10 of 24 (3852 views)
Shortcut

Any updates??

hanako
Dog Kichi

Dec 5, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #11 of 24 (3746 views)
Shortcut

Hi, We checked with SPCA about the St Bernard & was told that the dog has been sent to a farm in Johor. Confirmed that the dog is from Kepong. Lets hope that the dog will be happy there........

May
Old Hand

Dec 6, 2005, 1:27 AM

Post #12 of 24 (3730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hanako] St Bernard, Male, 4 yrs old [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea....hope the dog will have better life.

Btw, yesterday while I was blow drying my Chow chow one yellow lab appeared in front of our gate. He seemed lost and wanted to come into my house but I could not let him in as my Chow Chow is on heat. I do not wan any accident to happen. In the end, my opposite Indian neighbour brought the dog into her house. I saw your hubby came and took the dog away. So u have adopted another dog huh? Congrats!!! That Lab is so gentle....

hanako
Dog Kichi

Dec 6, 2005, 6:56 PM

Post #13 of 24 (3714 views)
Shortcut

Yes, we took in Brownie (that's the named we call him) as the neighbour's 3 dogs would attack him. Brownie's such a nice & gentle dog. Don't know where to start looking for his owners as he doesn't have a collar. Planning on taking him to the vet today just to make sure that he's okay. Will have to make my rounds to the vets and pet shops in BSD, T. Sri Sinar, B. Menjalara and T. Maluri to see if anyone has lost their dog. Am quite worried coz some people may say Brownie's theirs but we want to return Brownie to his righful owner. It breaks my heart to see him with the desperate look in his eyes. Only thing we can do is to sayang him and reassure him that everythings going to be okay.

We have no experience in taking care of a big dog. Had a good laugh as the portion of food he consumes is HUGE........ Feeding him is expensive....

Anyway, we're not giving up on Brownie. If anyone comes looking for Brownie, please direct them to our house (also 2nd house, on the road parellel to yours).

Will keep you posted on Brownie's progress...................

christeh
Dog Kichi

Dec 6, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #14 of 24 (3710 views)
Shortcut

Y don't u ask dem a question abt Brownie 1st? Abt his height or sumtin? Or maybe u could see his reaction to the stranger. It's ok 2 refuse politely if he won't follow the stranger. He should be able to distinguish his owner 4 himself, actually. If he was abandoned(sadly), n nobody comes 2 claim him, y don't u find a relative or fren 2 take him in?

May
Old Hand

Dec 6, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #15 of 24 (3709 views)
Shortcut

Yea, that 3 dogs really like "sakai". I kena attacked once by three of them. The scar still here. Ruby oso kena attack before by one of the dogs and we had a big fight with that #@#@# owner until all ppl oso came out and watched.

Back on the Lab, I once saw 2 Indian boys walking their dogs, a yellow lab and a dalmation. U know the corner lot house near the padang with extensive renovation? Both dogs belong to that house. Last Sunday my sister in law did went and rang their doorbell but no one in. After I saw your hubby took the Lab, I tot it was your dog so I din check with that house owner during my evening walkie.

Btw, one night I oso saw one white dog in your house compound. Another rescue huh? Ops!!!! I sound like a spy edi......Blush Blush Blush Blush

(This post was edited by May on Dec 6, 2005, 7:31 PM)

hanako
Dog Kichi

Dec 6, 2005, 10:03 PM

Post #16 of 24 (3698 views)
Shortcut

Boxer was attacked by their dog about 1 week ago coz their spitz mix & mongrel dog escaped from their house (back entrance) and ran out to the back lane. Boxer happened to be minding his business and these 2 rascals came and fought with Boxer via the fence. Was a bit upset as Boxer was bitten on his right hind lane. Luckily the old lady apologised to hubby the next morning. They should supervise and take more responsibility for their dogs, but who are we to tell them.

I doubt that Brownie belongs to the corner house as he would have found his way home if its nearby. On top of that when hubby took him out for a walkie, Brownie didn't go that direction. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. will check if they lost their dog.

He.. He... Sly the white dog is Georgie Boy (GB). (He's a terrier cross with poodle.) We were dog sitting for a friend last week as they went to Penang. Since Boxer & GB are friends, they were okay together. At least they do not fight. Anyway, GB is old (at least 14 years old) and is not very active. In the past GB's was sent to Raub every time my friend travelled outstation. Really troublesome.... but when you love your dog, nothing is too troublesome.

FYI, we're adopting a miniature poodle from SPCA and awaiting for him to be neutered before we can bring him back...... Probably able to come home with us by end of next week. Another lost dog ...... found in Ampang. Will not adopt him if owner comes forward to claim him.

If no one comes to get Brownie, will have 3 dogs to take care of...... like this bankrupt lah....... but not complaining......

May
Old Hand

Dec 6, 2005, 10:25 PM

Post #17 of 24 (3695 views)
Shortcut

U know wat, before this the Indian fella will let off their dogs in the morning to do their business everywhere. Even the guard sounded them but they dun care. But after we had a big quarrel with them, they dare not do that anymore. Last time, they even scolded us for walking out dogs at night.....cos their dogs bark like mad when see others dogs go walkie. Really crazy ppl!!!!!!!!! You have to be fierce then only they will scare of u. If u are abit soft soft then they will scold u back.

It's good to know that you will be adopting another dog. There are simply too many dogs I SPCA and SPCA needs someone like you to help them and the animals. Bravo!!!!

hanako
Dog Kichi

Dec 6, 2005, 10:26 PM

Post #18 of 24 (3695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [christeh] St Bernard, Male, 4 yrs old [In reply to] Can't Post

Tks for the suggestion..... Will keep that in mind.. We would probably have a few question and / or request for proof that Brownie's theirs. Know from experience how a dog would react to their owners when they are reunited. Boxer went missing once and when he was on the way home (to be reunited with us), he was so excited and hyper.........

Will probably keep him if no one comes forward to claim him..... but I'm praying for miracles ...... experienced first hand how its like to lose a dog..... it is really nerve wrecking especially if you're bonded with the dog..... only an animal lover would understand......... others would think we've gone nuts......

May
Old Hand

Dec 6, 2005, 10:30 PM

Post #19 of 24 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Yea, should screen thru the potential owner. Good luck to you!!!

hanako
Dog Kichi

Dec 6, 2005, 10:56 PM

Post #20 of 24 (3685 views)
Shortcut

When we initially brought Boxer home from SPCA, Boxer was nearly bitten by the neighbour's dogs. Luckily, hubby was walking Boxer when they were almost attacked. Hubby's quick thinking saved the day. From that day onwards, I don't walk Boxer unless absolutely necessary. Don't think I'll be able to handle their dogs....... too fierce....... should be sent for obedience training.......

Hope neighbours won't complain about my house ........ full of dogs. Lucky for us, Boxer likes our immediate neighbour. He'll only bark when they have visitors. Boxer's very friendly to all of them ..... in fact their toddler can pat and hand feed Boxer !!!!!!!! of course, we're always there to make sure that everything is under control.

Can't keep too many dogs..... as it is Boxer's jealous when we pay too much attention to Brownie. Not fair to all concerned.

May
Old Hand

Dec 7, 2005, 12:00 AM

Post #21 of 24 (3677 views)
Shortcut

I have 3 dogs myself too. So far no one complaint except always have trouble with that st***d Indian neighbour. But the situation has improved alot ever since the big quarrel....hehehehehe... Luckily they are not my next door neighbour else I sure vomit blood everyday Frown Frown.

hanako
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2005, 6:43 PM

Post #22 of 24 (3648 views)
Shortcut

Took Brownie home last nite. You are right, he belongs to the 1st house (facing Datok's altar). Daughter was as home ....... Brownie was given to them by a friend who moved to Australia about 5-6 months ago. Brownie's over 5 years old.

He was let out to wee-wee (without a leash / supervision) on Sunday. I would never allow that to happen & am sure you won't too. Anyway, told the daughter to take good care of Brownie. She seems more concerned about the upcoming 21st birthday party that they are organizing for her brother. I better say no more....... not too pleased with ppl's commitment to their pets.... SMS me your e-mail if you want to hear my views (019 219 0827).....

May
Old Hand

Dec 8, 2005, 7:39 PM

Post #23 of 24 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Oh!!! That's great!!! My memory not bad ar.....I saw the dog once only I recognised edi....hehehehehe. I have no chance to check with them cos everyday I reach home oso almost 9pm edi Frown....

Hopefully next time they won't let the dog go out by himself again.

U have done a good job!!!

May
Old Hand

Dec 8, 2005, 8:22 PM

Post #24 of 24 (3639 views)
Shortcut

Oh!!! Here my email addy...hope u can get it. It's at may two three seven six (in numbers) at y.a.h.o.o

Cheers!!!

(This post was edited by May on Dec 8, 2005, 8:24 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my