black pug for adoption at SPCA

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

blubrd12
Novice

Sep 9, 2005, 9:43 PM

Post #1 of 28 (14006 views)
Shortcut
black pug for adoption at SPCA Can't Post

hi, there is a black pug puppy for adoption at SPCA Ampang. the price is 1000rm. it is a 5 month old male puppy.

for information call 03-42565312

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 9, 2005, 9:58 PM

Post #2 of 28 (13997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blubrd12] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

The adoption fee so expensive.Unsure Like asking people to buy the pup lerUnsure

blubrd12
Novice

Sep 9, 2005, 10:01 PM

Post #3 of 28 (13995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

the adoption fee is half of what it would be to get a black pug in a pet store. i just saw one recently for over 2000rm. they also include the neutering, vaccinations, and treatment for one month free. they have to feed it too while its there. the price actually quite cheap lah for that dog and for all they do. pet shop doesnt give vaccination or neutering free. also the dog gets sick pet shop doesnt care you have to pay for your own vet. SPCA gives you one month treatment free.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 9, 2005, 10:39 PM

Post #4 of 28 (13986 views)
Shortcut

blubrd12

hmm.. same reply in both thread! i wana say: it is worth it! worth it! the money is a form of donation, the price is not "SELLING price"

Regards,

Yang

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2005, 12:39 AM

Post #5 of 28 (13976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Agnes Wong] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Agnes, interested?

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 12, 2005, 6:01 PM

Post #6 of 28 (13772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

WendyS

Agnes said she already adopted 2 pups wo.. Smile

Regards,

Yang

WendyS
Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2005, 4:51 PM

Post #7 of 28 (13752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
WendyS

Agnes said she already adopted 2 pups wo.. Smile

Hi, Thanks for telling me.....Smile How are u?

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 13, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #8 of 28 (13737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

WendyS

Me --> Tongue life's great! haha.. how abt u?

Regards,

Yang

seacean
Novice

Oct 17, 2005, 7:42 AM

Post #9 of 28 (13686 views)
Shortcut

hi blubrd, i dun agree with what u've said, u see for pet shops they breed the puppies themselves and they are doing this for commercial purposes, so of course they would sell it at a higher price, but for spca, it's supposed to be a shelter for unwanted, abused and homeless animals, their sole purpose should be for the animals there to get a good home, not to "collect" them from the back streets and sell them, recently i called to spca becoz i was interested in getting this shizu mix from there if i'm not mistaken, they told me if i were to adopt any puppies there, i had to pay at least rm200 and onwards for them, i was utterly shocked, i mean not as if u wanted to sell the animals...u're trying to keep them until u could find a good home for them, i do agree that they do need the money to help more animals there, but trust me, rm1000 or rm2000 is just unreasonable, the centre should think of others who are not from ampang (the high-end area) and dog lovers are not solely from ampang, there are still other animal lovers out there who would love to help these helpless and poor animals by giving them a good home, but could not afford to becoz the price is just too high, unless spca bought the pug from the breeder and wanted to sell him to raise money, but again this has conflicted with the purpose of having this animal shelter, am i right? there should not be any business interest in a centre like this. i know, u may think that if they could not get the money from selling the dog, they would not be able to help the poor animals be it from the shelter or outside the shelter, trust me, if nobody gets the dog from u u wouldn't be able to keep new ones there anyway becoz u have limited space, i am saddened by the fact that some animals are even put to sleep due to the limitation of space, so instead of pricing these animals at an unaffordable price, try to encourage the public to buy with a minimum amount of money, so that u can have more space to accomodate new-comers, and if u guys didn't know, the spca in melaka is giving away their doggies for rm90, no matter what breed, see what i'm trying to say? do not compare spca with a pet shop outside becoz the purpose is totally different, pet shops are selling u the animals without caring whether u're a good owner or not, as long as u can afford, and spca should be the shelter for these poor animals bought from the pet shop but being uncared for...feel free to give ur opinion, i am not familiar with the function of this animal shelter so there's a possibility that i might have given an understatement, correct me if i'm wrong

hianhow_ng
New User

Dec 26, 2006, 6:29 AM

Post #10 of 28 (13054 views)
Shortcut

I may come too late. is the black pug still available?

crumb
Novice

Dec 26, 2006, 6:35 PM

Post #11 of 28 (13048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [seacean] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

i agree with you to a certain extent. i mean charging Rm200 bucks to Rm350 bucks for a dog they picked up and nurse it back to health can still be considered acceptable, But rm1000 is over board. If we compare prices from paws and spca, paws only charge a flat rate of rm80 a dog if i am not mistaken, and they really feed their dogs there with dry food whereas spca feeds their dogs with chicken neck and rice. If one goes to paws, you will feel more comfortable being there than being to spca as that place looks so shady and unkept except for the office that are air-condition and have nice furniture. Even the people in spca does not really care for the dogs. So i am wondering if the money that they collect from adopters and donation, really does goes to the dogs or to someone else?

qingleng
Dog Kichi

Jan 14, 2007, 5:36 AM

Post #12 of 28 (12933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crumb] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

totally agree with you Tongue

lover
New User

Dec 31, 2008, 7:53 AM

Post #13 of 28 (11016 views)
Shortcut

huh?rm1000? do u mean to sale it?

lwin_ng
New User

Apr 10, 2009, 5:39 AM

Post #14 of 28 (10356 views)
Shortcut

Hello, you are asking for an unreasonable statement over here. Adoption fees is ridiculous high and i found out your shelter is absurd. Please keep your pug with you and let it be your pets then.

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 12, 2009, 9:45 AM

Post #15 of 28 (10301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lwin_ng] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

welcome to the club... you are not the only person who finds SPCA ridiculous... hahah..... Frown

A dog is a man's most loyal friend.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 13, 2009, 7:17 PM

Post #16 of 28 (10263 views)
Shortcut

well..i dun agree..1000 ringgit..who will adopt?somemore nowadays dog very cheap edi..300 can get daschund..vaccinated with microchip...hais..somemore SPCA rite..the condition is bad la..as u know..spca is quite well-know for animal shelter..many ppl donated money..but the condition still no change..u see ar..pug 500 can get..with microchip n caccinated..then nueter oni cost like 200 or lesser..total oso no need 1000 la...sommore economy so bad..no ppl willing to pay one..

btw..u know rite..petsmore @ OUG got black poodle for sale..around 6 months i think..oni 800++Unsure

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 13, 2009, 7:22 PM

Post #17 of 28 (10259 views)
Shortcut
Re: [seacean] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi blubrd, i dun agree with what u've said, u see for pet shops they breed the puppies themselves and they are doing this for commercial purposes, so of course they would sell it at a higher price, but for spca, it's supposed to be a shelter for unwanted, abused and homeless animals, their sole purpose should be for the animals there to get a good home, not to "collect" them from the back streets and sell them, recently i called to spca becoz i was interested in getting this shizu mix from there if i'm not mistaken, they told me if i were to adopt any puppies there, i had to pay at least rm200 and onwards for them, i was utterly shocked, i mean not as if u wanted to sell the animals...u're trying to keep them until u could find a good home for them, i do agree that they do need the money to help more animals there, but trust me, rm1000 or rm2000 is just unreasonable, the centre should think of others who are not from ampang (the high-end area) and dog lovers are not solely from ampang, there are still other animal lovers out there who would love to help these helpless and poor animals by giving them a good home, but could not afford to becoz the price is just too high, unless spca bought the pug from the breeder and wanted to sell him to raise money, but again this has conflicted with the purpose of having this animal shelter, am i right? there should not be any business interest in a centre like this. i know, u may think that if they could not get the money from selling the dog, they would not be able to help the poor animals be it from the shelter or outside the shelter, trust me, if nobody gets the dog from u u wouldn't be able to keep new ones there anyway becoz u have limited space, i am saddened by the fact that some animals are even put to sleep due to the limitation of space, so instead of pricing these animals at an unaffordable price, try to encourage the public to buy with a minimum amount of money, so that u can have more space to accomodate new-comers, and if u guys didn't know, the spca in melaka is giving away their doggies for rm90, no matter what breed, see what i'm trying to say? do not compare spca with a pet shop outside becoz the purpose is totally different, pet shops are selling u the animals without caring whether u're a good owner or not, as long as u can afford, and spca should be the shelter for these poor animals bought from the pet shop but being uncared for...feel free to give ur opinion, i am not familiar with the function of this animal shelter so there's a possibility that i might have given an understatement, correct me if i'm wrong

yup! SPCA feed those 'not-so-good' food..somemore very dirty..once u go in got strong smells of pee..paws is different..feed kibbles..every dog got clean cage n the enviroment oso cleaner..

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 16, 2009, 3:01 AM

Post #18 of 28 (10199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

eh.. eh... better not talk bad of SPCA so much leh... if not will end up like me.... kena tembak upside down by SPCA Lovers lehh.....

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 17, 2009, 11:39 PM

Post #19 of 28 (10127 views)
Shortcut
Re: black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL... long time never log in... the adoption fee become so high edy... o.O am i outdated...??

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 12:16 AM

Post #20 of 28 (10096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khengteik] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

cheh..we berterus-terang oni mah..somemore is sctually truth wat..no need to scared one..Tonguesomemore u think ah..soooooo many ppl donated money for SPCA..somemore they got set up booth at lot of dog show..sure got ppl donate there oso wat..but i dun see any different between 'no money' n 'after received money' woh?

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 12:24 AM

Post #21 of 28 (10095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

hehe..maybe?Tonguebtw..they charge so high is becoz of the vaccination n neutering n treatment stuff..but..u see ar..the dog in spca shd be up for adoption..so i think the price shd be like paws..11 for 80..but nvm la..charge 200 lah..coz PEDIGREE wat~~so 200+150(spaying for doggie in spca by their ow vet shd be around 100)then the treatment charge 500 lah..(too much??Laugh)then total oso not over 1000 wat..ok..n vaccination..i think it would be very cheap coz the dog from spca is definitely cheaper coz is done by their own vet..Winkso..got 1000 meh?

khengteik
ALPHA

Apr 19, 2009, 1:12 AM

Post #22 of 28 (10093 views)
Shortcut

Check out their new website.... There are quite a number of big digits that are being channeled to SPCA throughout the year... I'm no accountant... that is why i'm curious on where the money that are being sponsored by big companies go to?

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 1:54 AM

Post #23 of 28 (10090 views)
Shortcut

got... got 1000 one... including the time spend on taking care of the dog..?? o.O they sure have their own reason on setting the prices... oops.. i should say it's fee not price...

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 5:04 AM

Post #24 of 28 (10081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veanne] black pug for adoption at SPCA [In reply to] Can't Post

haha..got..got..they jaga the dog by putting it in the cage lor..then we got visitor come muz introduce to them mah..from the 'air cond' office walk to the cage sure need energy mah..somaybe..1 step they charge 10 cent?Frownbtw..the time they spent not counted la..coz they got ambil gaji wat~~Frown

Veanne
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2009, 5:28 AM

Post #25 of 28 (10076 views)
Shortcut

LOL... not 10 cent ler.. 10 cent how to accumulated till it's RM1000... RM1.00 sound reasonable... o.O

LOL... talking craps here

~L0v3 SHIRO 4 EveR~

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my