Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog

lynchiam
Novice

Jul 15, 2005, 10:21 PM

Post #1 of 18 (4655 views)
Shortcut
Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog Can't Post

Hi,

I am from Johor Bahru. I'm keen to adopt a toy breed dog (preferably a male one). Have checked the SPCA JB's website but those up for adoption seems pretty dated (the last one I saw was advertised at 2002). Do let me know if there is any toy breed dogs for adoption in Johor Bahru. I will be going up to KL in early August..so for those who are keen on rehoming their dogs then, it will also be viable option to consider dogs from KL during that period.

Thanks a lot for your kind attention.

Cheers,

Lyn

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Jul 16, 2005, 6:25 AM

Post #2 of 18 (4631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynchiam] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out the SPCA Selangor website. The "Adoptable Pets" section is updated regularly - www spca org my

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

lynchiam
Novice

Jul 16, 2005, 8:59 AM

Post #3 of 18 (4617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gus-Gus,

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if the SPCA Selangor allow adopters from JB to adopt their dogs? Just wondering cause I doubt they allow ppl from JB to adopt Selangor dogs. From my understanding form their website that do check owners place before they allow them to adopt right? If that's the case, I doubt they will allow me to adopt cause don't think they will want to come all the way to JB to inspect my house. Would be good if someone can advise on this.

Find it quite hard to adopt toy breed dogs in JB and am really thinking of purchasing already although I know that a lot of ppl from forums discourage others from buying and would prefer them adopting dogs that have been abandoned by their owners. Anyway, thanks a lot for your kind thoughts Gus-Gus.

kegy
Novice

Jul 18, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #4 of 18 (4585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynchiam] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

As for your concern wether they allow or not its very subjective. I do know they do sometimes. It all depends how good your are as an owner of the dog. I ve seen they allow ppl to adopt it.

As the dog you required, toy dog. There are very limited. Not much choices. Currently there is toy dog like maltese and poddle mix for adoption. A pure scottish terrier also. Do go there to check it out. But u only come in August. SO gd luck !

lynchiam
Novice

Jul 18, 2005, 11:55 PM

Post #5 of 18 (4579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kegy] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kegy,

Thanks for the info. :)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 7:31 AM

Post #6 of 18 (4568 views)
Shortcut

lynnchiam

well, not every adopter's place they will inspect according to my knowledge. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

marycatz
Novice

Jul 20, 2005, 11:31 PM

Post #7 of 18 (4520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there.. so glad to hear that u want to adopt a dog. Anyway there are many choices here in SPCA selangor. Pls check us out at www.spca.org.my or if u want to know more, please call SPCA at 03-4256-5312 or 4253-5179.

Good luck with the adoption. Smile

lynchiam
Novice

Jul 21, 2005, 7:46 AM

Post #8 of 18 (4505 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marycatz] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Thanks for the contact number. Smile

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 21, 2005, 10:16 PM

Post #9 of 18 (4469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marycatz] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

marycatz

u r a volunteer of SPCA? Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

marycatz
Novice

Jul 22, 2005, 8:47 PM

Post #10 of 18 (4428 views)
Shortcut

Yes Leecy, i am. I volunteer for the designing, development and maintenance of the website. Since i know a little bit about the organisation, sometimes i help to answer the question regarding SPCA here. Wink

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 23, 2005, 8:50 AM

Post #11 of 18 (4409 views)
Shortcut

marycatz

hmm... do u attend the meeting of animal rescuers months ago? If u were there u should know me.. anyway juz asking. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

darenong
Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2005, 2:44 AM

Post #12 of 18 (4250 views)
Shortcut

wow .. great to have one that works for spca is here ... cos ive been dying to ask this questions .....

if u dont mind can u tell me what really happen to the deceased dogs ??????? r they buried ????? or ??????????? FrownFrownFrown

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

marycatz
Novice

Aug 5, 2005, 6:37 PM

Post #13 of 18 (4199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darenong] Looking to adopt small/toy breed puppy/dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Darenong. Tq for ur concerns. These dogs will have a proper burial and every year SPCA will organize an "International Homeless Animal Day" to pay homage to all the cats and dogs that were tragically killed due to pet overpopulation. This year it will be held on 21st August 2005. Pls check www.spca.org.my for more information. Tq. Smile

In Reply To
wow .. great to have one that works for spca is here ... cos ive been dying to ask this questions .....

if u dont mind can u tell me what really happen to the deceased dogs ??????? r they buried ????? or ???????????

marycatz
Novice

Aug 5, 2005, 6:47 PM

Post #14 of 18 (4197 views)
Shortcut

Hello everyone. There r more small breed dogs for adoption at SPCA at this time around. Pls check www.spca.org.my for more information. For all Adoption enquiries, please call SPCA at 03-4256-5312 or 4253-5179 or email them at spca@streamyx.com.

darenong
Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2005, 7:08 PM

Post #15 of 18 (4191 views)
Shortcut

wow so many mix toy breed this time .... if not mistaken i see a poddle mix lhasa apso or shih tzu ..
i think this website is 'not public enough' www.spca.org.my

im hoping someone with super intelligent brain can come out with bright ideas ...

oh .. the insensitive, immature, talk-with-no-brain need not apply ... lol jk

-ud love me when im mean n angry, cos from then on ull ignore me for the rest of ur life and call me devil lol personal experience

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 25, 2005, 1:45 AM

Post #16 of 18 (3897 views)
Shortcut

marycatz

hmm... do u attend the meeting of animal rescuers months ago? If u were there u should know me.. anyway juz asking. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

marycatz
Novice

Oct 25, 2005, 2:41 AM

Post #17 of 18 (3883 views)
Shortcut

hello leecy. I'm so sorry. I didn't attend the meeting. But hey, no worries. The next time you heard or you see any1 by the name Mary? That's might be me. Nice knowing fellow animal lovers here. Wink you have a nice day, ok.

cerena98
Novice

Nov 9, 2005, 5:44 PM

Post #18 of 18 (3773 views)
Shortcut
[marycatz] Need help to look out for lost male silky terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mary

I'm not sure if its appropriate to post the notice here. I am appealing for your help to keep a lookout for my sister’s boyfriend’s male silky terrier, Ray, who went missing on 22nd October 2005 past midnight from his house at Jalan Bandar Utama 11/7 Petaling Jaya. They have tried searching for him but to no avail. They are running out of ideas on how to find Ray and I thought it may help if more people are on the lookout for Ray and in any case some kind sould send Ray to SPCA.

My sis and her bf are very anxious for his return and miss him very much. They believe he could have been stolen/led out of the house as Ray never goes out of the house compound even though he is given the freedom to roam freely within the house compound since my sis’s bf don’t lock him up in cage. Ray is a very cute pure silky terrier with microchip from Australian breed parents. He’s now 2 years old plus. As I do not have his latest pics, I have attached herewith a pic of him taken sometime back (note that his fur is shorter now since he just had trimming before he got lost). Ray responds to his name when you call him Ray or Ray Ray. He loves to run round and round around when he’s active and happy. He is a very affectionate dog that loves to lick as well. Even Bobo, Ray’s playing mate misses him dearly. Mary, if you or anyone who has seen Ray or has lead on Ray's whereabout, pls call Mr Chin at 013-3998058. Thank you.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my