Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang

marycatz
Novice

May 7, 2005, 10:21 PM

Post #1 of 21 (3525 views)
Shortcut
Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang Can't Post

Pls adopt these cute dogs. They need you. For all Adoption enquiries, please call SPCA at 03-4256-5312 or 4253-5179. For more details, pls go to www.spca.org.my

ireneliew25
Dog Kichi

May 10, 2005, 6:29 AM

Post #2 of 21 (3480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marycatz] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...im really interest with the small dog.i like the first picture.im from sarawak and working at here.whats the procedure if i want to adopt the dog.may i know hows old the dog?is the small breed dog?im live in small apartment and cant have a big or med dogs.its not suitable.

hweeyee
Novice

May 15, 2005, 9:57 AM

Post #3 of 21 (3362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ireneliew25] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi irene, im one of the volunteers in the SPCA. As for the first picture, which is a pug is indeed a small breed. but the dog now is currently not up for adoption yet cos its a lost dog and it has some skin problem on the paw. But if you are really interested, you can call SPCA and ask them personally. That dog is reallly a very cute and friendly dog. The procedures are quite easy for locals but im not quite sure about in sarawak. normally you have to pay from RM200-RM800 depending on the breed of dog which is a very reasonable price. It includes 1 time vaccination and spaying/neutering of the dog. U might want to consider the the other brown dog in the cage lying down. its a mix chihuahua and daschund.. really really cute and playful..

Hope it helps!

ireneliew25
Dog Kichi

May 15, 2005, 11:20 PM

Post #4 of 21 (3337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hweeyee] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi yee,im really interested with your mix chihuahua.hows the procedure for adoption.u see,im staying at small apartment.can u predict how big does the mix chihuahua.im looking for small breed dogs.how much the weight will be if the mix chihuahua?3-6kg?im sarawakian and currently working at kl.can the dog follow me back to sarawak?how much the price?

hweeyee
Novice

May 16, 2005, 12:29 AM

Post #5 of 21 (3336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ireneliew25] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, if you are really interested u better call spca up to "book" just in case someone might have adopted it la cos its somehow a good breed too. the size is extremely small lar.. so its perfect for apartments and condos and also it is definitely lighter than 6kg. The normal procedure of adoption is to go there, and they will ask u a few questions and maybe might check ur apartment to see if it is puppy proof or not then u can bring the pooch back! Of course u can bring the dog back to sarawak as long as u have the proper documentation for it. As for that i do not know much but u can always refer to the SPCA. BE FAST!!

call SPCA for Chelvy:03-42565312/ 03-42535179

janthk
Canine Addict

May 20, 2005, 1:18 AM

Post #6 of 21 (3272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hweeyee] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

If I am not mistaken, I dont think the SPCA will allow you to adopt a dog if you are living in an apartment. I am interested in adopting a dog too and when I called them, they say that they will not allow people who stay in an apartment to adopt a dog.

Correct me if I am wrong....

Shinya

May 20, 2005, 2:19 AM

Post #7 of 21 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

Tht is not fair~ T.T Some how living in a partment or a condo still can provide pups and dogs a good home~ Everyone agree tht~

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

hweeyee
Novice

May 21, 2005, 3:59 AM

Post #8 of 21 (3225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

as for that, if you provide good reasons and approval from neighbours and security, it shouldnt be a problem. You know thats the thing with staying in this multi racial country lah..everybody have to tolerate n be patient about everybody *konon lah* heheh.. but if u r really interested and ur condo allows u to have a small dog, u can try going there. Last time there is this lady she adopted a dog from spca as well..summore her condo doesnt even allow dogs to be kept there..but she pandai pandai and everyone loves her dog la so it turns out okay also.. u can try!

Shinya

May 21, 2005, 8:39 AM

Post #9 of 21 (3221 views)
Shortcut

o.O oic~ but currently i am owning a shih tzu~ and live in condo~ I guess SPCA won't let a person own the 2nd dog and live in condo right? hahahaha

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 24, 2005, 8:31 AM

Post #10 of 21 (3176 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

I think the dog in the 2nd pic is a minpin and not a chi hua hua mix with a daschund lar. Looks like a minpin at the size of 6 kg even.

Hope that he/she will get a good home soon. Great job u guys are doing.

cheers,
minglmy

ireneliew25
Dog Kichi

May 25, 2005, 7:21 AM

Post #11 of 21 (3126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi minglmy,i got a 3 mnth old mix min pin with dashcund.just adoption from previous owner.can u tell me what does the age of min pin will stop growning?hows tall the min pin will be?hows to maintain in small size?sorry if i asked too much question.i stay in small apartment and cant have any medium or big breed dog.

now,the puppy are 3.7kg(3mnth).

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

May 25, 2005, 6:56 PM

Post #12 of 21 (3105 views)
Shortcut

Dogs especially the small & med size will stops growing at abt 8 months of age or so depending on the puppy itself.As yours is not a purebreed minpin therefore the size will definitely be bigger depending on the genes how strong is the dashund genes in the pup.

Mix breed at times are hard to gauge their growth ler. Even purebreed also same thing some can be bigger in size and some can be smaller. Food plays a part too.

cheers,
minglmy

dannysao
Dog Kichi

Jun 16, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #13 of 21 (2856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

SPCA

Can I know if the first pic still available for adoption?

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2005, 4:12 AM

Post #14 of 21 (2835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dannysao] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

if not mistaken i think the pug alreadi been adopted .. why not check at http://www.spca.org.my

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Jun 17, 2005, 5:42 AM

Post #15 of 21 (2830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Tht is not fair~ T.T Some how living in a partment or a condo still can provide pups and dogs a good home~ Everyone agree tht~

SPCA is not keen to let ppl living in condos adopt puppies/ dogs in case the condo management does not allow pets. Almost all condos do not allow residents to keep pets but some condos will turn a blind eye if there are no complaints from the neighbours.

However, if there are complaints, the management will have no choice but to enforce the "no-dog" rule. Sometimes there may be only one irresponsible dog owner but if there are enough complaints the management cannot ignore them and ALL dogs get affected by the clamp down.

In a situation like that, it is easier for some ppl to let go their dogs rather than move to a new home. Then the poor dog ends up back at the SPCA and the SPCA has to find another home for the dog all over again. Better to find it a permanant home once and for all rather than take the risk of the dog being sent back. It's very emotionally distressing for dogs when they get sent to the SPCA or any animal welfare home. Older dogs are harder to rehome too.

I hope you understand that the SPCA is not saying that ppl who live in condos are unfit in some way to be dog owners but rather that the situation in a condo is not as stable as for a dog living in a house. The SPCA's first priority is the dog.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

eunicelai82

Jun 17, 2005, 7:29 PM

Post #16 of 21 (2809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dannysao] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

pls check adoption forum..there have pug for adopt...oso given hp num.. quikly if u want..

under tittled:wanna adopt small breed long coat dog...

dannysao
Dog Kichi

Jun 17, 2005, 8:00 PM

Post #17 of 21 (2803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eunicelai82] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw that, but i wanted with no or min fur, like minin pincher..and small size..max 12 " long.got 4 yrs old child at home.

eunicelai82

Jun 18, 2005, 4:26 AM

Post #18 of 21 (2776 views)
Shortcut

oh...ok... i will help u have a look,if have any will reply u,ok?

Princess Coco
Novice

Jun 18, 2005, 6:11 AM

Post #19 of 21 (2768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eunicelai82] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

hi can help to look for me too? i don't mind the fur as long as it's not pug and it must be small like a cat. thanks in adv

eunicelai82

Jun 18, 2005, 6:06 PM

Post #20 of 21 (2751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Princess Coco] Small Dogs for adoption 2/5/2005 at SPCA Ampang [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha..okay.. i will help u have a look too..but i know u will faster than me because u very hardworking search this forum.. hope u get your dream dog too.. pls quickly call chrisong get first ppl for dog viewing lar.. quick..dun let other ppl cut Q..

have a nice day!

Princess Coco
Novice

Jun 18, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #21 of 21 (2748 views)
Shortcut

tq for the encouragement. if got the furkids we will take care of them like family members. really hoping chris will give to us.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my