Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: Dogs for Adoption at SPCA:
Re: Pure Breed Puppy in SPCA Malacca (Regarding SPCA Malacca)

asmly
Novice

Oct 28, 2004, 2:15 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3391 views)
Shortcut
Re: Pure Breed Puppy in SPCA Malacca (Regarding SPCA Malacca) Can't Post

Yep. SPCA Malacca is closing down, and indeed the owner wants the land back. Unsure

The owner "borrowed" the land to the SPCA for 10 years, FOC. But for some reason (financial), the owner wants the land back I think she is going to sell that plot of land.

The SPCA Malacca just built a new fence and extends the area for the dogs to run around, just couple months back. It took some hard work to gather that much money to extend the area, but it only lasted for couple months when the organization received the news about the land.

Couple weeks ago, the state government of Malacca has allocated 1 acre plus of land for the organization. It is a good sign, but the foundation is very insufficient of funds, estimated funds needed to rebuild the shelter will cost at least RM 1 million.

The SPCA Malacca has lunched a fund raising campaign in hope that they will have enough funds to rebuild the shelter before ending the term with is very close now. Currently there are 100+ dogs, I think about 80+ cats, a goat, some rabbits in the shelter. The condition is rather bad due to financial constrain. Well they had did their very best with the limited funds and able to sustain the organization for so many years.

Therefore, I really hope the public could give a hand to the organization to rebuild and relocate the new shelter. If you need more information regarding SPCA (Malacca), you can contact me (012 2273316, Smith) but after 7pm please.
And for your information, yes there is somebody who runs the fund raising campaign in Multimedia University (Malacca), which is the Care Club.

There are as many as 10 animals which are taken into the SPCA shelter in Malacca, everyday. Unfortunately, the shelter could not accommodate them and the organization has to put them to sleep. It is a continuous cycle, everyday. Without the help from the public and you, the organization won’t last long enough for the future generation. One day, when your children asked you “Daddy can I go to the animal shelter and adopt a cute doggie?” what will you tell them? The shelter will never exist without your help.

P/s: If I'm free, I'll post some pictures on the dogs from the shelter. And ofcourse, they are for adoption Wink

joanch
Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2004, 11:07 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [asmly] Pure Breed Puppy in SPCA Malacca (Regarding SPCA Malacca) [In reply to] Can't Post

oh finally someone from SPCA melaka!:-)
i am from MMU. i was planning to adopt a dog from spca mlk but not enough information, anyway i bought a puppy.
and i would like to help those animals in spca mlk, can you tell me the location and what can the public do other than the donation?
I have a Papillon and an Australian Silky Terrier. One sheds and the other one needs grooming quite a lot

yui
Novice

Nov 3, 2004, 9:56 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joanch] Pure Breed Puppy in SPCA Malacca (Regarding SPCA Malacca) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Is this the Melaka SPCA thread? I'm from MMU as well and a couple of friends and I want to visit the SPCA in Melaka. We've heard that it'll be moving ... is SPCA Melaka still at the following address?

Lot 1115, Lorong Kepten Nekmat,
Km 5, Jalan Semabok,
Semabok, 75150 Melaka, Malaysia.

Thanks

~

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2004, 4:28 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yui] Pure Breed Puppy in SPCA Malacca (Regarding SPCA Malacca) [In reply to] Can't Post

hey yui, im from mmu too. do you want to help spca or adopt any dogs? why do you want to go there?
i dont have car so i just wanna ask if we can go together?
this is my number 0126769993 and im in FIST ISE
I have a Papillon and an Australian Silky Terrier. One sheds and the other one needs grooming quite a lot

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my