need pure breeds for adoption.

joejoe
Novice

May 6, 2004, 10:10 PM

Post #1 of 11 (2421 views)
Shortcut
need pure breeds for adoption. Can't Post

Hi All,Blush

Can anyone contact me if there is any pure breeds available for adoption.Pls....019-6445411.(Joe)Unsure

Donn
Novice

Jun 2, 2004, 8:04 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joejoe] need pure breeds for adoption. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Call the SPCA - 42565312 or just go there - Jalan Kerja Ayer Lama - there's a male Golden Retriever, a couple of female Laboradors and other breeds as well - just was there over the weekend. PAWS - last time I saw had a black Cocker Spaniel - you may wanna check that out too.

I also know someone who has a male 4 year old Golden - no time for the dog and he may be moving to an aprtment - thing is, he wants to sell the dog. Would you be interested? And would you be willing to pay? He's asking an exorbitant RM1,400 which I told him is not possible. If you are interested, let me know how much you'd be willing to pay and I'll try to speak with him.

Zoe
Novice

Jun 2, 2004, 9:14 PM

Post #3 of 11 (2341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Donn] need pure breeds for adoption. [In reply to] Can't Post

Rumour has it that the "old boy" retirever has been adopted. He is waiting to be "eunuch"ized before the family can take him home. Wink Poor boy! Dun think he know what's coming yet. But sadly, since he has been there for a month, it is either this and inheriting a family OR being put to sleep if no one takes him. Apparently, he is about 8 yrs old.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jul 15, 2004, 6:04 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2148 views)
Shortcut

hello there,

i know the post is a bit old..but is there a GR, possibly puppy so can train for adoption? is the 4 yrs old still available?

Donn
Novice

Jul 15, 2004, 8:26 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] need pure breeds for adoption. [In reply to] Can't Post

Right now I am VERY peeved with the situation with this 4 yr old GR. The dog was kept in such unhygenic surroundings (a small backyard with rubbish and mud with hardly any grass where he peed, did his business, played, slept, etc.) since he was a four month old pup till now - 13 months - he's been taken for a walk only twice in his life - and now that dog has developed a fungal infection! The owner decided to give the dog to an old man who's a friend of a friend and now this person has decided (in two weeks) that he cannot handle the dog chewing slippers and plants and cannot stand the smell of the dog - so the dog's chained far from them!

I've asked for the name of the vet who treated the dog for this fungal infection to find out what it is. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I HATE to think this dog is with/being passed on to people who are too busy for him and too occupied to see this as priority and quickly do the right thing to ensure his proper welfare.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jul 15, 2004, 8:55 PM

Post #6 of 11 (2137 views)
Shortcut

that is sad..very irresponsible of the owner..

so right now the dog is still with the old man or the vet? where is his location anyway?

Donn
Novice

Jul 15, 2004, 9:06 PM

Post #7 of 11 (2136 views)
Shortcut

Dog is still with the old man in Johor. Told the owner to bring him back and turn him over to me. Need to find out info on fungal inection first through.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jul 15, 2004, 10:03 PM

Post #8 of 11 (2131 views)
Shortcut

well i do want to see the dog.spoke to my partner, he is willing to consider. is he still selling the dog or now the adoption is for free? IF he still or you still want to give up the GR lah. I read somewhere you lost your GR right? if so, this must be really sad.

keep in touch, I am very very interested to know the condition of this dog. if he make it, he should have about 10 years more to his life. and he should not suffer

Donn
Novice

Jul 16, 2004, 6:46 PM

Post #9 of 11 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Spoke to a couple of other vets and the SPCA vet - fungal infections can sometimes be a life-long battle, and can cost a lot in medication. The vets say that depending on what kind of fungal infection it is and how advanced it is, in some cases, the dog won't make it. That's why I am very worried and concerned cos time is of essence. A breeder who saw the dog told me that the infection was probably caused because of the dogs unhygenic surroundings.If that is so, then it's sad cos this infection could have been avoided really.

I do not want to keep a dog yet.Am not ready. But I do want to help this dog, but to be fair to anyone who takes the dog, all the facts should be known - the most important thing now is to know from a vet who has treated the dog exaclty what the infection is, how long and how much it will take/cost to treat and whether it is contagious (cos then potential owners with other pets may put others at risk too).

Of course, the chewing and being destructive is because he's till a pup at 13 months, plus as all informed dog people know, it is a sign of stress, boredom and anxiety. Because of these indications and the dog's background, whoever takes him needs to have dog training experience and be very patient and devote lots of time - at least initially. I am also concerned about changing owners and environment, because like kids, I have seen dogs who have been passed around and the effect is has on them.A lot of behavioral problems arise and people will think it's the dog's fault, but actually it's because of all these contributing factors.

The owner has not quite decided what to do yet and as much as I am very anxious about the dog, I can only advise and wait for him to take action and make his decisions then let me know.

Zoe
Novice

Jul 23, 2004, 1:52 AM

Post #10 of 11 (1962 views)
Shortcut

Hi Donn

Nice to see you here. Remember me? Called you rgding yr dog? My adopted dog is doing well except for a skin infection.

See that you are still on your mission to help other dogs. All the best. I hope this dog will get a better owner soon. He deserves a better life.

Donn
Novice

Jul 23, 2004, 7:30 PM

Post #11 of 11 (1940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zoe] need pure breeds for adoption. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ya! Yes I remember - you're the sweetie who could not ignore her concsiecnce and wanted to do the right thing, which I really thought was very commendable. I still haven't heard from the owner of this dog though. Lets all hope for the best for the dog.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my