Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 8:01 AM

Post #1 of 331 (6958 views)
Shortcut
Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! Can't Post

Ainey,uncle yip,jo and all good friends of mine.

Since it's holiday and i'm so very free to go down to SPCA almost every single day.....today i've received the best news EVER for the past two months ( i think).
ANGEL'S ADOPTED!!!!! YAYYYYYYYY...so happy that i nearly cried.Actually i cried too because my contact lenses were making too much problems.I was at the SPCA from morning today and was wondering where has angel gone to?and when i came back after lunch a nice looking lady was holding angel.So i asked whether she was fostering she said no,i just adopted her ... MUAHAHAHAHa and she said angel was such a sweetie (of course!) I was really honestly happy for angel.When angel went out from spca. i was saying Dont come bacK!! I don't wanna see u again in spca!! :P

Second news cater to those spca goers and fans and volunteers and who ever who's interested to read!
16 Pure breeds were brought into spca on wednesday night out of which there were:
1)2 brown boxers (look something like Johnson @ SPCA)
2) 1 lovable rottweiler (tame)
3)4-5 Alsations (some are v fierce bcos they were abused cos u can't blame them for that)
4)8 Labradors (all are very very very loving!)
I was there on Thursday morning(skipped french because i just have that feeling that i HAD to be there!).Once i reached spca, i was so shocked to see so many LRs around the compound.It was then only i know from Sabrina that the 16 abused dogs came in TOGETHER(obviously they're dog-napped dogs) and u'll definitely cry if u guys were at the SPCA.Mother/Queen ticks infesting their entire head,paws,ears and everywhere.They were all bathed with Tickwash and when i was using forcep to pick those unreachable one, the LR that i was doing kept shaking his body and ticks were flying everywhere!! including flying over to my head!!thankfully the ticks were halfpast dead thus it was an easy task for me to take them off..from my head.these 16 dogs are now under court case and will be goingto the court for hearing ( yes, u read that correctly) and i'm following and crossing my fingers that whoever who did this to those dogs goes to jail and get fined a million bucks hahahahahahahaha...

Okay that's all for today.Will update soon.Took some pics of some dogs too will scan and send :)

Oops can't believe i forgotten this.Guys out there,if u're looking for a puppy as a companion please consider little Paco.He's a X breed.Black in color.Really tame only about 4 months or more or lesser n...he has only one ear.Another one got "chopped" off by some stupid bastards.Not sure whether they found out who did that but he can still hear and he's realy really nice but afraid of human beings.He must be thinking that we want to do the same thing like what that bastard did to him that's why he's really afraid of us human beings.If u see Paco u'll defintrely have ur heart broken badly because he looks so scared and all..He's in the medical ward btw.

(This post was edited by paulynn on Dec 16, 2003, 8:04 AM)

JolinG
Doggyman

Dec 16, 2003, 8:18 AM

Post #2 of 331 (6951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulynn] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

eh im so happy angel got adopted!!

where were those doggies from?..puppy mill arh?...aiyoh......SO many purebreed al lfrom the same place?CrazyUnsure why larrr...ticks everywhere?........terrible!........were they malnourished as well? seriously court case arh the fella?........serve him right lar Tongue

hope lil paco gets adopted...y the fella so mean go chop of the ear......aiyohhhhhhh...read also my bulu naik! terribleFrownFrownMad

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 8:23 AM

Post #3 of 331 (6950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

wow u're always my first reader...u're such a sweetie :)

yes we're all so very happy that angels' adopted.She came by today to get some medicine for her eyes.What's puppy mill?? Sabrina took some pics and apparently i think the dogs came from a warehouse sort of place.Yes the alsations were terribly malnourished.Many LRs has scars here there everywhere.so skinny.U read till your bulu naik.U should've come and help pick out the ticks.That's even worse than thinking about it.I had some nightmares for hte first few nights.couldn't sleep.All i'd think of was the mountain full of ticks!Even their ears smells!! Ears are not cleaned properly so the wax and some ticks are terrorising the ears!'

Tell me about it.I have no idea why the F&&)#%Q chopped of paco's ears.Yes court case.I'm attending with some volunteers who were here today.Am going to be translator too since they are british and don't understand malay.

fweeyi
Dog Kichi

Dec 16, 2003, 9:16 AM

Post #4 of 331 (6947 views)
Shortcut

hmm i wanted to get a labrodor to accompany my little beagle.. :)

is the labrador pure breed?puppy or?

+ I Like to Sleep Like a Lamb~!!!+

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 10:04 AM

Post #5 of 331 (6944 views)
Shortcut

hi paulynn,

i was at spca last sunday and din see angel... so i asked a staff and was told that angel's adopted... great news... she managed to find herself a good home... Angelic

and was i shocked to see so many GSDs and Labs there! all so skinny and most are smaller than the standard size... yes, malnourished is the word... Unimpressed now i know their story... u going to court huh? kepoh nya u... Tongue

also, there are a few dalmations (some adopted), one dobermann (adopted), one ckcs, i think (adopted)... just so many dogs! Shocked

u know what? last sunday's trip to spca was a sad one compared to my previous visits... maybe last time i did not have my own dog yet... but now after having sookie and knowing that all the dogs there deserve much much more than that... it was really heart breaking... Frown

Unsure
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

JolinG
Doggyman

Dec 16, 2003, 10:36 AM

Post #6 of 331 (6942 views)
Shortcut

wat i mean puppy mill was are those doggies that came in from there?.......so many dogs...so i assume they breed them lar get puppies for profit sake or something!!

wah GO court!!!........really keypoh lar..ahaha but at least ur helping lar!!.......
im too lasy to help Tongue i can imagine the smell of the ear wax n all the ticks.......they look like grapes rite?........ahhaha.......i love squashing those fat ticks! hope some ppl will adopt them lar....those gsd are feirce huh........u guys gonna put them to sleep or wat?

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 1:05 PM

Post #7 of 331 (6940 views)
Shortcut

wah!! good good!!!! so happy for Angel!!!! LaughLaughLaughLaugh

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

ashley
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 8:09 PM

Post #8 of 331 (6931 views)
Shortcut

Y they do like that do Paco, poor paco...Unsure
I donow y some human can do this to animal. Hope Paco can get well soon.

Since SPCA got so many doggie hope people who wan adopted dog can consider them. Let them have a good home.
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 16, 2003, 8:31 PM

Post #9 of 331 (6926 views)
Shortcut

this is a real great news for Angel then...hope the owner will treat Angel like we treat our furkids....

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

shlee
Doggyman

Dec 16, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #10 of 331 (6923 views)
Shortcut

Oh no...how could human be so cruel to little doggie? I sayang my dogs so much and really can't believe that there are several dogs are so poor and being abused like that!!!!!!!! I'm already feeling heart broken when reading your message. I can't imagine how would i react if i went there and met all those poor doggie!!!!!

One of my lovely dogs is stolen one month ago. She is a mixed terrier. I really wish that she is lucky to meet a new owner, who sayang her very much like what i do to her. Plssssssssss, dun let any bad thing happened to her...i really wish to get her back, i miss her so much...sob sob...

I always wish to pay a vist to SPCA, but it is quite far coz i'm staying in Puchong. Some more i don't have own transportation. Anyway, i used to go there 2 times before and all the dogs there looked very loving and adorable. But i couldn't adopt any one of them, becoz i already got a lot of dogs in my house Smile

Wish all the dogs there can be adopted by a loving master as soon as possible, just like Angel. Cool

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Dec 17, 2003, 7:02 PM

Post #11 of 331 (6892 views)
Shortcut

Stupid sickening idiot who chopped Paco's ear!! That person should burn in hell! I can imagine why he's so terrified of humans. Poor thing!Frown

Anyway, keep us updated on the case you were talking about. The people who mistreated those dogs should not only be fined but I think they should be whipped as well!! Or maybe have those ticks collected and put in their ears and let them feel what those poor dogs are feeling. Mad

maykew
Novice

Dec 17, 2003, 11:48 PM

Post #12 of 331 (6857 views)
Shortcut

My heart ached when I read your mail regarding abused dogs and Lil Paco's ear. Why would humans do such things to animals? Why abuse them? The f**king bastard that stole the dogs ought to be put in jail and sentenced to life imprisonment. I may sound cruel...but animals are such helpless creatures. Why steal them and starve them? I hope he gets what he deserves. And Paulynn, after reading your mail, I salute you cos picking ticks is not an easy job. Luckily those dogs are all short haired. I'm a dog lover, and I will pay SPCA a visit soon. Update all of us about the court case. Kudos to Paulynn.

Gins
Dog Kichi

Dec 18, 2003, 12:50 AM

Post #13 of 331 (6847 views)
Shortcut

Good job, girl.... keep up the good work. I am so glad that Angel is finally adopted.Smile and on the same note, I am so disgusted with those @#** sick people. Mad

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 18, 2003, 1:58 AM

Post #14 of 331 (6842 views)
Shortcut

Great news to see that Angel has been adopted!! Tongue

Hmmmm... Sad to see that people are neglecting their dogs.. *sigh*... Reminds me of the Animal Precinct episode where a GSD was found to be infested so badly by ticks that she was nearly dead by it. UnsureUnsure

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 18, 2003, 6:51 PM

Post #15 of 331 (6826 views)
Shortcut

hi!

GREAT news girl!!Cool

So where are the dogs from? Any microchips? Are they going to be returned to their owners if indeed they were dognapped?Smile

not bad...court caseCool looks like the standard is going up..lets see what the charges will be.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #16 of 331 (6817 views)
Shortcut

Dear Miss Pau-Lynn,

You brought us the most wanted-to-hear news for the year.Laugh. We are very happy for Angel and hope she has many more years to enjoy. We can celebrate Christmas this year without having to think of Angel's predicament. Thank you so much for your update and keep up the good works.

Join the JRT Zone

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 4:50 AM

Post #17 of 331 (6807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi uncle yip
But that's really a good news.When angel went out from the SPCA i was saying to her "okay bye now..make sure u dont come back to SPCA again for no good reasons!!!" :)
It's my pleasure to update you guys because i know everyone here's really concerned about angels' future. Been volunteering non stop for this whole week.Going up and down to SPCA each morning...really really worn out now.

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 4:55 AM

Post #18 of 331 (6806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fweeyi] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi fweeyi,
There are some Labs there but please take note that this is an animal shelter.You can't expect to come in and say that u want a PR.Yes there are some but there's a story behind it.It's either sick or the owner got bored of it.There are a Lab at the teenage dog section but i think that it's a mixed.But i can assure you that it definitely has the Labs features.No puppies dearie...u can never expect to see PR puppies in animal shelters now would you? There's a lab adult oversized one but heard from fellow volunteers today that someone adopted her. good news.

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 5:03 AM

Post #19 of 331 (6805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi sorry for the late reply..comp seems to hang whenever i open this particular thread.Anyway too bad i only visit SPCA on weekdays eventhough i'd love to do so on weekends but i'm working on sat and usually sunday is my pigging day.A fellow volunteer told me that it's better if i go volunteer on a weekend because there are more visitors and more work to do i think.Yes i'm going to court with those dogs.There's a big Alsatian with badly wounded ears bit my left thigh on ...tuesday i think when i was trying to bring her out for ear cleaning.Got tetanus shot and i'm fine.I'm not kepoh.I'm being a translator for my british and american friends.Besides we need to take care of the dogs too.They are abunch of lovely and friendly dogs.Very eager to please and they're constantly hungry.Whenever i feed them beggin' strips they'll hog the front door!
Yes i know about it.Spotty's adopted.Dober as well.There were heaps of cats adopted too.The cats' cage suddenly seem much more emptier than it was the last time i went in.
Yes i know what u mean.Infact some of my fave dogs were either euthanized or being adopted.That's why whenever i volunteer i give them all the TLC they need but try not to put in too much affection on every single one.Heck i can even remember every single pup's name!Try look out for colorful boards.Made by me.Even their names are unique :P Venus+Dido..hehehe.

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 5:07 AM

Post #20 of 331 (6804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Why does everyone thinks that i'm busy bodying?I'm really going to the court not only to translate it into english for some non malay speaking friends/volunteers but also to keep an eye on some dogs that are a little snappy.Won't say its who incase potential owners are reading this :P Anyway they're all fine fine dogs esp ALL THE LABS!!!Don't need to force them to get back into the cage.Except when they want to come out! :P there are 15 dogs (1 put to sleep badly injured and couldn't move) and there are about 5 of us volunteers to keep an eye on 3 dogs each person.Easier this way as each dog has a different behaviour and i'm planning to take care ofthe 2 boxers as they're really really really extremely afraid of human beings.Imagine what would happen if the lawyer or handler happens to be someone who has no experience in handling a dog and handle it the wrong way. Yuck i hate those bloody ticks.Because of it i cut my hair.Some went into it.Erm..i dont think they'll be put to sleep :)

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 5:13 AM

Post #21 of 331 (6803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley,icezcream] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry for the late reply..pc a litle retard lately. I have no idea why paco's in such a pitiful condition.He is sooo afraid when i open the cage to change the newspapers or when i open to cuddle and pamper him.He always hide at the end of the cage and starts to shiver.When u look at Paco u'll feel like crying because his eyes tells it all.But now he's getting used to my existence because whenever i change the n/papers he did not go backwards but just stayed at where he were.Whenever i cuddle him i always tell this to him.."dont worry sweetie..everything's all right now..u're safe now..no one's going to hurt u anymore..ever" And when i rub his tummy..u'll see that he's not that stressed up or tense anymore because his body starts to calm down and all.Yes lets hope ppl will always consider adopting instead of buying that pet from that window that cost a bomb.

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 5:21 AM

Post #22 of 331 (6802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee,rebooto] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi rebooto, thanks for ur concern.yes i'm sure she'll be safe with that new owner.I met her actually when she brought angel to spca for eye check up.She's really concern about angel's eyes and her health even discussed with me about it.We exchanged some infos as i handled angel for quite some time when angel was here.Not that i know her entirely but at least i'd help that lady by telling her about angel's behaviour and all (positive ones too!) Unsure hi shlee, well it's because i've been volunteering for years (this year only i'm a frequent volunteer!) i always tell myself not to get too attached to those furkids.Of course i feel heart broken and all but all i can honestly do is treat them well,change the newspapers whenever it's dirty...give fresh water and fresh food and all that.So sorry to hear about ur X terrier.I'm staying in portklang dearie..but i guess i can't compare because i'm willing to make that effort to drive down and help.It cna really kill my soul as i'm lack of sleep and i work from 830-5pm daily except on weekends.At least i know i'm doing something for the unspeakable :) Now tht my car's under service i'be been taking 2 diff trains(KTM-sentral-LRT-ampang park-bus!!!!!!) and it takes up about 1hr 15 mins!! really tiring but worth it.When i come back seeing my furkids so safe and sound i thank god for myself being able to do something for my furkids' friends!

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 5:26 AM

Post #23 of 331 (6800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phoenix] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi phoenix..u must be an LP fan :P Anyway yes i know what u mean.Totally agree on that.That's why i decided to open a thread on updates from SPCA since i'm there almost every single day (now that i'm done wiht french studies for this intake!)Yes he's really terrified of human beings except for me now that he's trying to accept me.That's why i spend at least 1/2 hr with him each day let him know that he's really really safe now iwth us and nothing's going to happen to him .Well the court case's on tuesday if there aren't any day changes and i'll try to update.No i dont think they should be whipped.They should :1)get at least 20k fine.2)get at least 10 years jail or both 3)hang to death.hahhhah what a bloody splendid idea from u!! I should've kept those idiotic ticks then!!! :P

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 5:31 AM

Post #24 of 331 (6799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maykew,gins] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi girls, unfortunately i think the spca staffs don't know who did that to Paco.He's probably brought in by some good samaritan.No u don't sound cruel at all.If i'm the judge i'd probably sentence that on those uncivilised homosapiens.CRuelty towards animals is as bad and cruel as it is towards human beings eventhough they are animals.I know..ITS RELALY NOT AN EASY JOB!! I really honestly wantedto just leave spca and go back and bathe but when i try to put myself into those dogs' shoes,i didn't leave for realy controlled myself but staying there till i'm done cleaning them.I had to use forceps too to reach those ticks at unreacheable places.Hehe if u pay a visit to SPCA, do drop some nice blings blings ($$$ :P) on the donation box hehe.It was really a hard job when i was cleaning those GSD as they were long coat.Horrible experience for me.Honest!

paulynn
ALPHA

Dec 19, 2003, 5:41 AM

Post #25 of 331 (6798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] Latest News From SPCA by Miss Pau-Lynn! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,
Sigh.Humans are like that whether they have a PhD or come from an educated family.To them,animals will and forever be a level lower than human beings and do not need to treated equally.Sigh.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my