Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ?
Yes
No
Not Sure
View Results (278 votes)

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2006, 6:45 PM

Post #51 of 55 (26873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zen] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i agree with you...when i wanted to bring my girls for spay......all of my frens also said that i am cruel...but i don think so lo...

i feel that if we are really aware of the world we are living in (whereby there are lots of abondoned animals around), i doubt that spay/neuter our animals is cruel at all...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2006, 6:58 PM

Post #52 of 55 (26873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey, agility got both mini n maxi class la....but currently mini dog is d one dominating d game....

so if u had maxi dog, u can stand a better chance of winningWink

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 28, 2006, 8:20 PM

Post #53 of 55 (26864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well...Tyson can but he's slow..and his foundation is different (not for agility) so training will be abit more challenging. I adopted Hazel and she doesn't seem well-socialized...it'll be even more challenging. As for Axel,after his SchH is solid..then only can do agility...and who knows how long that's gonig to take. lol. Sigh.

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 12:57 PM

Post #54 of 55 (26827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with Yumiko_Masaki. I do not intend to breed my dog and he is within my control at all times. I do not intend to neuter him either.

I think the topic of neutering/spaying is a very personal decision. If you can't control your dog and he/she is allowed to roam outside (which I hope does not), it is best to neuter. As opposed to the contrary believe, neutering for a male might not bring as much health benefits as we are lead to believe. There are new studies done on this. The incident of bone cancer is higher in neutered dogs, twice higher. Prostate cancer is actually four times higher in neutered dogs. These are not something everyone or vets that do not keep themselves updated with researches will tell you.

As for female dogs, they benefit more form a spay than a male dog does from a neuter.

In regards to marking, humping and aggressiveness; neutering cuts down a certain percentage for some dogs and in these cases, it really depend on the individual dogs. To curb these problems, training is the best way to go. A lot of dogs neutered still marks, humps. Humping is also associated with being dominance over another dog rather than a sexual behaviour. As for curbing aggressiveness, there are dogs that were sweet natured and does not mark before being neutered that went the other way round after neutered. I have personally came across cases where dogs become aggresive after neutering and the owner ended up adopting out the dog. It really depend on individual dog.

cryssy
Novice

May 30, 2007, 3:16 AM

Post #55 of 55 (26759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm all up for it... by the way, i got Cheri from PAWS & i didn't have a choice.. all the dogs there are already spayed or neutered..

well, if your dog is always roaming outside your house on his/her then it's wise to neuter/spay your dog. coz this is the main reason we're facing the problem of having so many stray dogs around.. plus, ppl are not too keen on adopting dogs from shelters

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my