Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia
Yes for both
No for both
Ban Tail Docking, Ear Cropping Acceptable
Ban Ear Cropping, Tail Docking Acceptable
Not Sure
View Results (436 votes)

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 26, 2003, 10:17 AM

Post #51 of 89 (23815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

oh shame... why u have orchastra practice that morning?

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 26, 2003, 10:30 AM

Post #52 of 89 (23813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

becouse that's the only time that all the members and the director is free. and we are preparing for the year end concert. really working hard on that as we don't want ppl to throw spoiled eggs to us after every song we play.Laugh but if i don't come to the gathering, i'm afraid u might throw spoiled eggs to me too the next time u see me.Sly before this happens, better i throw spoiled eggs to myself loh!SlyLaugh

maybe another future gathering that doesn't fall on Sunday........................

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 27, 2003, 5:49 AM

Post #53 of 89 (23807 views)
Shortcut
Re:[All] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all, in the latest copy of the local magazine there is an article on the above issue contributed by a local writer.

His argument is against the ban and gives interesting points to support his case.Cool

boon
Doggyman

Jul 27, 2003, 9:38 AM

Post #54 of 89 (23800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Re:[All] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrick,

Any chance for us to see it online or a scan copy over here ?Blush

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 28, 2003, 3:15 AM

Post #55 of 89 (23790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

willu be going to the selayang mall sho in august? if you r, see u there!

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 28, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #56 of 89 (23778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Re:[All] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Frownsorry boon I don't have the facility. maybe some other members who have the mag. can do so. Or come to worst .go get the mag. only rm6.Tongue

boon
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2003, 7:20 PM

Post #57 of 89 (23776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Re:[All] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrick,

No problem. Ok will get one copy soon.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Aug 1, 2003, 5:41 PM

Post #58 of 89 (23764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

err........ i'm not very alert about what's going on around me sometimes. Selayang Mall show? when is that? i think i'm turning into a working maniac slowly these days.

rottie
Dog Kichi

Aug 9, 2003, 12:11 AM

Post #59 of 89 (23752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello all dog lovers,

Pls click the following link to read some good info about tale docking...
www.cdb.org/index.htm

rottie
Dog Kichi

Aug 9, 2003, 12:18 AM

Post #60 of 89 (23751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

In my opinion, tail docking is acceptable for several reasoned. Pls click the following to read more about tail docking information from the councils of docked breed. Tongue

http://www.cdb.org/index.htm

rottie
Dog Kichi

Aug 9, 2003, 12:23 AM

Post #61 of 89 (23750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rottie] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

or may be i just quote the important point from the site...
Whe are Dog's Tailed Docked?
1) To avoid tail damage
2) For reasons of hygiene
3) To maintain breed standards
To read more, pls click the link that i posted earlier.
Wink

rottie
Dog Kichi

Aug 9, 2003, 12:41 AM

Post #62 of 89 (23748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

I dun know much about ear cropping. I would say we should get a little bit educated abt it.
But either tail docking or ear cropping, it should not be banned and it should be keep as an optional choice by a buyer. Of course, it should be carry out by a experience breeder or vet.

Another quote:
Is docking cruel?
Docking is carried out when puppies are tiny. Their eyes are not yet open and long experience indicates that carried out correctly, the procedure causes no pain or discomfort. Indeed, some puppies which are docked whilst they are asleep, do not even wake up. After docking, puppies will immediately return to their dam to feed, and there is no evidence that development or weight gain is in any way arrested by the docking procedure.

Nor does a dog which has been docked as a puppy have any problems with balance or communication.

If, however, tail damage occurs during adulthood and docking has to be carried out for therapeutic reasons, normally under anaesthetic, a dog can be seriously distressed and the healing process can be painful and protracted.

Smile

Xana
Dog Kichi

Aug 13, 2003, 11:31 AM

Post #63 of 89 (23739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Can anybody of you REALLY imagine your schnauzer, dobermann, english cocker, boxer.... uncropped and UNDOCKED? Undocked dogs looks mainly ugly. I have seen many. Now I will write about schnauzers because I am interested in them.
I am from Europe and I show my dogs very very often. Maybe you know that this year were allowed to enter ONLY undocked and uncropped dogs to World Dog Show in Dortmund (Germany) . It was unfair indeed. I have been there to watch only (because my schnauzers are uncropped but docked...) and I was quite disapointed. OK, some dogs minies were nice BUT THAT GIANTS - HORRIBLE! Giant schnauzer with natural tail and ears looks like bearded labrador. I don't like these lab-giants, sorry. They misses their alert expression.
Schnauzer is very old breed which has been bred for exact reasons - for guarding houses, rattling. When they fought with rats their ears were in danger. So their owners-breeders started do crop them (it is similar with docking). OK, you can say that they don't hunt rats now. But there is some traditional image of schnauzer (which was formulated in Breed Standard) and that describes schnauzer's appareance. The problem is that schnauzer's country of origin is Germany and there is not allowed docking (since '97 I guess) and cropping (since '87 I guess) - so Germans could change FCI standard of schnauzer - it sais now that "tail and ears are natural". But AKC standard speaks only about cropped and docked schnauzers.

We imported with my friend giant p/s from USA - and he is certainly cropped and docked. And my friend has puppy from her breeding which is natural. Well, it is strange world and dhe has the both varieties in the same time - they looks SO DIFERENT....

So: I think that cropping and docking should be volonteer. In all cases - cropped and docked dog looks more alert, shorter in body and more ellegant.

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Aug 13, 2003, 7:03 PM

Post #64 of 89 (23737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Xana] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Xana. Believe me when I say I agree with you that tail docking and ear cropping should not be banned PROVIDED that it is carried out by a qualified professional in the most humane and painless manner possible. Everyone should have a choice. However, it would be rather superficial to crop and dock only for cosmetic purposes. It would be nice if people actually understood that the benefits of cropping and docking go beyond physical beauty. Maybe that way, this procedure wouldn't seem so cruel. After all, can looking out for the welfare of your pet ever be considered as barbaric?

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 13, 2003, 7:19 PM

Post #65 of 89 (23735 views)
Shortcut

It's this Sunday - 17th August 2003 at Selayang Mall...

See you there kay? Smile

Xana
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2003, 1:15 AM

Post #66 of 89 (23731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

It is very difficult to judge if it is "cruel". If person who dock and crop is professional it is OK. Puppy docked in 3 days of age cry a second and soon all is OK again. One stich is enough.

Ears are of course problematic but I can tell you story of my own dog. My giant is not cropped - we didn't want to torture her. BUT - her ears are very strong cartilage and her ears don't stay /or lay/ in good poise. It shouldn't be so horrible if she wouldn't have big problems with her cartilage. .She had hole in the point where it is natural bent. We were at veterinary many mamy times - it ached her and we paied a lot of money for heeling. Then she had to go to ottoplasty... Poor dog. If I should have dog with this kind of ear cartilage again. I would crop him/her....

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2003, 3:22 AM

Post #67 of 89 (23729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Xana] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

based on my understanding of human behavior, people tend to deem an act cruel if it inflicts pain on another living creature, but it is not cruel if it serves a specific purpose. in that sense, the practice is justified, and painful as that may be, it is not considered cruel by the norm. humans..go figure! i guess this is why i love doggies. it's a lot less complicated relationship.

Xana
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2003, 6:08 AM

Post #68 of 89 (23728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Generalization makes everytime thinks and processes as easy as they never are in reality. Somebody wants to be cruel but the most people not.

DOgs were bred for some purpse althought some of them are not used for it today. There is a type formulated in standard. And standard is something like law. We must follow it. If docking or cropping is banned by law, we must accept it. If no, we can choose. And the right to choose and decide is the biggest right in general. We, who lived in country controlled by totality comunist regime, can feel it very strong.

Xana
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2003, 6:10 AM

Post #69 of 89 (23727 views)
Shortcut

Nothing in the world is black or white.

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Aug 14, 2003, 10:10 PM

Post #70 of 89 (23723 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Nothing in the world is black or white.

i agree with you that nothing is black or white. that is why i believe that docking and cropping should not be banned. there is so much gray distorting what is right and wrong that the only way to cope with all of this is the flexibility of change. law is law. no one is above it. but even laws can be changed.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 14, 2003, 11:49 PM

Post #71 of 89 (23721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona,Xana] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

been reading your views on ear cropping and tail docking. very well said Smile .

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 17, 2003, 4:01 AM

Post #72 of 89 (23673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona,ALL] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with u. Tail docking and ear cropping should be allowed, if it's done by a certified/professional vet. But as for declawing and devocalizing...that's plain cruel.

As for the docked tails,read somewhere..for some breeds, the tails are cropped so that the fur does not get tangled in the bush while hunting/tracking and so that they do not break their tail. For bigger working dogs, it's to let the tax collector know that the dog is a working dog, and no/less tax should be charged(in germany, not sure abt the rest of the world) and also so that they don't break it.

As for ear cropping..read that it's so that it doesn't get injured. For example, great danes..when they hunt wild boar or pitbulls while fighting.

sslee80
ALPHA

Sep 18, 2003, 11:24 PM

Post #73 of 89 (23656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

hi all,

I'm 101% supporting tail docking and ear cropping should not be banned.

I have just recently sent my dane for ear cropping. I feel that one must have the time, effort, and patience to go through the whole process to ensure that it is done properly. (I mean, we expect the ears would eventually stand up straight) This is not an easy task, especially sending your pup for dressing ON TIME to make sure that the ears are ok(no infection), to cage your pup for at least a month instead of letting it mix with other dogs(I have an older one) because once they play together, the pup may get injured (ears),.....etc. These are my experiences on ear cropping. I am supporting this because after the cropping, the pup does look smart and alert. Smile

Besides that, getting it done by an experienced vet is a must. You won't want to see your pup with funny looking ears. right??? (like a bat)Sly

koochey_koo
New User

Sep 21, 2003, 5:35 PM

Post #74 of 89 (23646 views)
Shortcut

Yep. I think they should be banned. It's an inhumane way to be treating our beloved pets. It's just utterly cruel and unusual for us to be ship-shaping them by cutting off their tails and ears. I do believe it's painful and that we should love em for how they look like. Cheers. Wink

doberman
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 1:03 AM

Post #75 of 89 (23587 views)
Shortcut

should be banned!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my