Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ?
Yes
No
Not Sure
View Results (278 votes)

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 25, 2003, 2:03 AM

Post #1 of 55 (52899 views)
Shortcut
If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? Can't Post

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 27, 2003, 2:23 AM

Post #2 of 55 (52820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaugh well i do not intend to breed my dog, but then i won't put my dog up for spaying or neuter them cause i won't want them to be in pain and undergo this situation, i would like them to be as normal as what they are ... Laugh

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jun 27, 2003, 6:27 PM

Post #3 of 55 (52807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello there,
well, its again, a long argument over this topic. Personally, after finished alot of readings, I would spay/ neuter my dogs for their good health if I don't intend to breed them.
This is what i got from petsmart.com:

Male dogs do not need to engage in sexual intercourse. In dogs, sexual behavior is primarily a reflexive behavior.

Neutered males have a much lower incidence of prostate problems as they age.

Spayed females have a lower incidence of certain health problems, especially as they age. Spaying a dog before she is two years of age dramatically reduces her risk of breast cancer. And of course spayed females cannot develop uterine infections.

Again, this is just my judgement. At least I can do somehting to promise her future from certain unneccessary illness Smile

jay_owl

Jun 28, 2003, 2:11 AM

Post #4 of 55 (52801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ooo, this is my favurite topic.

i'm 1000000x100000% supportive towards spay/neuter our pets (especially cats) if we r not a qualified breeder. i personally think this is a responsibility tht every pet owner shud bear.

i hav friends asked me wud it b cruel if we 'take away' the 'natural pleasure' from them? i asked them: how d u know tht they r 'high' bout tht? Laugh (i mean, i myself really donno either).

but wht i know is, for the sake of their health, if the average 3 days pain can provide ur pet in a healtheir condition, y not?

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jun 30, 2003, 4:35 PM

Post #5 of 55 (52787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_owl] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Jay,
Yes, I agree with you!
way to go! Yes, I admit it. It was pretty bad and sad to spay Trivor. But we are as happy as always and to know that she is safe from breast/ ovary cancer, I am soooo damn happy!!Angelic

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #6 of 55 (52742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys,

I'm considering to neuter Sparkle. But what are the side effects of doing that? eg behaviour changes? increased weight?

Can anyone advise? thanks!

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 28, 2003, 4:44 PM

Post #7 of 55 (52734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Michelle,
Believe me, there will be no side effect after the surgery.
As long as you keep on with diet control and exercise, the dog is happy and so does the owner.
Trivor has gone through for 1 month since last surgery and she has been underweight all this while. We were told to feed her more in fact... Tongue She is neither lazy nor fet. She still love swimming, evening walk and running like mad dog... Laugh
Nothing has changed. Don't worry...Cool

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 28, 2003, 7:02 PM

Post #8 of 55 (52732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi SC, Smile

Thanks for the information. I am seriously considering to neuter Sparkle now. He's going to 6 months...is it too young?

I will discuss this with my vet next week.

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 28, 2003, 7:52 PM

Post #9 of 55 (52727 views)
Shortcut

Are you sure by spaying can actually extend thier life span? Heard that it's actually the opposite way round.. Mad

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 28, 2003, 10:37 PM

Post #10 of 55 (52722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Michelle,
I guess it should be ok...
Trivor's surgery was at her 7 month... Blush

Trivor
K9 Servant

Jul 28, 2003, 10:44 PM

Post #11 of 55 (52722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello Lisa,
This is what I extracted out from petsmart.com:

Neutered dogs do not get fat and lazy. Dogs who eat too much and get too little exercise get fat and lazy.

Spayed females have a lower incidence of certain health problems, especially as they age. Spaying a dog before she is two years of age dramatically reduces her risk of breast cancer. And of course spayed females cannot develop uterine infections.

I guess this can somewhat reduce risk of getting ovary or prostate cancer...

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 28, 2003, 11:06 PM

Post #12 of 55 (52721 views)
Shortcut

Oh... then my friend must be wrong... so now.. I have to consider in spaying my dog or not for longer life span... sigh... Unimpressed

Xana
Dog Kichi

Aug 12, 2003, 3:39 AM

Post #13 of 55 (52691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I have female giant schnauzer without pedigree now 9 yrs old. I spayed her when she was 3 or 4 yrs oold and I am sure I did well. I read some books about it and talked to vets before.
Many people say that neutred/spayed dogs loose their personalities but it is not truth indeed when you spay/neutre them after the first heating or later. My giant was very dominant before spaying and so she is now. SHe didn't loose her feminin image and diddn't got fat at all. She looks the same like before spaying. Any dog hasitates about her sex Wink I have two males at home (scottie and mini schnauzer) and they know very well, that giant is female and leader of their company....

It is very comfortable for us and for her too. Because she does not live hormonal unbalances and any dog harasses her.

Well: according my opinion. If I would have dog which shouldn't be bred, I would spay/ neutre with no doubt again.....

sun-arrow

Sep 4, 2003, 11:38 PM

Post #14 of 55 (52652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Xana] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I will spay/neuter my dog if i am not going to breed. I prefer him to live longer and die naturally, rather than live shorter and experienced painful periods before being put to sleep... Unsure

snoopdog
K9 Kaki

Sep 5, 2003, 12:34 AM

Post #15 of 55 (52649 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi Trivor,

I see you're quite informed on this topic. My Dome is 3 mths old and he's already humping his favorite cushion while biting it. Is it normal? The vet said he's only have one testicles, the 2nd one not developed yet. I'm all for the neutering if it's for the good of the dogs.

Twenko

Sep 24, 2003, 9:00 PM

Post #16 of 55 (52561 views)
Shortcut

My baby is two months old right now.

How old should she be before she's neutered? My cousin had a Rottie too and I don't want him to ask for my baby for breeding when she's older.

(><)

Xana
Dog Kichi

Oct 2, 2003, 9:30 AM

Post #17 of 55 (52532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Twenko] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

It depends on oppinion of vet. SOme vets say that it is better to spay/neuter before first heating. Then dog stay infantile for the rest of his/her life. Some vets recommend spaying/neutring AFTER first heating.
God knows what's better Wink

Xana

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 15, 2003, 5:35 AM

Post #18 of 55 (52496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

i also do not want to spay my dog..
what's your method to prevent your dog from interbreeding?

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Oct 15, 2003, 7:40 PM

Post #19 of 55 (52491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile hi...

i guess we don't really like our dogs to be spayed because we don't like to see them sufer... well as usual i tink most of the dog owners will do is that by seperating the female dog form the males when she is on heat.. either put her in your house, in the kitchen or someplace which is big enought for her to move around... and i think this methods works most of the time..Smile

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 15, 2003, 11:38 PM

Post #20 of 55 (52489 views)
Shortcut

i've tried to wear the female dog which some kind of 'pampers' for dogs. actually is for the period thing one.

do you think this can work?

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2003, 8:10 PM

Post #21 of 55 (52480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmilehello amanda,

well about your idea on putting those 'pampers' for dogs on the female dog... hmm.. i don't suggest for you to do that... because it's not suitable and it does not give the dog any comfortable type.. u should have think of how long the female dog will be on heat, and by then how long does she need to wear it until...
as for the period thingy, i guess there is no choice to let her to wear it instead of letting her messing around the places... but i really don't suggest to let her wear it while she is on heat.. try to re-think about it ok ?
i hope this will help you more or less in your questions.. Wink

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2003, 8:14 PM

Post #22 of 55 (52479 views)
Shortcut

Just to share with you all. I was told by my vet that I shouldn't neuter Mocha as yet as she has some skin complications. It's suppose to worsen the situation if I do. So, it has to wait until Mocha is better !!Laugh

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Oct 16, 2003, 8:36 PM

Post #23 of 55 (52477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] If you do not intent to breed your dog, are you infavour of spaying or neuter them ? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmile hi there...

thanks for sharing this with us as an extra information to the person which don't know bout this... hmmm... i hope that your mocha will get better soon.. cheers ~~~

doberman
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #24 of 55 (52399 views)
Shortcut

if i do not intent to breed them, nope, i dont want to spay them coz that they will feel pain ler...Pirate

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2004, 5:48 PM

Post #25 of 55 (51053 views)
Shortcut

not sure

once i intend to neuter my dog but i worried to consequences

i scare she'll suffer from this operation

so now i give her to wear the hot pant and plan to buy the anti-mating spray

hope it works Blush

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my