Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia
Yes for both
No for both
Ban Tail Docking, Ear Cropping Acceptable
Ban Ear Cropping, Tail Docking Acceptable
Not Sure
View Results (436 votes)

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 13, 2003, 9:15 AM

Post #26 of 89 (24654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

I think tail cropping is OK... I was reading up alot on this topic when we had our cocker puppies, and in some breeds like the cocker, their tails are so long natuarally that if they are not cropped they run the risk of having a tail accident later in life and if the tail then has to be taken off or repaired then, even more painful for the dog.

Dont know about the tail being used to convey friendliness between dogs... Luckey seems to do this by wagging her bum since she has no tail Tongue

I think the thing they should think about banning in this country is microchipping... now THAT seems really painful for the pups. So much blood and we had a couple of our pups getting into the habit of growling when being caried after the trauma having their microchips put in.

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 13, 2003, 9:20 AM

Post #27 of 89 (24653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

I think tail cropping should be done when the pups are a few days old at the most, so it should be breeders who arrange the cropping, not the buyers. Buyers who prefer uncropped tails can find a breeder who doesnt crop. Or choose a breed that doesnt require cropping.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 14, 2003, 5:27 PM

Post #28 of 89 (24643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

"choose a breed that doesnt require cropping."

yeah! that's the key. Wink

my cockers also wacgging their bums since they have only little tail left.

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 15, 2003, 5:40 AM

Post #29 of 89 (24638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

haha... yeah they look rather cute doing that, no? BUt it seems it's our female cockers who do most of the bum wagging... know how to turn on their female charms Tongue

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 17, 2003, 10:22 PM

Post #30 of 89 (24627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

in my case, my male cocker is doing it more often compare to my female cocker. he'll wag his bum like he had some "ecstasy" for his butt while "screaming" and climbing on my front gate whenever he sees me putting a CD into the player at the living room. strange..... Hmm. maybe he like jazz a lot??

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 18, 2003, 8:47 AM

Post #31 of 89 (24623 views)
Shortcut

hehehe... how cute! maybe if he met luckey they can do a slow dance together ..haha.. altho brinkley would get jealous (altho she is also a gurl!)

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2003, 7:38 PM

Post #32 of 89 (24613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

removing any part of a dog or puppy should be ban!!

when i was younger,my dad told me how our old rottweiler's tail being removed when she was still a pup. the breeder would tie a rubberband on the tail. After a period of time the tail would drop because of the stopped blood circulation ..ewwwww..

if you wanna know how tail docked puppies feel,try tying a rubberband on your fingerCrazy

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 20, 2003, 8:53 AM

Post #33 of 89 (24608 views)
Shortcut

ough?! slow dance? i think it will never happen as mine is very hyperactive, maybe a samba or lambada will do! kekekeLaugh. so, before our dogs meet, u better train luckey to dance lambada! hahahaLaugh coz mine already an expert.

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2003, 8:58 AM

Post #34 of 89 (24607 views)
Shortcut

hehehe... so are you coming to luckey's bday tomorrow at Padang Merbuk? maybe its time for them to meet, altho we have to bring along a stereo ! Tongue

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 20, 2003, 9:03 AM

Post #35 of 89 (24606 views)
Shortcut

too bad as i can't tear myself apart from my "weekend duties" i can't even join any Sunday gathering. how sad is that. i have this orchestra practice every Sunday Morning Till Noon sometimes till late noon. what to do, already commited with them, cannot "mungkir janji lah".

hope u guys have a very happy moment. and for the 3 "sau sing gong" and "sau sing poh", wish they r as happy and healthy as ever!

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2003, 9:15 AM

Post #36 of 89 (24604 views)
Shortcut

shame u cant come... hey, we are meeting in the afternoon, not morning, so ifyoure not too tired after your rehearsal you can come join us. Wink

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 20, 2003, 9:26 AM

Post #37 of 89 (24603 views)
Shortcut

i'll try, but if i come, i will not bring my dogs as i don't think it is a good idea to speed home (from Jalan Gasing to shah alam) stuff them into my car and speed back to Jalan Gasing.

i do wish to meet u as we always chat online but never meet before.

by the way, i wonder how's Soh Chong Meng now?? i heard he had started a new job and he is very busy now.

(This post was edited by makrawl on Jul 20, 2003, 9:28 AM)

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2003, 9:32 AM

Post #38 of 89 (24599 views)
Shortcut

would be great to meet you. Hey who is soh chong meng? Is that someone from puppy.com.my? Am so bad with names, i tend to remember the nicks only !

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 20, 2003, 9:41 AM

Post #39 of 89 (24597 views)
Shortcut

soh chong meng's nick is Chongmeng_soh and he also own a pair of cocker. don't u remember? he tried to mate his cocker but eneded up "screwed" by that Sandybum leh!

by the way, what time is the gathering again?? i'll definately recognise your dog and from that, i should know who u are. u can see my monster face at the photo gallery under Mr Khoo's account. :)

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 21, 2003, 5:28 PM

Post #40 of 89 (24591 views)
Shortcut

guess you didnt make it? are you going to the nxt gathering on the 3rd? well must catch up with u then Wink

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2003, 11:00 PM

Post #41 of 89 (24586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi quinalona,

No matter puppy or adult, we shouldnt done this to them. It's hurt, really hurt. Actually they r cacat if we done this to them. Someone at USA cut their tongue into 2(like snake tongue) n they think it's beauty, how if they done this to baby? So i think if reayy want to ban then ban it totally, jz my personal opinion, no hard feelingSmile

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Jul 23, 2003, 1:32 AM

Post #42 of 89 (24583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ymon] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ymon! as arthur and i have agreed earlier, tail docking and ear cropping actually served a purpose once. and like you said, floppy ears and long tails did do more harm than good to working dogs who had to get "dirty" on the job. this was acceptable then because they served a purpose. today, it is just a barbaric tradition practiced for vanity's sake.

take for instance, spaying/neutering. you wouldn't want to be castrated by your human, would you? but it does serve a purpose for now. it prevents unwanted pregnancies. in the future, when some brilliant trainer invents a successful training program that teaches your dog not to "howl at the full moon" at that time of "urgency", i'm pretty sure, those people in the future would also deem spaying/neutering a cruel act.

it's all a matter of perspective really. and we are all entitled to our opinion. but on a firm note, declawing and devocalization is inexcusable and cruel and there is no point of view that can ever justify that.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 24, 2003, 12:48 AM

Post #43 of 89 (24570 views)
Shortcut

u know what? i was talking on the phone while i reached padang merbuk at 5++pm. i think i saw u with luckey hopping down from the car as luckey is so easy to be spotted out from the croud. the moment i finish my talk, i lost u and luckey! i was so angry with myself for being so "long winded" on the phone. u were wearing white T, blue track bottom and a cap right?

argghh....... what to do..........

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 24, 2003, 12:56 AM

Post #44 of 89 (24567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

In USA they really cut their tongue into 2?? Yucks! How can they even think of that. How is the dog suppose to eat and drink??

Regards,
Swee Eng

fuolornis
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2003, 3:10 AM

Post #45 of 89 (24564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

I own a boxer..
my small girl tails have been docked when she was only a wekk old..
actualy, i think that if this tail docking thingy is done by a professional: doctor..then it is okay...
but i'm not sure if they use anasthetic when performing the docking...

however, my parents do not have any intention to crop her ear...
i have seen many dogs who contracted infection due to improper handling...

swee eng, remember the news bout some guy who cut his tongue into half...that is really gross..
it really freak me out if this procedure is done on dogs...

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 24, 2003, 6:58 AM

Post #46 of 89 (24561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

not the dog!! a guy did it and it became a trend in US...

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 24, 2003, 5:28 PM

Post #47 of 89 (24554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

My goodness.... that's even worst!!! YuckS!!!

REgards,
swee Eng

NikE
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2003, 7:14 PM

Post #48 of 89 (24552 views)
Shortcut

Hi swee eng,

I think u have to read more 'Pa-Gua' news loh, hehe

luckey
ALPHA

Jul 25, 2003, 6:51 AM

Post #49 of 89 (24548 views)
Shortcut

no i du think you saw us... we arrived at 3pm and were mucking about onthe agility equipment... i think i was wearing a yellow t. hey next time just look out for most beautiful cocker lah and you will find us Laugh hehe (kidding)

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 25, 2003, 5:26 PM

Post #50 of 89 (24539 views)
Shortcut

oh? really? so i guess my eyes is getting worse following my agelah! Laugh

anyway, that was really "sayang" to miss the chance. i'll try the 3 August gathering then. but i couldn't stay long as i must leave before 10am. so i don't think i'll "makan minum dan borak lama-lama" there.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my