Re: [viesta16] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

bath them once every week

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 7, 2006, 3:45 AM

Post #54 of 92 (25919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jennijane] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

two years ago....i remember i voted once a week....

but now i change my perception already.....

now i bath my dog once a month...

jasonoh
Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2006, 4:29 AM

Post #55 of 92 (25529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I bath my 2 devils around 7-10 days. I read and article before says that we should not bath a dog too often as they will release a kind of wax themselves to protect their coat and skin. But due to our weather here, don't think is a good idea to hold it till a month.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2006, 6:31 PM

Post #56 of 92 (25523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasonoh] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

no....dogs do not sweat like us human.....when they feel hot, they'll juz pant...

so dun tend to link d hot weather to sweating....

babybenji
Dog Kichi

Oct 21, 2006, 9:30 PM

Post #57 of 92 (25500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I usually bath my golden every week with plain water, just to get ride of the dirt and dust on his coat and monthly with shampoo. It is not advisable to use shampoo every week as this will wash away their natural oil on their coat; their skin will get too dry.

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 24, 2006, 5:31 AM

Post #58 of 92 (25495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babybenji] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well,
i bath sidney every week. But my mum said that he have to take a bath every 2 days. Is it ok for a silky to take bath every 2 days? Sidney isnt that dirty or smelly.. I'm afraid that if i take a bath every 2 days for him, his fur will get dry.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 29, 2006, 2:00 AM

Post #59 of 92 (25457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

All my dogs are bathe between 4 - 6 weeks... everyday just a vinegar wipe after playing at the park... to clean off the mud n check for ticks.

(This post was edited by mbless on Oct 29, 2006, 2:00 AM)

potter

Oct 30, 2006, 5:25 PM

Post #60 of 92 (25446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [viesta16] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I bath mine once a week. In between baths, when he smells, I just use a paper type fabric softener to wipe him up or a non-perfume baby wipes. I use towel first and then hair dryer Cool setting and put it far from him.However, he is having flu right now so its been 2 weeks since he bathed. I will bath him as soon as he gets better.

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2006, 10:30 PM

Post #61 of 92 (25426 views)
Shortcut

Frown I bath my boy weekly....wanna bath him more but its not good for them rite...but sometimes i just cant tahan ler, when he play alot, he smell~~~somemore he sleep with me....Crazy

but its a super hard task for me to bath him too..he just dun like it...how??

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 7, 2006, 6:18 PM

Post #62 of 92 (25422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zen] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

i bathe them once every week...but sometimes, when they start to smell (after 3-4 days), i will wipe them n spray dog perfume on them Wink

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2006, 6:02 AM

Post #63 of 92 (25418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessicaohh] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

wow, u bought him perfume hah....so good. Benjamin using alpo shampoo, but im wanna get him another 1 that smell good. any recommendation?

my boy very notti ler, always squeeze in my bed at nite even though he got his own bed. Unsure

jessicaohh
ALPHA

Nov 8, 2006, 5:04 PM

Post #64 of 92 (25412 views)
Shortcut

hi,

yup.....bought the dog perfume..actually recommended by the pet shop...coz once i brought her to pet shop for grooming and after that she smells so good and the smell last for days, so i ask the pet shop owner lo...so the owner recommended me the perfume she used on her..heheheheh...but cant really remember wat brand liau...will check it out tonite and let you knowWink

ermm...i think normally shampoo smell wont last long one....

hahahaha..yeah yeah..same here..my girl will oso squeeze in my bed instead of sleeping on her own bed....

will just want to stick her body to mine.....Wink

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 9, 2006, 8:48 PM

Post #65 of 92 (25405 views)
Shortcut

I bathe my two dogs once a week...It's a must becoz after training at SCP, they get very dirty & they'll pick up germs and may cause them to have fungal prob. My Amber always gets a good spa traetment after bathing. I use hot oil on her fur-she gets a good massage & brushing.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2006, 6:42 PM

Post #66 of 92 (25401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

pacco usually get bath once every 2 weeks n sumtime up 2 a month....coz i really dun find her getting smelly....

probably dis saturday u might not dare 2 touch my dog....Laugh

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 10, 2006, 7:19 PM

Post #67 of 92 (25396 views)
Shortcut

Oh...I get very sensitive if my dog doesn't have a bath before she goes for training or other public places. I'm also the type who doesn't like other people touching her & Faith after their baths, coz I know their hands are dirty and have germs. I know I sound psychotic! I know my hands are clean coz I was the one who bathe them...I always make sure especially Amber, looks her very best before going out. I like people complementing her...Heee heee!Laugh

Oh, I'm not going to bathe my dogs today like I usually do coz I know they are going to be in a big muddy mess tomorrow. Later in the afternoon at 4pm, they have agility training. So it's either I wipe them down or bathe them after playing in the field. See you there Amanda!

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Nov 10, 2006, 7:23 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2006, 1:20 AM

Post #68 of 92 (25390 views)
Shortcut

actually i my ownself is a dirty person, so do my dog...

but anyway, she's black, so is less obvious...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 11, 2006, 4:48 AM

Post #69 of 92 (25389 views)
Shortcut

Even, if my dog is black like yours, If I'm the person who loves caring for her coat & her bautyness, MUST HAVE BATH & SPA TREATMENT!!!!! Wakakakaka!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2006, 1:38 AM

Post #70 of 92 (25382 views)
Shortcut

haha...due 2 my tomboyish style...i'm a dirty person back 2 d days when i was a kid....my mother alwiz need 2 force me 2 take a bath....

until now when i'm 21....my mum still kenot get rid of her habit of yelling 'Amanda ! hv u taken ur bath yet!' Laugh

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 12, 2006, 9:18 PM

Post #71 of 92 (25380 views)
Shortcut

Hehehehe...Once in while, not taking a bath in fine wah! I used to be like you too when I was still like 7 years old. Nowadays, I MUST have a bath especially now I've rebonded my hair again. Kekekekeke....Hey, I went to the field yesterday. You left already when we came at 9.45am. Yeah I know, we were late! Very sleepy lah...OMG, Amber & Faith were SO muddy yesterday! We gave them a bath after we went back home. We finally got tomeet Groovy & his daddy, Fawn. He's a very nice fella ha? He demonstrated some dance moves & I really enjoyed watching the them...How was Pacco yesterday???

I posted a picture below of Faith covered in mud!
Attachments: Faith & Melissa 2.jpg (142 KB)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 13, 2006, 11:47 PM

Post #72 of 92 (25376 views)
Shortcut

pacco as usual lor.....she treat it as her own play ground....chasing other dogs around....when ask her to do sumthing, gv those lazy look n wish tat i could release her as soon as possible...

as for groovy stunts, me n pacco seen tons of times b4....onli when there r new events, v gotta c some of his new moves....haha...

actually i did rebonding b4 when i had a longer hair....but it kenot tahan for even a year....then later my whole hair oso seems like rosak edi....so i cut it off...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Nov 14, 2006, 2:27 AM

Post #73 of 92 (25370 views)
Shortcut

Oh, Faith loves running in big circles with super sonic speed! Should see who's faster honestly. You Pacco or Faith? Actually, faith's not as fast as Groovy...Man that little thing is really fast! Both of them can't catch up with him...This is my 4th time I rebonded my hair. Can;t stand if my hair is all over the place, dry & rusted...hahaha!

zen
Enthusiast

Nov 15, 2006, 4:37 AM

Post #74 of 92 (25366 views)
Shortcut

wah 2 months?? I cant tahan la. Benjamin 3 days then got smell edy....dunno y. wanna bath him twice a week somtimes but not good for him rite. by the way, i dunno y he hate 2 take bath so much Crazy

Benjamin, my baby boy 4ever

www.colliebenjamin.blogspot.com (updated 13 Nov 2006)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2006, 6:45 PM

Post #75 of 92 (25362 views)
Shortcut

3 days?!?!? i think tat's too soon...

its probably due to d shampoo that u use...mayb u can try to switch it to other brand....

coz d brand i use, d 'pleasant' smell can stand for more than a week....

btw, my dog oso hate 2 take bath.....whenever she's taking her bath, she look so depressed...Sly

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my