i MUST do it once every week if not they'll stink like shit heheh

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2004, 8:14 AM

Post #28 of 92 (23953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi everyone,

i try to bath my dog once a week but because she got skin problem and body odour, then i have to bath her twice a week. that's the maximum if not the skin and the fur will dry. sometimes once a week. it depends whether i got class or not. i never use hair dryer to blow dry my dog's fur. natural dry is fine. it's just like human's hair. Smile

Wolfie
Novice

Sep 11, 2004, 11:48 AM

Post #29 of 92 (23947 views)
Shortcut

Once a month! *laughs* He has sensitive skin, so I shouldn't wash it too often. He doesn't start to stink for a while anyway.

I think it is a bit strange to wash your dog once a week, is that because people don't like the natural smell of a dog? Shocked *laughs*

GSD
Dog Kichi

Jan 1, 2005, 7:41 AM

Post #30 of 92 (22988 views)
Shortcut

I bath my doggie weekly..... I wonder is this enough for her ? Any advise ?

I start to see ticks on the body... I bought a anti-tick medic for her, it didn't really help. Do anyone has a 'good' solution to remove tick, or reduce the ticks on the doggie ? I didn't let my doggie outside, but I still see ticks.

I went to a pet shop, they introduce me a kind of medic, where we just need to apply on one spot (recomended the dog's neck), and it will last for 4-6 weeks, where that's no ticks on the dog. Is this working ? I never tried.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2005, 2:18 AM

Post #31 of 92 (22971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSD] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile

I bathe my girls every 4 to 5 days... but it may be a lil more than i shud... some ppl say if we bathe too often, we will wash away the natural shine on the coat...

As for ticks... my girls are kept inside the house but they still do pick up some occasionally due to the enviroment... possible causes its the garden or stray dogs or neighbour's dogs...

I have read that garlic helps... some give raw but not many dogs will eat it raw coz of its smell... there are garlic in capsules... personally, i give garlic as supplement & use anti tick solution bought from supermarket... tickicide... its for rinsing thru the dogs body during bath... I also use the same solution to mop & claen the house floors... I do this monthly to prevent the ticks... so far it works for me... Wink

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 8, 2005, 10:27 PM

Post #32 of 92 (22791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSD] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

As lesser you bath your dog as better it is for its fur and skin. They do have a natural oil which helps them to stay clean und healthy. However, if the dog is dirty then no choice. If it is not to bad you can use baking soda. Rub it thru the fur and brush it out. The smell and the dirt are gone. Easy and safe. In our climate here it is not always possible to follow that (to humid), so I use a wet towel to rub my dog clean. Last but not least, if you add some apple cider vinegar to the rinsing water then the dog will smell like your salad, has a healthier skin and ticks & flies don't like that either.

Spot-on product is safe and good, but you might have to use it every month, same time with heart guard makes it easier to remember. Remove ticks as fast as you discover them. Use a special tick pincer (easier for beginners) and twist while slowly pulling. Make sure that nothing left inside the dog, otherwise danger of infection. Ticks can survive for up to 2 years without blood, so once you have ticks inside the house, you have a long battle ahead.

GSD
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2005, 4:05 AM

Post #33 of 92 (22787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ok..... I try to 'fix' the problem. Smile

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 10, 2005, 3:12 AM

Post #34 of 92 (22771 views)
Shortcut

My Bobby bath 2 twice a week at least....once on wednesday on once after JT..sometime he bath 3 time a week because of the weather..
Bobby is a one kind dog, if he is too hot or dirty or long time never bath, he mogok..show sad and chai leong face..sometime mogok dont want to eat...
So 2 time a week is must of my Bobby San..

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2005, 4:56 PM

Post #35 of 92 (22765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course, all dogs are unique and the conditions are different too. In Europe, you would probably never bath your dog and it would be fine. In Malaysia, the humidity and heat takes its toll on the skin and fur and you have to bath your dog in regular intervals.

Said that, I still believe that it is generally not good for the dogs skin and fur and dog owners should be cautious – not about the water but about the soap/shampoo.

If you would let him jump into the sea (around PD?) and rinse with fresh water afterwards, he might be very happy and hungry without having his usual bath and it is fun too. We are getting lots of spectators whenever we are at the beach.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 10, 2005, 7:24 PM

Post #36 of 92 (22762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

To let him jump out to the sea area such as PD..i have to drive 1 hours...i think i dont have the stamina to drive him 1 hours just for a bath..LaughLaugh
That why i use shampoo as mild as possible...but as you know it still not good but it has to be done that whySmile

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2005, 9:28 PM

Post #37 of 92 (22753 views)
Shortcut

Sure, that is entirely up to you.

I don’t drive to PD every weekend but it is a nice activity and we enjoy it very much. The dog can play fetch, swim and dig as much as he likes. Of course, Leonberger dogs have great love for water and have webbed paws that makes them excellent swimmers.

Basically, I tried to caution everyone about the usage of shampoo and the risk of damaging the sensitive ph-level. Anyway, you seem to know about the problem and you are taking well care of it.

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 11, 2005, 11:50 PM

Post #38 of 92 (22736 views)
Shortcut

Only weeksly or twice a week. I cant bath sidney everyday bcs his fur will not be as silky as last time.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 12, 2005, 5:27 PM

Post #39 of 92 (22730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] How often you bath your dog ? [In reply to] Can't Post

True enough...if not, sidney will not be silky anymore..turn out to be a brushy...then not nice liao....Smile

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 12, 2005, 8:29 PM

Post #40 of 92 (22729 views)
Shortcut

Then i wouldnt say his moto

Who is cute, who is fluffy and who is fatUnimpressed. He's always 2 fluffy for us 2 handle but when he gets excited, he'll chew his own fur until got 1 empty patchSly

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 12, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #41 of 92 (22728 views)
Shortcut

this is the first time i heard a dog will do that....that is so funny of sidney..LaughLaugh

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 12, 2005, 10:09 PM

Post #42 of 92 (22727 views)
Shortcut

Sidney memeang like these 1. He chew until got 1 botak patch(true) and then the skin red oledi.

I dunno this but my mum said that sid sid got rashesUnimpressed

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 13, 2005, 8:16 PM

Post #43 of 92 (22713 views)
Shortcut

rashes?? the dog will be very itch if got rashes...then maybe you should botak sidney...Tongue

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 15, 2005, 1:38 AM

Post #44 of 92 (22708 views)
Shortcut

I dont want him to be like Winne's Euro. She shaved her dog until pink coloured dog. Note 2 yourself, dogs have pink skinUnimpressed

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 15, 2005, 6:49 PM

Post #45 of 92 (22700 views)
Shortcut

no i was just joking on shaving...dog dont look nice without their hair...too odd...

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 16, 2005, 2:09 AM

Post #46 of 92 (22683 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

I wouldnt do that to Sidney! I dont even want to see him w/o fur. If his fur dissapear, i'll put on his clothing(baby clothes) when the next dog fun day eventSly

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 16, 2005, 6:57 PM

Post #47 of 92 (22672 views)
Shortcut

smart....ya sidney might look too ugly without fur..leave it one...the hair suit sidney better...

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 18, 2005, 10:03 PM

Post #48 of 92 (22639 views)
Shortcut

The fur doesnt suite him. My mum wants his colour to be gold so good feng shui. Shud have get a golden retriver at the first place(but mum wont like big dogs)

I want his fur to look nice,silky, straight and shiny. But i kept messing his fur and tied it like a long fur monkeyUnimpressed

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 19, 2005, 4:17 AM

Post #49 of 92 (22633 views)
Shortcut

why not learn grooming so you can tie sidney hair nicer??
There are plenty of small dog with gold hair..example..pomerian

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 19, 2005, 7:46 PM

Post #50 of 92 (22629 views)
Shortcut

There's 1 opposite, but the pomoranion yaps too much until i must yell quietUnimpressedthen she only keeps quiet.

It's my mum which 1 a silky at the first place. Sidney was really evil last time when we brought him at the breeder's homeUnimpressed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my