Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia
Yes for both
No for both
Ban Tail Docking, Ear Cropping Acceptable
Ban Ear Cropping, Tail Docking Acceptable
Not Sure
View Results (436 votes)

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 23, 2003, 5:50 AM

Post #1 of 89 (62056 views)
Shortcut
In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia Can't Post

Ear Cropping and Tail Docking has been banned in many european countries. In your opinion, do you think the same should be banned in Malaysia or not. Please vote and also tell us your view on this topic.

I would love to see Doberman and Rottweiler with tail. Oh yes, how will a Mini Schnauzer look like with longer tail.

Cheers

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Jun 25, 2003, 2:10 PM)

drew
ALPHA

Jun 23, 2003, 6:15 AM

Post #2 of 89 (62041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

when the vet docked the puppies' tails ... heard them shouting, crying ... dem pain ! imagine if this happen to human .. the we gotta crop our ears ... (err, look like elve ? Tongue) dock our ... errrr, nothing to dock tho ! Tongue against it ... it's painful ... same as microchipping ... also painful .. the needle is so SO SO thick !Frown

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 23, 2003, 6:23 AM

Post #3 of 89 (62040 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Apart from pain, tail is widely used by dog as a tool as communication among dogs.

mackmack
Doggyman

Jun 23, 2003, 7:57 AM

Post #4 of 89 (62035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely a YES from me.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 23, 2003, 9:30 AM

Post #5 of 89 (62026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

what's the point of docking the tails and ears anyway? i mean, why does some dogs have to crop, and some doesn't???

based on the letter from MKA that day, aside from ear cropping, tail docking, it was also mentioned that MSAVA also requested MKA to discourage member to perform these on dogs :

1. Devocalisation
2. Declawing and defanging

can anyone please explain how are these done??? i haven't heard of devocalisation +defanging before.

regards,
hunter

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jun 23, 2003, 9:33 AM

Post #6 of 89 (62024 views)
Shortcut

A big YES from me...and BAN to cutting the vocal cords of dogs. These ppl are so cruel. Mad

Mr. Khoo, they uses their tail to communicate? that i did not knowBlush

cherygan
Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2003, 6:49 PM

Post #7 of 89 (62008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

A 'YES' from me ,but i dont think those show guys will love to have thier Rotty with long tail or maybe Boxer with a long tail too. I think its oki to dock thier tail when they are born, as it wont hurt as much when they get older, but ear cropping will be painful for those poor kids.

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Jun 23, 2003, 8:08 PM

Post #8 of 89 (62001 views)
Shortcut

Hi Khoo

I think it should be ban .... poor thing ... I actually heard from a fren last time this ppl did illegal tail docking by tying rubber ban on a small puppy and when there is no blood circulation to the end of the tail , eventually the tail will drop ..... UnimpressedUnimpressed and also cutting it off when it is still a puppy. Not sure how true it is but this is so so cruel ......

Anyway, I support the ban cos I love dogs tail ... hee hee especially those with lots lots of fur ....

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 23, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #9 of 89 (61997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherygan] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, a Rottie or Boxer with long tail was how they were born to be. Smile Docking the tail "enhances" the look of the breed, and making us humans "used" to seeing a Rottie with a docked tail, for example.

I'm against docking and cropping too because it's pitiful to see the puppies in a state of pain. Worst still, because of the human's preference for the way they should look, this opens up to the possibility of many irresponsible ppl who perform the 'surgery' the cruel way. ie the rubber band example, if it's true they do it Mad

Anyway, individual dogs are born to look a certain way. I'm just wondering why would the show judges prefer rotties with docked tail when they naturally have one??

yumiko_masaki
ALPHA

Jun 23, 2003, 9:04 PM

Post #10 of 89 (61994 views)
Shortcut

FrownFrown i really don't agree in tail docking andear cropping and ithink it should be banned ...

it's really painful .. i think most of us will feel pain even a single small cut .... looks at those little ears and tails being cut ... it will be much more painful than that 10 times more ...

my uncle's friend who owns 4 minpin, and he uses rubber bands to cut off the little minpin tails .. it so cruel... i can't even bear to hear them crying... FrownFrown just try to think in the minpin shoes ? whatif were them ??? will they love being cut their ears and tails ??

tomatodog
Novice

Jun 23, 2003, 9:43 PM

Post #11 of 89 (61987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

ya...band band...
so "Kasian" to see those dog with tail dockking and ear cropping....they "sakit" 1 lah.....

I thing many of use also "tak sanggup" see those dog in pain....right

so band band.

hennychang
Novice

Jun 24, 2003, 6:40 AM

Post #12 of 89 (61959 views)
Shortcut

Frownsilly question ???

y not your question is In your opinion, if doggy is our Master and we Human is their pets should tail docking and ear cropping in HUMAN Being be ban in Malaysia??

for me is yes pls ban it.

but if our doggy Master allow human tail docking and ear cropping and will not ban, then I will not ban it.Unsure

CoolSmile

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 24, 2003, 7:16 AM

Post #13 of 89 (61951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hennychang] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately docking of tail and cropping of ear has been practised till today by many breeder and some vet even perform devocalization procedure. Officially, these are still not banned in Malaysia but there has been a lot of discussion lately on whether Malaysia should follow some countries in europe to institute banning of tail docking, ear cropping and devocalization in dog. It is always good to know the views of dog lovers.

Cheers

Bubbles
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2003, 7:29 AM

Post #14 of 89 (61947 views)
Shortcut

If I were the breeder, I wouldn't do these kind of things to the dogs. What right do we have to torture them, just because we can control them? The standard of any breeder should be its natural being, not after any human manipulation!!! But not only animals are suffering in this world, humans are too. What can we do to make it a more peaceful place?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 24, 2003, 7:32 AM

Post #15 of 89 (61946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi EVE,

Dogs wag their tails to express their happiness and more..... I though that is pretty common. When one dog meet another dog, they too wag their tail to welcome each other. In the case of dogs without tail, this can not be achieved and the two dogs may end up fighting.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jun 24, 2003, 5:27 PM

Post #16 of 89 (61935 views)
Shortcut

Hi Khoo,

Is it better to separate this poll into 2 diff polls. .. one for tail docking , one for ear cropping ?

Smile

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 25, 2003, 2:11 PM

Post #17 of 89 (61916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Poll modified. Thanks for the suggestion

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jul 1, 2003, 2:15 AM

Post #18 of 89 (61871 views)
Shortcut

i think it might be better if the breeders don't do anything to the puppies and let the buyers to decide if they want the things to be done. and if those new owner wish to do so, they must seek only for the qualified doctor and certified on the cert or something like that?? for tail docking, i know that the earlier, the better. so this might doesn't work for tail docking......

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2003, 9:29 PM

Post #19 of 89 (61858 views)
Shortcut

Hi Khoo! I don't think that this may be so much the case. I had 2 Doberman back home and when we took in another Doberman (also with nipped tail), it didn't seem to affect their bonding. In fact, it was my Pappilon, Charlie (with full tail) that seem to object to our new arrival. Then again, it could be because he's really spoiled and loves to challenge the other dogs (inspite of his puny size).

So I think that although tails play a part in animal behavior, their personality actually adds major points in their relationships to both animals and humans.

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2003, 9:42 PM

Post #20 of 89 (61856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherygan] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you that tail docking and ear cropping should be allowed only when the pups are still young (they recuperate a lot faster at this age). However, grown dogs should NOT go through this experience.

Speaking of which, some people actually go through "self-mutilation" to enhance their own appearance (i.e. body piercings, tattoos, wearing stilletto heels), or even for religious purposes (i.e. walking over flaming hot coals, even circumcision).

However, people do it out of their own free will, our fur kids do not have the ability to let us know if they want to snip it or not.

Even though I may agree to tail docking and ear cropping at a young age, I am of the opinion that declawing and cutting off vocal chords should be banned in Malaysia and every where else.

(This post was edited by quinalona on Jul 1, 2003, 9:45 PM)

quinalona
Dog Kichi

Jul 1, 2003, 9:58 PM

Post #21 of 89 (61852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

You're right that dogs were born to look a certain way. Dog show judges giving higher points to Rotties with docked tails is the same as a beauty contestant winning the pagent because she has the "right look".

However, some dog's appearances were altered because they served a particular purpose. Take for instance the poodle. They don't have that fancy haircut for beauty. Poodles were originally hunting dogs and the cut made it easier for them to do their jobs without having to get tangled in the brush or be wieghed down by the extra hair (especially when they got wet). As for dobermans, I can only hypothesize that since they were bred to be guard dogs, the look made them seem more fierce. I mean, dogs with docked tails do look less friendly, ya? As for the ear cropping, I have been told that it helps them to hear better. I don't know if this is true tho.

arthur
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 1:30 AM

Post #22 of 89 (61843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there!

I've read somewhere that certain breeds had their ears cropped and tail docked to give them a winning edge in the brutal sport of dog fighting. Cropped ears are much smaller than the natural floppy ears, less flesh for the opponent dog to bite. Similiarly for the long tail.

And yes, the poddle cut is serves a function like you said. The poms (tufts of hair) protect the leg joints at the knees and the kidneys on the body.

Thks for sharing!

Rdgs Arthur

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 2, 2003, 6:11 AM

Post #23 of 89 (61837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

It is always great to see the view and opinion of others. Cheers

ymon
Novice

Jul 5, 2003, 7:17 AM

Post #24 of 89 (61815 views)
Shortcut

I am not sure about ear cropping. I have a Rottweiler which is docked tail when we got her. I think there was an article mentioned that the Rottweiler is a guard (working) dog, it will be more harm to keep the tail on them so it is better to docked the tail to avoid future injuries, is it true? And of course should only dock it when they were very young. Blush

snowflake
Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2003, 7:44 AM

Post #25 of 89 (61814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ymon] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hihi,

Actually u can always saw ear cropped doggie, especially Doberman n Boxer, i think most of the breeders crop their ear to make it stand so they'll look more alert n smart. I think

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my