Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia
Yes for both
No for both
Ban Tail Docking, Ear Cropping Acceptable
Ban Ear Cropping, Tail Docking Acceptable
Not Sure
View Results (436 votes)

liswarhol
ALPHA

Nov 27, 2003, 8:49 PM

Post #76 of 89 (39523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehello…

to me tail docking and ear cropping should be banned from the beginning. this is more of the society's choice and not the dogs…think RSPCA doing a good job campaigning on these issues.

so many dogs suffered going through these so called meet the standard and beautifying surgeries. vets should also inform and make clear (be honest) to customers.

animals and dog welfare here should put their feet into these issues too.

Smile

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2004, 5:08 PM

Post #77 of 89 (39178 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

yes for both

i love to see dogs with their natural look

plz no tail docking it's very painful to them Frown

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2004, 5:16 PM

Post #78 of 89 (39178 views)
Shortcut

Cropping ears and docking tails is not a proof of love!

Ear cropping isn't being taught in most of the veterinary colleges. The majority of those vets who do crop do a horrible job! They seem to know three patterns: small, medium, and large. Far worse are those puppy mill owners who just whack off ears and tails on baby puppies. These results fill pet shops!

Refuse buying a dog with cropped ears and docked tail!

Other countries can't be wrong to outlaw ear cropping and tail docking. How much longer will it take to be illegal in Indonesia? Some of us may not live long enough to see that day, to rewrite breed standards, to breed dogs with complete, elegant headpieces that do not require defacement to win trophies - or to bring higher sale prices.

more at http://www.doggiesparadise.com/earcropping.shtml

ruby_sushi

Nov 19, 2004, 6:23 PM

Post #79 of 89 (39039 views)
Shortcut

Yes...pls ban it for both . My poor Sushi's tail kena docked too b4 I bought her. I can imagine the pain my lil Sushi suffered from there.

What is the standard of beauty? with the tail docking and ear cropping? Oh no.....it's the natural beauty.!!

Ruby & Sushi

osmpam
Novice

Feb 14, 2005, 12:21 AM

Post #80 of 89 (38700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [quinalona] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

ear cropping definitely does not help in the doggy's hearing, not until someone on earth can produce a scientifically proven report on it. ;)

cheers..

cute_doggy7
Dog Kichi

Feb 14, 2005, 3:14 AM

Post #81 of 89 (38695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osmpam] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

can i pls know what is ear cropping and tail docking?

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jun 6, 2005, 5:34 AM

Post #82 of 89 (38491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ruby_sushi] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Ello

Taking my stand on the fact we shud not try to alter what God as created... unless in unavoidable situation such as accidents & health problems...

My Ladee & Ruyi also had their tails docked by breeders as pups... must admit though, if they have had the original lenght, donno how they look like. .. Crazy

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 11, 2005, 7:25 AM

Post #83 of 89 (38477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Cropping of ears and docking of tails: For Dobermans, god has nothing to do with it as it was a man made dog and beside the first one seen in England had cropped ears and docked tail. It took a man years to perfect a specific dog and now some so call dog lover comes along and say no to all this is just paln ludicrous.

As for reasons, at three days old the pup would not know what has happened to it's tail. I have tied a litter of Weimers for a friend on the third day and by the fifth day the tails have already healed. For ears, I know for a fact that there are no if not hardly feelings in them as I have dug my finger nails into my pup fairly hard and it did not even move if it did I would not have cropped it's ears and beside it only takes about seven to ten days for it to heal. The discomfort is only when one needs to bind it up but they do get use to it after a while so in short it does not matter. Please note pain and discomfort is two different thing and beside I am only referring to Dobermans and not Boxers and Danes.

Since on the subject, DEVOCALISING, blame the owner who has no incling the breed of dogs he or she is buying as all toy and terriers and rush dogs bark alot at nothing because they are bred to do that eg, Cocker, Beagle.

Gundogs, Retriever type dogs do not bark all the time, at the end of the day is does one know what one is getting, besides if you cannot teach your dog when and when not to bark, your training systems "sucks".

Hence I do support the Cropping of Ears and Docking of tails for Dobermans only and Docking of tails for most pointers type dogs.

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 11, 2005, 11:48 PM

Post #84 of 89 (38471 views)
Shortcut

I dont want to see or feel the dogs get hurt or being tortured. I just want them to be themselves

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 1:36 PM

Post #85 of 89 (37878 views)
Shortcut

It should be banned. There is no reason for pain and cruelty for cosmetic purposes or should I say for human pleasure/viewing. I love yorkies with long tails and got no problem with it.

sbt
Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2007, 9:34 AM

Post #86 of 89 (37868 views)
Shortcut

Yes, an old issue. But it should be ban.

Human come out with lots of rationalization to continued this cruelty to animals.

To conformed to whose standard of aesthetic appearance?

In fact if we see a dog without tail we should think that is unnatural not the other way round. Vets should counsels again it and not thinking of making money only. The tails has many functions, go read up and you will find.

myzanordin
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2007, 8:50 PM

Post #87 of 89 (37549 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yumiko_masaki] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hai,

From your pic, I think you have a min pin there? I have 2, one boy and a girl. Its quite hard to find one with min pin. Even during my dog training, my boy is the only min pin around among hundreds of student.

Would like to get to know min. pin owner and hopefully have one min. pin club...What do you think?

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 2, 2007, 2:15 AM

Post #88 of 89 (34692 views)
Shortcut

YES! definitely should be banned.

Vic Tea
Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2008, 6:32 AM

Post #89 of 89 (29362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snowflake] In your opinion, should Tail Docking and Ear Cropping in dog be ban in Malaysia [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my