First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

vinnie
Novice

Jun 26, 2003, 11:44 PM

Post #26 of 27 (360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [comel23] HiYa from the Windy City [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Welcome to this website Vinnie and Kira ....

I hope you don't mind if I ask you about the quarantine procedures and the cost of transporting Kira? I might take my Comel to Canada if the cost is reasonable. Thanks and I hope to meet you at Kota Kemuning.

lilie@comel23

Quarantine procedures differ by country. I had to call the Malaysian embassy from Chicago to find out abt importing Kira into Malaysia and then contact the vetirinary services division in Malaysia to get import papers. On top of that I also had to get a her uptodate on all shots, a health inspection within 7 days of travel and also make arrangements for her airline travel ( crate,medication etc)

The airline u choose to travel with really depends on if they will accomadate Comel. Some US airlines have block dates that are in affect in summer, meaning somewhere between may and sept they will not fly an animal in their cargo because of the high temperature.

I had to pay around 300 US for Kira's flight ticket from chicago to malaysia using MAS. Also quarantine charges in Malaysia for one week.

My advise to u is to first call the Canadian embassy and find out their import restrictions and quarantine procedures if any . If you are going only for a short time then it might not be so advisable to travel with COMEL taking into account the quarantine time frame as well as the whole flying experience.

Good luck !

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2003, 6:33 AM

Post #27 of 27 (351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinnie] HiYa from the Windy City [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Vinnie,

Welcome to the forum.

Eve

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my