rotty lover

rochinur
New User

May 14, 2009, 2:01 AM

Post #1 of 8 (903 views)
Shortcut
rotty lover Can't Post

just wanna say hai....
i love rottweiler and i'm a proud owner of 2 lovely rotty.
oleta 1yr old and boy 6 month old

globalnomad
Novice

May 30, 2009, 5:08 PM

Post #2 of 8 (868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rochinur] rotty lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I lost my hearts for rotties too! Our SHEEBA is such a sweetheart. She's 14 month old and we will bring her with us to KL in coming Nov./December. I am NEW in this forum (registered today), but I read already many postings. Being retired, I live with my wife since two years in Costa Rica (coming from the USA and Germany), but we are planning to move to Malaysia this year. Reason for that is, that we got an offer from our adopted son to take care of his two Condos in KL (one is vacant), because he returned to Germany. Of course, we will do this with pleasureSmile

On the other hand we are worried about SHEEBA, who is spending her young life here in Costa Rica with lots of freedom and affection. Adeline, my wife, is a former Singapore native (lived with me over 38 years in Germany and the US) and she told me that I might be very shocked about how some people will approach our dog.

SHEEBA is for us a FAMILY member and I am worried. I know also that KL is definitely the wrong place for a big dog. This will NOT be like Atlanta, where there is a wonderful fenced section for dogs in the Piedmont Park. And, there are no side walks in KL. Crazy traffic too. Etc., etc..

I would appreciate EVERY valuable information, where to walk our pet in safety and where we can meet dog lovers in KL.

Best regards,

Bert

Sashan
Enthusiast

May 30, 2009, 6:02 PM

Post #3 of 8 (865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [globalnomad] rotty lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear, are you planning to live in the condo? Thats going to be a problem as most condo's don't allow pets. Some people manage to smuggle their pet in, but its usually a small sized one that can be hidden. Not sure how you can get a rottie into a condo unobserved

alisonytt
Novice

Jun 10, 2009, 8:08 AM

Post #4 of 8 (806 views)
Shortcut

Hi, globalnomad

I'm having a golden retriever, 7 months and a labrador, 7 years old. Recently, looking for rottweiler also. Wink

Damansara, Bandar Utama got 1 park called Central park is dog friendly one. Besides, you can view http://www.puppy.com.my/.../gforum.cgi?forum=43; Inside got all dog friendly places.

globalnomad
Novice

Jun 10, 2009, 8:28 AM

Post #5 of 8 (801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alisonytt] rotty lover [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

thank you very much for your info!

Are you living in a Condo? If yes, with the permission for your dogs?

We still don't know whether we can bring our Sheeba into the Condo of our friend.

Its location is very fancy, just across the Twin Towers.

Even for a short time, we wouldn't even think to give her to a boarding kennel,

after reading several horrifying reports.

alisonytt
Novice

Jun 10, 2009, 8:39 AM

Post #6 of 8 (797 views)
Shortcut

I'm not stay at condo. As i know, condo is not allow dog, especially large breed like rottweiler and so on. Besides, a lot of ppl afraid of GR also because of the size. People will think that large breed dog will bite ppl. It's a traditional mind of ppl overhere. They don't know the personality of different breed as well.

If you really hope to keep rottweiler, I think you might need to find terrace house. Apartment/Condo got restriction. Or mayb u can try to call the management of the condo you're going to move and try to ask abt this issue.

globalnomad
Novice

Jun 10, 2009, 8:56 AM

Post #7 of 8 (795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alisonytt] rotty lover [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, indeed, because most people don't no better.

We will stay only a short while in KL (avoiding big cities usually) and then moving into a house with garden on Penang Island. For the Condo: I will try to shrink Sheeba, haha.

If you want to keep in touch, my email is: bhunermund . Pictures are always welcome!

We had also a Labrador, Jack Russel and a Boxer before.

Our Billy (JR) became 18 years old!

Have a great day!

(This post was edited by globalnomad on Jun 10, 2009, 8:59 AM)

acsyen
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 10, 2009, 3:56 PM

Post #8 of 8 (786 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

For the location you are going to stay in I am very sure they will not allow dogs. I think it would be better if you can get your house in Pg as soon as possible. I find Penang is a bit more dog friendly maybe cos there are more chinese there. I am from Penang myself. However in KL/PJ the vets are better here.

~Nature's Way: Raw Food for Health ~

~ Pet ID Tags: A MUST For Every Pet! ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my