Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:

yellowmanta
New User

Feb 6, 2006, 8:34 PM

Post #1 of 5 (270 views)
Shortcut
New member Can't Post

Hello every 1,

Just joined the club. I 'inherited' a pure bred mongrel from my kids. It's 1 of 3 surviving pups of a litter of 10 that a stray delivered in my neighbour's last Sep. The rest unfortunately died at birth or due to subsequent exposure to the elements. My kids were attracted to the cuteness of little puppies and pestered the parents for permission to adopt. As always, they got less interested as the pup grew and so here I am, now proud owner of a 5-mth old mongrel which has gotten very attached to me. It was supposed to be mostly white with only the ears and eyes black and a slash of black on its bottom. Now looks like black spots are sprouting up everywhere. The vet says maybe he's got Dalmatian blood! Will post a pic soon.

Hope to get lots of tips from the very interesting forum going on here. Learnt about this site after reading about that dog day afternoon at Central park in BU.

Cheers and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

deronwoo
K9 Maniac

Feb 6, 2006, 11:17 PM

Post #2 of 5 (255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yellowmanta] New member [In reply to] Can't Post

well, hellolike to welcome u to the forum, tt's natural for parent to pick up the lost interest of their kids pets or hobby, anyway, fr yr description,of yr dog, it will turn out beautiful, hav a wonderful time, hope to see some pic.

me-n-my-million-dollar.blogspot.com

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 7, 2006, 2:04 AM

Post #3 of 5 (242 views)
Shortcut

yellowmanta

wow, the dog is lucky to get to you & you are lucky to get ur dog too! welcome to the forum & do tell us a lot abt ur dog. I'm an owner of 2 cute maltese (^_^) nice to meet you here.

By the way if u have msn, feel free to add me at:

t.h.e._.l.i.t.t.l.e._.m.o.n.k.(at)h.o.t.m.a.i.l.com. (ignore the dots) Tongue

Regards,

Yang

yellowmanta
New User

Feb 7, 2006, 6:06 AM

Post #4 of 5 (235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] New member [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Deronwoo and Leecy,
Thks for responding to my post. Hopefully my lil pup will grow up into a beautiful dog. BTW, my kids named him Rocky becoz his 2 black eyes reminded them of Rocky the boxer all bashed up after a fight. Have added a pic of him to my profile. That was taken when he was 2 months old I think.
Have gone thru many of the threads here and notice that all ppl have pedigree dogs. Yet to come across any other mongrels. Must have caused you folks quite a bit acquiring your pure breeds? Not to mention the costs of all those vet visits. For a mongrel, I think I've spent quite a tidy bit already, most recently when I sent him to that pet hospital-cum-hotel over the CNY hols. Took the opp then to have him neutered. Dogs sure don't come cheap!
You ever heard that mongrels esp the Malaysian variety are very smart, esp street smart? Was in Amsterdam recently and noticed as many of the folks there kept mongrels as pure breeds.
Cheers
Pete

In Reply To

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 7, 2006, 7:49 PM

Post #5 of 5 (226 views)
Shortcut

yellowmanta

yah it is costful to own a dog, but with proper vaccinations & healthy food, you shall avoid some huge costs. well ther are quite a lot of mixed breed & mongrels owners here too, some even animal rescuers, so maybe you need to look through more of the threads Tongue

Regards,

Yang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my