Newbie on the Forum - looking for 2nd dog

teetwoh
New User

Mar 7, 2003, 5:29 PM

Post #1 of 15 (1168 views)
Shortcut
Newbie on the Forum - looking for 2nd dog Can't Post

Hello,

I have just signed up with this forum; have been keeping k9 friends for years, forced to give up for a few years for varioous reasons, and 2 years ago returned to keeping one (a mixed breed). I think we (my family and I) are ready for a second dog, mainly because we think Roy can use some company.

Have been thinking about a basset hound. Anyone has one? Share ur experience?

CheersSmile

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 7, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #2 of 15 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [teetwoh] Newbie on the Forum - looking for 2nd dog [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

welcome to the forum......Wink

regards
kangser and nous

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 7, 2003, 6:16 PM

Post #3 of 15 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [teetwoh] Newbie on the Forum - looking for 2nd dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi~ teetwohSmile

Nice to meet you here and welcome to the family!

Elly has abasset hound, Sasha! Guess she'll share with you later....

CHEERS~

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 7, 2003, 9:10 PM

Post #4 of 15 (1148 views)
Shortcut

Hello~!

Welcome to the forum~Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Mar 7, 2003, 9:30 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1146 views)
Shortcut

Hi teetwoh,

Welcome to the forum!

Have fun..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

jay_owl

Mar 7, 2003, 9:33 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1145 views)
Shortcut

Hello teetwoh,

welcome to this forum~~ just curious, y basset hound? i personally love their ears Smile

cheers

j Smile wong

teetwoh
New User

Mar 10, 2003, 5:04 PM

Post #7 of 15 (1137 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_owl] Newbie on the Forum - looking for 2nd dog [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
just curious, y basset hound? i personally love their ears Smile

Hi, Jay Owl

love their ears myself, but the bigger reason for a bh is that they're generally (1) great with kids, and (2) ok to be left alone - this is important to us because for the bigger part of most days, only the maid will be around.

And, we're in a link house, not too big a compound, so cant get a bigger dog.

Thanks for the welcome notes; forum seems very friendly (must be, seeing that it is for k9 lovers...Smile)
always a good boy,
teetwoh

jay_owl

Mar 10, 2003, 6:29 PM

Post #8 of 15 (1133 views)
Shortcut

ic... good luck to u, for finding a lovely n suitable one Smile

cheers

j Smile wong

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 11, 2003, 8:26 AM

Post #9 of 15 (1122 views)
Shortcut

Hiya ! Welcome to the forum !!! I personally love basset hound... they are really adorable.

cheers,
minglmy

Elly
ALPHA

Mar 11, 2003, 9:22 PM

Post #10 of 15 (1111 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I do have a basset hound by the of Sasha. A female basset, going to be one yr old soon (29/3).

Well, basically Basset is a very loving dog but then they are real stubborn. At least for mine, she is.

Sasha likes to touch people. Wherever she seat/sleep, she just like to touch you. Even her toe touches your toe, she'll be happy.Crazy then only she can sleep.

She sleeps in the room with us and my dane, Lady as well. She got her own mattress but then is share among she herself and Lady. Lady hates it when Sasha touches her, even the tail as well. Lady will growl the fella. But then the two love each other very much..... mmm...(SOMETIMES).Angelic

You are always welcome to drop by my house and visit them.Smile Then only u decide whether to get a basset or not.....cheers!

I can send you some photos if you want.

Elly

teetwoh
New User

Mar 13, 2003, 8:54 PM

Post #11 of 15 (1101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Newbie on the Forum - looking for 2nd dog [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
She sleeps in the room with us and my dane, Lady as well. I can send you some photos if you want.

Elly

Elly, good to know you are succeeding with your BH. Dane & BH...wow, what a combination!

I want a 2nd dog to keep Roy (2 year old mongrel) company. Roy is great with a wonderful personality. I understand BH is temperamentally very stable, and does not require close/constant atten. This is important as I'm not home most of the time. Can I leave a BH outdoor? And, yes, would love to see pics of your BH...
always a good boy,
teetwoh

May
Old Hand

Mar 14, 2003, 12:39 AM

Post #12 of 15 (1093 views)
Shortcut

Hi!!!

Welcome to the forum.

My friend did thought of getting a basset before he settled for a silky. According to him, basset tend to shed quite alot and the hair was all over the house. That set him off the idea having a basset.

Anyway, good luck in searching for your 2nd dog.

(This post was edited by May on Mar 14, 2003, 12:45 AM)

drew
ALPHA

Mar 14, 2003, 6:52 AM

Post #13 of 15 (1082 views)
Shortcut

hello,

welcome and have fun ~!

Wink

Elly
ALPHA

Mar 14, 2003, 7:46 AM

Post #14 of 15 (1081 views)
Shortcut

Hi Teetwoh,

Well, I would say different dogs different characters. Like mine, she is fine. She can be alone all by herself. But then, my friend's one just hate to be alone, the fella will bark non-stop.Crazy And they bark real loud!

oh....I need your email address so that I can send u my girls' pics.Wink Cant upload it here...the size is too big.

Elly

teetwoh
New User

Mar 14, 2003, 4:57 PM

Post #15 of 15 (1077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Newbie on the Forum - looking for 2nd dog [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like i may be taking a chance...may turn out to be one which absolutely will NOT be alone. But he/she wont really be alone; Roy's there, and Roy's a real good sport.

Anyway, Elly, please use tehth@hotmail.com for the pics; Thanks!
always a good boy,
teetwoh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my