Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!!

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 17, 2007, 3:18 AM

Post #1 of 18 (1009 views)
Shortcut
sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! Can't Post

Hi! I'm a beginner in having a dog as a pet. On 13/8/07, I bought my dream puppy home to become my new family member. He is a 2 months old St Bernard puppy. I named him ~~Kenji~~. He is so naughty and playful, and not listen to command at all. Althought I've spend 3 days to guild him on the pee and poo but still seems like no outcome at all. Despite all these troublesome he brought to me, I still love him so much. He is so cute and look so innocent. I think soon in future I'll be proud of him. We are from JB and welcome everyone to exchange and share experience with this first-time puppy owner.
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

kien29
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2007, 6:44 PM

Post #2 of 18 (995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleeping beauty] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Welcome welcome... Frown

I totally understand your situation now.. when i first brought back Rossi when he was only 2mths old.. i purposely took 3 days off.. just to accompany him and toilet train him.. i hardly sleep at night.. and every 1 hour, i need to mop the floor.. cause he either pee or poo.. but one thing i can say is that it takes time to train a pup.. patient is very important.. and never give up..

right now.. am proud to say that my Rossi..he knows where to pee n poo after 10 days with us.. and now at age 6 mth, he never pee n poo inside the house.. he will have his walkies.. 3-4 times a day for him to relieve himself... and he fix his poo poo time.... hahahah.. he will poo in the morning before i go to work.. and at night around 9pm... so it's so much easier for me..

Anyway.. have fun and enjoy every moment with your furkid...

** kien **

Frown Welcome to Rossi's blog Frown

my_crystal929
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2007, 8:30 PM

Post #3 of 18 (990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sleeping beauty] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there welcome!!

St. bernard puppy is large breed dog, not easy to handle. I hav alaskan malamute, 6 mths plus, vry hyper and naughty. but i do send her for training. She is damn stuborn, no treats no talks!Frown ha.. i do agree with kien, from the 1st day i brought her until 4 mths, i was still cleaning up her pee poo at least 10 time/days as i kept her inside my house. But now i put her at the car porch (when somebody around) and she will do her "business" there, easier for me to clean up. ha.. your little baby boy still 2 mths old and hav his teething period soon, by that time, be prepare urself facing "biting mark" on your hand and legs.. ha... gud luck!

crystal & roxy

myzanordin
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2007, 8:54 PM

Post #4 of 18 (982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kien29] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Kien,

You guys are lucky! When we got Brenda, BAsco was 5 mths old.At that time, his was already toilet trained.Then Brenda, came in the picture , everything goes hay wire...Brenda till today, hardly do her business in the toilet. And guess what, Basco followed her foot step, soon after..

Then now, come Pluto, the rescue dog, 4 mths old. Wahhh..earlier, he manage to impress us. Do business in toilet, wor !!! Now ...everyone, followed Brenda....everywhere and anywhere .

Basco is now one year old. I hope he will be matured enuff to learn....and still teaching Brenda and Pluto...never give up ! We try not to practise the hard way, still talk to them nicely or a strern Bad Dog ! or Naughty Dog !..Still ...

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 17, 2007, 8:54 PM

Post #5 of 18 (982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kien29] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Kien & Crystal! Ya I know time is the most important element to train a puppy. So sad to tell, my dear Kenji having foot infection this morning, I bought him to the vet just now, luckily not very serious. --Frown I'm so worried of him. But he is still active and playful make me feel more release. the vet give him 2 injection, i feel more painful than him...FrownFrownFrown

Ha ha, after reading u guys case, I found him not so stupid... hehe... maybe this is what I need to go through. I'll try my best to guild him and thanks for support from u guys...

Crystal... How much it cost you to send ur Roxy for training and where and how they train it? I heard that the training is very cruel, izzit?

Sleeping beauty and lovely Kenji
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

goofydip
Veteran

Aug 17, 2007, 9:09 PM

Post #6 of 18 (978 views)
Shortcut

woooo....i big big breed u have!!!! hehehe...but actually they are cute in a way too...

toilet train makes me crazy too... when I had goofy, he was 8 months old and not potty trained at all... I cracked my head teaching him... but now ok!!! very good..all u need is just time time time and patience of course!

anyway..welcome welcome to the big big family

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 17, 2007, 9:20 PM

Post #7 of 18 (977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha Ha, you r so patient, having so many puppies. I only have 1 st Bernard already surrender, I still have a long way to learn how to take care of him. I'll only get the 2nd one when I really can handle him very well. hehe

Good luck
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 17, 2007, 9:23 PM

Post #8 of 18 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Goofydip,

How long have u been training him? and how u did it?

~ Please also refer to my post on working group forum~.

Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

kien29
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2007, 9:34 PM

Post #9 of 18 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [myzanordin] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha.. having so many dogs at home not easy huh... hehehe.. coz one start peeing everywhere.. every doggie start to follow coz they can smell the old stain of the pee, thinking that that place is to pee lor.. hmm.. suggest u buy those ammonia removal spray to clean the smell of their pee or using homemade cat/dog urine odor removal recipe (Baking Soda, White Vinegar, Dishwashing Detergent & 3 % Hydrogen Peroxide).. this will keep your Brenda and others to go back to pee on that spot again..

Anyway.. i think u are good enough to know how to train your pup.. since u got lot of experiences from them.. hahah..

Good luck ya.. oh my Rossi is a NAUGHTY DOG!!

** kien **

goofydip
Veteran

Aug 17, 2007, 9:45 PM

Post #10 of 18 (973 views)
Shortcut

i stay where i work... so i needn't take leave to potty train him, hehehe..

we are only separated by this door.. last time i put him in the playpen... when I got him, he's still a pup and in cameron quite cooling, so he sleep most of the time. So, everytime i saw him wake up, I'll run him to the toilet, wait till he do his biz, then give him treat and put him back to the playpen... after 2 to 3 hours, put him toilet again, if he do biz, give treat again lo.. but early morning still got him pee or poo in the playpen... he seems couldn't tahan the night...and sometimes, he still pee or poo inside his playpen on day times...so I let him into the toilet real frequent lo, if he do biz there, he'll get the treat, if no, no treat... after 2 months, one day, i tried to let him free in the living room, see whether would he go to the toilet himself, and bingo, he go by himself... sometimes still accident ga, once i caught him redhanded he made accidents, I'll give a small whack on his butt, and bring him to the toilet and said 'TOILET HERE, TOILET HERE'... hehehe... after around one more month, accidents free liao... hehehehe

Tongue My Friendster Tongue

Frown Welcome to Goofy's Blog Frown

"don't be angry at me for long & don't lock me up as punishment. you have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have U"---from a doggie's voice

kien29
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2007, 9:48 PM

Post #11 of 18 (973 views)
Shortcut

Oh.. puppy.com provide training course... that is where crystal bring her Roxy for training.. is in Taman Desa, Old Klang Road.. normally they charge at RM150.00 if you sign up yourself as a puppy.com member at RM50.00 /yr.. all together RM200.00 lor...

The training provided by puppy.com is based on 1 trainer to few puppy (from 7 - 10 or mayb more).. TOGETHER with the owner.. this is not a dumping training ground where u just chuck your Kenji to the trainer and let them train your dog.. u have to involve yourself in.. and learn together with you pup since you are the one who facing him from day to day..and u r the one who give command to him..

So, overall i think is good to enrol your Kenji to the puppy obedience class.. is on every Sunday. U can read more on http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/

everyone is friendly there and u can socialize with the rest of the dog owner and Kenji with other doggies..

But i tell u hor.. my Rossi is so naughty and stoopid that he being kicked out from the class. hahaha.. mayb at that time he is still young and playful.. keep wanted to play with other doggies.. Please only bring your dog out after he completed his 3 courses vacination..

** kien **

myzanordin
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2007, 10:45 PM

Post #12 of 18 (966 views)
Shortcut

Blushname it..I tried everything ..sudah. Berbotol-botol can display kat rumah. From there, I tried organic/nartural product pulak. Vinegar, lemon...semua tak jalan ...Pirate. But now, kurang sikitlah..when angin baik, they will go toilet...but, still, m patience...and give them time lor...In the meantime, jadik maid lor !!Crazy

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 18, 2007, 11:03 PM

Post #13 of 18 (919 views)
Shortcut

Ha Ha, is your rossi the only i who being kicked out of the class? or this is common? when I browse through puppy.com i also noted that training course, but i stay in jb so hardly attend to that. i'm trying to guild him by myself but if it still doesnt work, then i have to send him for training.

but now, he is better, at least he do his business at the nearer place that i wanted it to be. but sometimes still got exception. maybe because he is still playful...

anyway thanks for your info, btw, where u stay?
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 18, 2007, 11:06 PM

Post #14 of 18 (918 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kien... Do you mean spay the removal on the place other than where i wanted him to pee and poo?
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 18, 2007, 11:13 PM

Post #15 of 18 (917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goofydip] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Goofy, I also tried the same way, when he did it right so i reward him with a biscuit. but the place i want it to pee and poo is near the garden, so everytime he wanted to walk to the grass and do his biz there. then i pull him back each time and accompany him there, but he though i want to play with him and dun wan do biz already. sign... Unsure i also dunno how. only once a while i accompany him he will do it , but higher prob when my hubby do it, cause he scare of my hubby, but always bully me. i scared next time when he grown up, i mati loh...

Sleeping beauty & Kenji
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

rikimaru
Novice

Aug 20, 2007, 2:54 AM

Post #16 of 18 (891 views)
Shortcut

What a breed u got there

Really love to have one in the future after getting a bigger house.

Kenji is a male St bernard right? Must be real big

Okay u can

rikimaru
Novice

Aug 20, 2007, 2:58 AM

Post #17 of 18 (891 views)
Shortcut

Wat a breed u got there

Wish i could have one in the future after i get a bigger house

Kenji is a male st bernard rite? Must be real big when grow up liao

when kenji grew big liao, u no need to buy pillow anymore and save more money

Hug it when u sleep everynight

sleeping beauty
Novice

Aug 23, 2007, 12:41 AM

Post #18 of 18 (802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rikimaru] sleeping beauty & kenji say HI to everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

haha, but i think i can't throughout the night if i hug him, because my hubby got nose sentitive. anyway, i'm afraid i couln't handle or control him when he grew up

we r from jb, where r u from?

do u know any pets gathering around jb?
Sleeping Beauty & Kenji

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my