Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Newbie here just bought a toy poodle

drken80
Novice

Jan 9, 2008, 1:48 AM

Post #1 of 11 (614 views)
Shortcut
Newbie here just bought a toy poodle Can't Post

Hello everyone , I new here first time posting . I so happy to have a poodle . I named him "Prince" 2.5mth.

Cool First day bought Prince home he is so gentle , tame and doesn't move much . After 2 hr when when Maltease play with Prince .

Habis ..... Super ,Hyper active till today . Run here and there jump even follow me upstairs. I am so supprise that he knew how to climb stairs.

Because he is slow , whenever i walk up stairs he will cried signal for me to wait for him. He is very adorable and cute ..... currently I m in office

but my hearts is at home ... i miss Prince alot wanted to see him and play with him . Currently still teach Prince for potty. Each time feed Prince I must

take extra attention on his body language (get ready to bring him outside poo poo).

Anyway just 1 week with me ...... there are still alot of thing I need to teach Prince.

Wanted to attached photo ... but dunno how ? too bad .... let me learn more about this website.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2008, 8:36 AM

Post #2 of 11 (596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drken80] Newbie here just bought a toy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

hallo...welcome to d dog community...

do bring prince along for the 20th january k9 day at central park...

c u there...Wink

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

drken80
Novice

Jan 11, 2008, 5:56 PM

Post #3 of 11 (591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Newbie here just bought a toy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

Oohh ... cannot bring him to central park wor .... he haven't complete the 3 jab yet now only first . The second jab will be this sunday.

Will definately bring Prince out after the 3rd jab. Yesterday went to ikano pet safari ..... buy Prince alot things....

body powder, ear powder,ear drop,comb,toy and something for him to chew ....

anyway please feel free to visit http://picasaweb.google.com/...?authkey=u7xYBxjFsjI

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 12, 2008, 1:18 AM

Post #4 of 11 (576 views)
Shortcut

Hi there! Oh, he's adorable! Actually, the moment your dog has the 1st ab, he's already protected. No need to wait till the 3rd jab. The doctors alway say must finish three jabs before you can bring the dogs out or else they will contract other diseases from other dogs. Not true... Amber was brought for training before she got her 3rd ab & her training grounds was really filthy & nothing happened to her! My Dalmatian brought out to Ikano after 1 jab only & nothing happened to her too. So you can bring little Prince out next Sunday... Not to worry.

drken80
Novice

Jan 12, 2008, 8:17 AM

Post #5 of 11 (571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Newbie here just bought a toy poodle [In reply to] Can't Post

oh is that true , coz i have asked around breeder ,petshop,vet out 10 ppl 9 advise me not to take Prince out if he haven't complete the 3rd jab.

So i ma think better don't lo. I wanted to bring him out indeed hehehe see how la ... dunno why his nose wet wet ? maybe flu ?

but my maltease also nose wet wet. Hhmm ... hopefully he is ok. Now Prince is about 2.5mth old. Can start train him arr?

Which I should start ? I did ask him to sit, but everytime i take the food ... her march to the food rather to listen to me .....

I think I will had a hard time ..... :(.

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 12, 2008, 5:32 PM

Post #6 of 11 (561 views)
Shortcut

Sometimes when the nose is wet, it doesn't mean they have flu. If your dog has flu, the eyes must be runny too & he should be sneezing a lot. 2.5 months old is a good time to start training! Start as early as possible but since your pup is still very young, take it slow. House train him 1st before you go on to the other things like OB stuff... That can wait. Once house broken & toilet trained, you can start training the 'sit' command 1st. This is a very easy command to teach & the dog should be able to learn it in one day depending if your dog is a fast learner & also whether you are consistent. Train him for 5 mins in the morning, 5 mins in the afternoon & 5 min at night. Short & sweet! The reason why you don't drag the training time too long is becoz you don't want the dog to get bored. Has your dog learned the sit command yet? If not, then you have to teach him. Just push him bum down gently whilst saying 'sit' at the same time. The moment the butt touches the ground, quickly praise him & pop a treat in his mouth.

drken80
Novice

Jan 13, 2008, 5:43 AM

Post #7 of 11 (548 views)
Shortcut

Ya i think Prince got no flu ... coz he so active....running here and there.....tomolo wanna bring him for 2nd jab hope he dun get sick as i know some of the dog when got for injection they will get sick .

Ya i m training Prince for toilet training but some how 60-40% only .... 60% know how to go out ... 40% still pee pee in the house.Guess i need to give him more time. At the same time i did train him for sit. Hope he learn fast like other poodle did. I was told that Poodle are quite inteligent.Hope my Prince is the same.

Today went to Ikano really wanna bring Prince along ... but end up i didnt bring Prince.Now a day nite time when i woke up for toilet he will wake up as well and make noise . I open the back door and he run out do his business.Hope he can do that 100%.

My Prince dont like to wear shirt, once i put shirt for him sure he make noise. Wonder your Amber so tame and wouldn't make any noise.. I guess Prince get used to the enviroment now. He knew when I go to work he should go in to the cage.When I come back home he is so happy ... keep on waggin his tail non-stop. We'll see how he behave after the 2nd jab. If he is strong i wil bring him to the central park. See you guys.....

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 14, 2008, 2:05 AM

Post #8 of 11 (527 views)
Shortcut

He still needs more consistent toilet training but I can see that you're doing a good job. Whenever he makes noise wanting to go out to pee pee or shit, let him out fast. That's the way to do it & keep up the consistency! Correct him if he does it in the house but when he does it outside, you can praise him or you can also not praise him. Either way also he will learn but remember, if he does indoor, scold fiercely! No whacking though but give a firm "NO!!!" to make sure he hears, get scared & learns. After a while he shouldn't mind wearing shirts lah. My dogs always wear shirts not becoz for fun or for fashion, we just want to keep them clean after their baths. Yes some dogs fall sick after vaccin but did he when he had his 1st? The symptoms that you'll usually see is sleepiness, stress & flu.

drken80
Novice

Jan 15, 2008, 7:31 PM

Post #9 of 11 (490 views)
Shortcut

today i bring Prince for his 2nd jab. Once the doc give injection , aiyo he sream like hell ... scared me ..... anyway will the place the kena injection swollen ? coz when i hold him "neck" he start screaming. Poor Prince. Anyway after injection he is still lively running here and there ..... and very happy that he know how to "sit" and "down". Must practice more.Just bought the blower hahahah can bath him more frequent coz with the blow is really fast and easy to dry him. Hhmm ... since after injection I need to wait at least 2 day then only i can bath him . heehehehhe can wait to use the blower.Laugh

Any suggestion I can botak my Prince? currently he is about 3mth la. I feel him hair not so thick/compact. Tot wanna shave botak and grow back the new hair . It will be nicer right ?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 15, 2008, 9:48 PM

Post #10 of 11 (484 views)
Shortcut

Usually after jab, the part there will become itchy & the dog will scratch that part a lot. Don't touch the part lah, maybe it hurts... The pain will go down soon, not to worry. No no no! After injection, must wait for one week not 2 days. The reason why is becoz you want to prevent your dog from getting sick, fever & flu. So no bathing until one week later... hy want to shave him? Pups hair are never thick. You'll have to wait till he grows older than his hair will thicken. Why not buy some good coat supplements. Try giving him oil everyday so that it will help his fur & skin to be oilier. Do not bathe your dog too often! This will remove all the natural oils on its body & soon, your dogs hair will be sparse & dry. Don't want that right? Especially if you're carrying your dog all the time & he does not go out often. We only bathe our dogs once in every two weeks. Actually should be one a week but we have three large dogs & it's too tiring to bathe them once a week. So what we do is we bathe them in the 1st week, then the 2nd week, we just wipe them down with diluted shampoo mix conditioner water. Then the following week we bathe them again...Like that lor! You can do that to your Prince also. It's important that your dog's hair is oily...

drken80
Novice

Jan 18, 2008, 12:34 AM

Post #11 of 11 (451 views)
Shortcut

huh , one week only can take bath after jab......like that then have to wait lo...

Ya i gave the fish oil every day .... now very noti la .... bite here bite there .... but whack him .... heehehe

hhmm.... wondering want to bring him this sunday or not ? see how la ... if he bahave good then only bring .. heheheh else keep in the house and punish him. Now i notice abit grow up jo .... but the body still round "fei chai" . Now everyday must traine him sit , toilet traine ... hhmmm usually this have to take how long leh .... quite sien leh every time .... hhmmm must have alot of patient.

Ya plan to bath him one a weeks ... see how la ..... he likes to go outside play and my house got alot of plant.See every leaves also bite .... have to clean him everyday ....Haihhhhh need more time leh .....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my