Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hi there

Amyliq
New User

Jan 8, 2008, 9:36 PM

Post #1 of 2 (346 views)
Shortcut
Hi there Can't Post

Came across this forum by reading someone else' post and thought I might like to join and see if I could get some help and advice for my poor Cleo.

I am the owner of 2 dogs - Cleo, a 3 year old female mixed breed and Papee, a 2 year old male miniature dashound. Both are wonderful companions and have been a large part of our lives for myself and my husband.

About 3 months ago, Cleo started losing weight drastically and we brought her to the vet and she was diagnosed with EPI - Exotic Pancreatic Insufficiency - a conditon whereby her pancreas does not produce enough enzymes to digest her food. This leads to bad diarrhea and weight loss. As both of us are working, and Cleo does her toilet late at night, we didnt notice it before, until I started noticing her loose stools. We have tried the commercial enzyme tables and it didnt help. After reading thru many many many many web pages on EPI, I discovered pig's pancreas and that seemed to help....a little. Her stools are still soft, but not watery.

She seems to be still straining and is all skin and bones now, and it breaks my heart to see her like that. Does anyone have any similar experience? Thanks....

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2008, 8:39 AM

Post #2 of 2 (322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amyliq] Hi there [In reply to] Can't Post

so sorry to hear about cleo's condition...

hope u can get some opinion from those who had experience in this problem...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my