Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hi there Dog Lovers

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 15, 2008, 7:15 PM

Post #1 of 7 (681 views)
Shortcut
Hi there Dog Lovers Can't Post

Hi there to all the dog lovers here.. I'm new to this forum and would like to drop by and introduce myself.. I'm currently residing in KL and both me and my wife are major dog lovers..

I've actually been looking very hard around town to find a breeder that have Cardigan Welsh Corgi as my wife love this breed very much.. So i though at this forum, I could get some lead to find a breeder that have this breed.

Hope to shed some light..

Cheers...

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 15, 2008, 9:52 PM

Post #2 of 7 (673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mcmercedez] Hi there Dog Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, welcome!

Well, you can search for dogs in the Star Newspaper. The classified section... There are usually lots of dogs on sale but hardly any Corgis. You can still check though... Can also check up with MKA. But always remember to buy from a reputable breeder meaning, a good breeder who cares for the pups, not just out there to make quick bucks & NEVER buy from pet shops!

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 16, 2008, 12:47 AM

Post #3 of 7 (664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Hi there Dog Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there Amber,

Thanks for the tip.. Will look into the papers.. Yah.. Corgis are hard to find indeed... I quite agree with you on buying dogs at pet shops.. they don't care about the dogs as they want quick bucks and the price are normally cut throat..

MKA? do they have any website that i can look into?

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 16, 2008, 6:32 AM

Post #4 of 7 (654 views)
Shortcut

Actually you'll have to call up MKA. You just tell them that you're looking for Corgi breeders in Malaysia & they will give you a list of it. ell, not really but they will tell you a few. But on the other hand, there aren't many Corgi breeders in Malaysia so it won't be along list of them.

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2008, 7:35 PM

Post #5 of 7 (638 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

I think you can find some corgi here:

http://www.adpost.com/my/pets/Dogs/

Quick search for corgi.

As mentioned by many members here, please make sure you buy from reputable breeders. Go visit them and check the way they breed their dogs and also the environment. Never buy from pet shop also.

I quite like corgi also and have been reading quite a lot about them. They are very popular in HK but not in Malaysia (I bought quite a lot of dog magazines from HK)

Good luck in searching.

mcmercedez
Dog Kichi

Jan 16, 2008, 11:40 PM

Post #6 of 7 (623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JS Lew] Hi there Dog Lovers [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there JS..

Thanks for the tip.. Went in and have a look at it and got good news.. They have corgis in Malaysia!!!.. Thank you so much and will contact them to have a look at the dog.. heheh...

Actually in my opinion, this breed is quite rare and it's expensive coz they called them as the queen dog.. Why? i think Queen Elizabeth has this dogs though.. hehe...

JS Lew
Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2008, 11:46 PM

Post #7 of 7 (617 views)
Shortcut

Yes, they are expensive in Malaysia because the breed is still rare here but not in HK. Not that expensive in Hong Kong compared to other breeds. Hope you can get one you like.

Cheers!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my