IN

Home: Events Calendar: Event Calendar:
AKC Trial

milooh

Mar 22, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #1 of 10 (3656 views)
Shortcut
AKC Trial Can't Post

Hi all, I am going to watch my dog, milo oh peng compete in an AKC trial on saturday and sunday. Agility is such a great team sport and its so fun to watch especially when the handler is your significant other. I videotape all milo's runs and if any one is interested, the website is www.jef-b.com/Dogs/, click the down arrow below milo's videos, choose agility iris or milo. Have fun and hope to talk more agility with everybody.

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 22, 2003, 9:06 PM

Post #2 of 10 (3653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] AKC Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi milooh,

Can't see the website but best of luck in the agility this weekend! Yah agility is such a fun sport for the doggies and their owners....we are hoping the agility classes will start here soon. Good luck! Smile

cdmoo
ALPHA

Mar 22, 2003, 9:11 PM

Post #3 of 10 (3652 views)
Shortcut

hi ,
Good luck to you and milo-oh-peng a.ka. Milo-without-milk-with-ice Smile
How heavy is Milo , by the way?
regards,

CD Moo

milooh

Mar 22, 2003, 9:37 PM

Post #4 of 10 (3650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] AKC Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

Milo is about 72 lbs and is about 24 inches high. So he jumps 24" in AKC. Have a good weekend.

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 22, 2003, 11:25 PM

Post #5 of 10 (3647 views)
Shortcut

You're lucky you get to have agility over there. Do you handle MIlo yourself in the agility ring? Will check out your website, my dog lurves to jump, so we're hoping the will do more agility over here. Wink

milooh

Mar 23, 2003, 9:30 AM

Post #6 of 10 (3631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] AKC Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

No, my husband handles milo. I am the support person, meaning I potty the dogs, videotape the runs, exercise the dogs and play with them before the run starts. Its fun and you get to meet tons of people with beautiful dogs. There are lots of fun runs organized by the various dog clubs where people bring their dogs and do as many runs a day for a small fee. Its not a competition and you dont get ribbons. And sometimes we bring food and hang out all day. Its a great way to socialize even when the weather is bad.

So, Milo did his first run today, excellent standard, and he blew his contacts, the dog walk and the A frame. Jef was very angry and walked off the run. I 'd say Milo deserved it because he knows better than that. He put Milo in the truck and we left. Jef has never done that and hopes he never has to do it again but a lot of people there understood that. The dog has to know that if he doesnt do contacts, he doesnt get to play. We are going back for the open jumpers run this afternoon. By the way, it was cold and rainy.

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

cdmoo
ALPHA

Mar 23, 2003, 8:01 PM

Post #7 of 10 (3616 views)
Shortcut

hi milooh,
What's a contacts & dog-walk? Blush
Is the dog-walk = the zig-zag walk?
Sorry, a bit 'ulu' here..
Smile
regards,

CD Moo

milooh

Mar 23, 2003, 9:28 PM

Post #8 of 10 (3612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] AKC Trial [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess I used the terms contacts loosely here. In a standard run, among other obstacles, there is a dog walk, A frame and teeter (see saw). These obstacles have zones that are painted yellow and are known as contact zones. Your dog has to touch these zones with any part of one foot prior to exiting the obstacle. Now the A frame has two contact zones, the up contact (when the dog ascends) and the down contact (when your dog descends), both of these contact zones are painted yellow. So when I said milo blew his contacts, it means he didnt touch the contact zones with his foot but leaped off the obstacle. Therefore, he is eliminated. I know it sounds confusing and maybe I am not explaining it well. For further explanation, click:

http://www.akc.org/...es/reagil.cfm?page=4

The weather in the afternoon was no better. The sun actually came out for a few minutes but not for long. There was thunder and hailstones and then heavy rain. Milo knocked two jumps but at least he was paying more attention. Tomorrow is another day. Smile

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 24, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #9 of 10 (3584 views)
Shortcut

hi,

all the best to milo.....

regards
kangser and nous

cdmoo
ALPHA

Mar 24, 2003, 10:15 PM

Post #10 of 10 (3583 views)
Shortcut

hi Milooh,

thks. for the URL. very informative indeed.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my