Jan 18, 2007, 7:01 AM

Post #27 of 38 (6364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

vino..

yeah ! saw the vid.. really interestin ! haha ! zeus really smart

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 20, 2007, 3:24 AM

Post #28 of 38 (6355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sydney! Remember me & my dog Amber...?

Well here's a short & sweet but good advice for you! If you want your dog to fetch sumthing for you like newspapers or slippers or toys, always start out by playing a short but fun tug-of-war with your dog using that object/toy. If I were you, hide the treats in your pocket for a moment & take out a toy/object he loves MOST & play a little tug-of-war with him (It's gota be sumthing he'll die without it, it's his insurance, it's his property!). Make sure he gets excited with it & tries to grab it & pull it off your hand.

After that, when he's all hiked up about that object/toy, throw it just few feet in front of you. When he picks it up, call him to come back to you. Don't walk/run towards him to take it from him. This will only create him to run away from you coz he knows you gona snatch his baby from him! Just squat down so that you're almost the same height as him and just keep calling & calling & calling UNTIL he comes back to you. If he doesn't, now you take out the treat & show it to him. When he sees it, he'll definitely come back to you but no guarantee with the object/toy in his mouth. It's okay...Let's take it slow then!

This time, show him TWO toys/objects he loves MOST! Do the same thing all over again, throw it for him to fetch, call him, when he does come back to you (doesn't matter if he's not close to you, at least he did come back with the toy in his mouth, rite?) Immediately take out his other fav toy, ask him to "give OR out" the one in his mouth to you or "drop" it on the ground & then immediately throw his other toy for him to catch it.

It's important for your dog to UNDERSTAND THE GAME! He must understand, then when you throw sumthing for him to fetch for you, he knows he's gona get a good reward after that. It's actually a fun game to him! Dogs love routine & structure in their lives & their games! Hahahaha...They don't really like it when it's random. It's like heeling. "Oh yeah, I'm suppose to heel on my handler's side but then sit when my handler stops walking." Like that, you get what I mean?

But I think it's best for you to teach your dog to "hold" first be4 you start teaching him to fetch sumthing. It's important that he knows the "hold" command first in order for him to hold it & walk/run back to you and sit in front of you with him still holding the toy/onbect in his mouth calmly. Then only when you say "give OR out Sydney", then he should gladly give it to you nicely.

But do take it slow. My Amber's still not very good at it but she does bring it back to me nicely & gives it to me when I ask her to. It'll take some time for your dog to learn, do be patient. Make sure, you alwayz play with your dog all the time. And also make sure, you hide your dog's fav toy/object after you're done training with him. This is becoz he'll be excited about it & you throwing it for him to catch whenever you take it out & show it to him next time. Well, this is not really short but Good Luck!!!Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 20, 2007, 8:58 PM

Post #29 of 38 (6350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile it's quite short.. Hmm.. okay i will try following your advice.. But until then he must learn how to comeUnimpressed He cant come when i say come cuz maybe he's afraid of me bullying him so yeaSmile Let's see.. he only plays with slippers but the slipers are for outside functionsUnimpressed i would bet that even i have the snack he would abandon the object and get the snack eventho i would try it every time he fetches somethingCrazy

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 20, 2007, 9:30 PM

Post #30 of 38 (6349 views)
Shortcut

Oh...then you gota go back to step one again! Can I ask you sumthing? When Sydney does sumthing wrong, do you call him first saying "Come" & then scold him? If you do, you have to stop doing it. You should never scold your dog by saying the word "come" or other words you use to ask him to come to you. Your dog will accumulate that the "come" word that it's punishing time.

But if you're not doing this, then you'll need to start all over again. I think you know how to teach him this rite?

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 20, 2007, 9:36 PM

Post #31 of 38 (6348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amber.Faith] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont say come to sidney.. i just scold him straight awayUnimpressed yup i get you point of training.. it's going to take a while tho but he learns something new less than 2 weeks

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Amber.Faith
Old Kaki

Jan 21, 2007, 10:15 PM

Post #32 of 38 (6344 views)
Shortcut

Great then! Well, I hope there'll be some progress on Sydney's "come". By the way, I love her/his name! Very...what's that word I'm looking for? Classy I should say...Nice Nice! Good Luck!

(This post was edited by Amber.Faith on Jan 21, 2007, 10:17 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jan 24, 2007, 3:06 AM

Post #33 of 38 (6328 views)
Shortcut

wow!! 2 weeks...tat was pretty fast...

my dog need 2 months to master sumthing...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Sydney
Doggyman

Jan 26, 2007, 11:34 PM

Post #34 of 38 (6322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

sydney pay attention to the snack that's y he learns fastUnimpressed spoiled dog

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Lavanyalatha
Novice

Apr 27, 2007, 11:31 AM

Post #35 of 38 (6299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi
I dunno if this is the rite section to post this but i surely need some help. I wanted to let my simba off leash on the playground at nite. I did tht once and she freaked me out. I scanned for ppl but overlooked 2 strays by the bushes and she sniffed them and chased them away...though she came back to me I was so freaked out tht I put on her leash immediately. I really dunno if I took off her leash to let her run wild...wat wud her reaction be. wht wud the general reactions be for offleashed dogs? Frown

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Apr 27, 2007, 4:05 PM

Post #36 of 38 (6295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lavanyalatha] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

halo...

don worry... u posted at the right section under the right thread title "help and advice needed" Sly

firstly b4 u wan to let ur doggy offleash, pls consider if there is any DBKL ppl (or ur area's municipal council) or police near the place u let ur doggy offleash.. this is becus they will catch any dogs and cats that are offleash and running around to klinik kurungan haiwan and then u will need to claim ur doggy bac from there.. not sure if u need to pay an amount of money to claim ur doggy bac tho...

secondly, got malays? cus as u and many ppl here might be aware, malays don like dogs to go near them.. they scared the dog either bite them or attack them.. n so if they see ur doggy near them, they will call the police.. then u will get into trouble lo...

thirdly, oh.. about ur Simba chasing the 2 strays away, this means Simba treat the playground as HER playground.. and she took the 2 strays as intruders to the playground.. that's y she chases them away...

fourthly, any house-grown dog that is let off-leashed in a big field WILL run wild.. this is bcos they think is fun and freedom finally landed that no one ties them up to walk and pull them anymore

lastly.. may i know where are u? kl? other state? this because some states got dog park that allows dogs to have off-leash activities.. KL not too sure.. but maybe other members here can tell u... so far i never take my girl out to a park where can let doggies offleash... if really cant find the park.. then u just let ur doggy offleash at ur own garden.. im sure she will be happy too Laugh

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lavanyalatha
Novice

Apr 28, 2007, 10:29 AM

Post #37 of 38 (6283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey thanks a lot Molly am from Melaka and I stay in a normal taman hse so the gardens are nothing to shout abt she will just snort at the idea of me letting her go in my puny garden. Anyways, thanks a lot.

Just a quick question; as I'm in Melaka I really dunno where they have the dog training centres. I desperately need to train my simba, obedience etc.

(This post was edited by Lavanyalatha on Apr 28, 2007, 10:37 AM)

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Apr 28, 2007, 8:24 PM

Post #38 of 38 (6274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lavanyalatha] Help and advice needed [In reply to] Can't Post

you're welcome Sly

in melaka, you can go to MKA to ask whether they have local dog training sessions or not. supposedly they have...

alternatively, you can train Simba on your own lo.. obedience training not very hard.. just need time and patience.. there are alot of resources online where u can find articles abt how to train obedience... even u can refer all the threads here in ppcom to look out for more ideas...

or, if u don mind travelling, you can attend training in kl if there's really no dog training programs in melaka (i think should have.. just need to ask).. if u drive just need around 2++ hours? In KL : MKA got training, ppcom got training, other organisations also got (sorry im not allowed to name themUnsure)...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my