Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Teacup Poodle Deaf or "dun care attitude"

cd4se
Novice

Nov 18, 2008, 4:50 PM

Post #1 of 4 (9758 views)
Shortcut
Teacup Poodle Deaf or "dun care attitude" Can't Post

Just got a Teacup poodle last week..8 weeks old. So small and cute. Play with it and start to notice that it did not care about the sound or noise...like deaf. Call also dun respond...most of the time sleeping .My son also noticed that..so I start to panick. Search internet ..at his 2nd jab ask Dr..Dr say dun have equipment to test.Frown

Did some home test with him..sometimes look like he is respondingSmile..especially if we make some funny noise...he will stop playing and look like trying to listen...so dun know whether he is half deaf or plainly "dun care". But as this week progress..look like he is more responsive to sound...

Is this normal for a 8 weeks puppy especially a poodle. Used to have a mix GS..."super alert"...all type of noise also the ear stand up..so am I expecting too much from poodle?

Does puppies grow up to be more alert to noise? This week is 9 week...look like slightly more alert to noise but still not sure. Do you all have these experiences? Any advice appreciated ..

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 5, 2009, 5:49 PM

Post #2 of 4 (9131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cd4se] Teacup Poodle Deaf or "dun care attitude" [In reply to] Can't Post

how is your pup doing?

cd4se
Novice

Jan 6, 2009, 6:24 PM

Post #3 of 4 (9112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zephyros] Teacup Poodle Deaf or "dun care attitude" [In reply to] Can't Post

As the weeks go by, noticed that he is more alert. I believe he is just too lazy to respond at first.

zephyros
Canine Addict

Jan 6, 2009, 6:28 PM

Post #4 of 4 (9109 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cd4se] Teacup Poodle Deaf or "dun care attitude" [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe ur pups hasn't learnt that when name is called, attention must be given? do you call and call and call till ur pup gives attention, then u play or praise? IF you do it this way, it's time to change a bit. that is if ur doing it

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my