Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption

jleong
Novice

Jan 26, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #1 of 24 (6700 views)
Shortcut
New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption Can't Post

Just went to PAWS this morning, found out there is a 2 years old black cocker spaniel been surrendered to PAWS yesterday. According to Dr. Maha the adoption fee is RM 200 and he is very healthy and adorable. Interested pls contact Dr. Maha.

Thanks,
Leong

aryan8277
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2004, 8:10 PM

Post #2 of 24 (6679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jleong] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

mr.leong can u give me the doctor maha number ... im kind of interested of having the dog.. and can u explain me why the adopt fee is high..?

kindly explain.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 26, 2004, 8:51 PM

Post #3 of 24 (6676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aryan8277] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

The adoption fee is different, depending on the dog's breed. Of course pure breed dog will be more expensive than a mongrel. PAWS need the fund to run their operation. U know.....they are an animal shelter, it's a charity, not making money business. So they really need the money. RM200 adoption fee for a pure breed is considered reasonable.

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

aryan8277
Dog Kichi

Jan 26, 2004, 10:14 PM

Post #4 of 24 (6673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shlee] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

instead of giving rm 200. can i give rm100 and dog food worth rm 100.. coz i have a friend that sells dog food so i can i get it from him..is that possible?

kindly advice

jleong
Novice

Jan 26, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #5 of 24 (6668 views)
Shortcut

Hi aryan8277,

PAWS no. is 03 7846 1087, U may discuss the fee and adoption matter with Dr. Maha.

As Shlee said, PAWS is actually running it's ops on charity basis and I think RM 200 for a pure breed cocker spaniel is very reasonable. Please contact Dr. Maha for more info.

aryan8277
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #6 of 24 (6663 views)
Shortcut

ok ill talk to them .. anyway thanks for your information...

mandyfwy

Jan 27, 2004, 10:01 PM

Post #7 of 24 (6644 views)
Shortcut

Dear,

anyway to get a pictures of this cocker spaniel? English or America? I'm keen to cocker spaniel.

Thank you

MandySmile

aryan8277
Dog Kichi

Jan 27, 2004, 11:01 PM

Post #8 of 24 (6640 views)
Shortcut

mr.leong is it possible to get the CS photos ? i cant its ok .... and is the CS in PAWS now?

maybe i just go thr and have a look

jleong
Novice

Jan 28, 2004, 6:12 PM

Post #9 of 24 (6625 views)
Shortcut

Hi aryan,

I will suggest that you refer all matters with PAWS, as I am not a worker there, so I can't provide you more info about the spaniel besides what I have posted on my earlier replies.

kgb0y
Novice

Jan 31, 2004, 5:48 AM

Post #10 of 24 (6582 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I think RM200 adoption fee is quite reasonable. PAWS is deeply in need of fund to run their dog shelter. I was in PAWS last week and realized that they're in bad condition - not enough space & cages. Also they've to hired foreigner which I believe come from Myanmar to take care of the shelter. Local volunteers is very limited there.

Cheers.

ROSANNAMCCALL
Novice

Jan 31, 2004, 4:40 PM

Post #11 of 24 (6575 views)
Shortcut

Aryan,

I hope you have not adopted the dog yet.. as I do believe PAWs needs the money to safe other dogs. So if you want to negotiate to reduce the rate, may be you could pass this opportunity to me and go for something more affordable.

I'm prepare to pay 500/= for it and donate 200/= worth of dog food to PAWs.

rdgs
Rosann

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 31, 2004, 7:12 PM

Post #12 of 24 (6574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kgb0y] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, as i mentioned before. I believe the adoption fee is reasonable. For me, i will consider it as a donaton for our animal shelter, hope the environmen there can be improved by our little donation.

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 31, 2004, 7:14 PM

Post #13 of 24 (6573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ROSANNAMCCALL] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

You are so kind to them. So, when are you going to adopt the doggie? Hopefully, our little donation can improve PAWS' environment for all the doggie there.

I do visit PAWS once a while. All the dogs there are loving and adorable. Hopefully, they can find their loving home soon.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 31, 2004, 9:37 PM

Post #14 of 24 (6572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ROSANNAMCCALL] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ros,

Good for you ! I hope that you are able to adopt the lil doggie. Do go to paws and check the dog out as paws does not do any reservation on dogs for ppl - more of a first come fist basis.

I hope that the doggies will get to go to a good home with lots of loving and also PAWS will be able to get some funds to help them out.

I do go to paws from time to time to donate and check out their conditions and if anyone have been to the place I'm sujre they will not negotiate with them inregaring of the adoption fees....

cheers,
minglmy

ROSANNAMCCALL
Novice

Feb 2, 2004, 6:55 AM

Post #15 of 24 (6556 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All,

Thanks for all your support!

Went to Paws today, there is also a lovely lovely black spitz for adoption there. It'v very friendly and will just follow anyone who goes in and out of PAWS especially when one is going out- as if asking visitors to bring him back home!!

So anyone who is looking for a loving healthy and beautiful dog- pls pls consider this dog!!

thanks n regards
Rosann

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 2, 2004, 8:42 AM

Post #16 of 24 (6550 views)
Shortcut

Hi Rosann,

So how ? Did u manage to get the cocker ? hope its good news ....

cheers,
minglmy

aryan8277
Dog Kichi

Feb 3, 2004, 4:15 PM

Post #17 of 24 (6527 views)
Shortcut

hi ... sorry for the late reply... currently im in indonesia. so if anyone is interested in getting the dog go ahead... i dont mind at all. as long this dogs get a hoem .. im happy with it... and dont just stop here.. kindly go a head with your donation and support to this center's .... anyway hope you can take care of the CS well .... Tongue

bye.

bgk
New User

Feb 4, 2004, 2:04 AM

Post #18 of 24 (6512 views)
Shortcut

hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and i'm a dog lover. I moved from Penang to KL leaving behind my loving maltese mix shih tzu Pearl back home Frown. It's hard to live without a four legged companion.

Can you guys provide me with Paws website or address so that i could visit them to see if i could adopt any puppy there.

Thank you so much for your help.Tongue

shlee
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2004, 6:34 PM

Post #19 of 24 (6503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bgk] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, why u have to leave ur furkid in Penang? Can't u bring him down to KL as well? Or ur parents in Penang will take a good care of him?

Ok, below is PAWS address and contact no:

Pilmoor Estate, Subang Airport Road, 47200 Subang. Tel: 78461087.

Hope you can adopt anyone of the doggie from PAWS. They are desparately looking for a good home. Good luck to you!

eli
Enthusiast

Feb 5, 2004, 1:02 AM

Post #20 of 24 (6487 views)
Shortcut

hi,
i just left a male brown puppy at paws this morning after a month of trying - and failing - to find his owner and someone to adopt him.
the guy on duty (not sure if he is a vet) thinks PIPPIN has markings of a german shepherd.
he is about 4 months, i reckon.
saw lots of cute puppies while i was there. do pop to see if pippin or another puppy would "click" with u.
all the best!

shlee
Doggyman

Feb 5, 2004, 2:17 AM

Post #21 of 24 (6484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eli] New Black Cocker Spaniel for Adoption [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eli,

Finally u have surrendered the puppy to PAWS. Poor little doggie, still couldn't find a loving person to fall in love with him, huh? I also surrendered one puppy i found to PAWS about 3 weeks ago. Yes, there are a lot of adorable puppies there. Really wish that they could find a good home soon.

Just now i read your post in other forum about a lady. She kept a terrier that you found and then the dog was there anymore after few days. Really wondering what kind of lady she is. Hmm.....don't know whether she is involved in any dognapping cases or not, and then sell the dogs off for making money.

I think i should spend sometimes to visit your housing area. Hopefully i can meet my MiMi there.....pls pray for me Smile

bgk
New User

Feb 6, 2004, 12:56 AM

Post #22 of 24 (6470 views)
Shortcut

hi shlee,

thank you for your help. I had to leave my furkid back home just couldn't separate her from the family. They have bonded together pretty well.

shlee
Doggyman

Feb 6, 2004, 5:36 PM

Post #23 of 24 (6460 views)
Shortcut

Have u visited the PAWS already? They open daily, including public holiday. They close at 4pm.

Actually there is one spitz puppy put up for adoption now. Let me know if you are interested.

lilianchee
Novice

May 16, 2004, 8:49 AM

Post #24 of 24 (6168 views)
Shortcut

Hi Aryan8277,

Sincerely, it will be good if you didn't adopt the cocker spaniel... You didn't sound like a pet carer and yet keep asking about the dog condition and rehoming fees $$. Frown

As I know, keeping a dog is actually a bit costly... Dog food, occasion veterinary consultation. If you really can't affort to pay RM200. Are you sure you can keep the doggie for long? Sorry for asking this question, this is really crucial. In this case, no matter what breed it is, I should say: the insuran. My be you can save up your money for your indonesia trip instead, the air ticket needs more...

From my personal experience, pets really know how to appreciate their rescuer, especially those had been abondoned before. I adopted a pet before, but very pitty he had been "disposed" by former 3 owners. To me, he is really qute, gentle and make me feel happy after whole day of exhausting task (I mean my job), just except he likes to bite my chair, I think his teeth are growing.

I have no problem having eyes contact with him & he really appreciate my company. Laugh Almost everyday my pet wait for me in the evening, he will jumps and looks at me when I open the door. Ohhh, forgot to tell .... he is a rabbit, he can't bark or make noise but I can see he loves me. As when I wave, he will run towards me like a puppy.... Sometimes animal behaviour has something in common.

last but not the least, I wish the dog could really find a good family.

(This post was edited by lilianchee on May 16, 2004, 9:09 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my