Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
Visiting PAWS

kitten
Dog Kichi

Sep 29, 2003, 7:32 PM

Post #1 of 18 (3631 views)
Shortcut
Visiting PAWS Can't Post

Hi guys, I am going to give PAWS a visit either this weekend or next to have a look see. Am thinking of adopting a companion for my Babe girl later so I wanna check PAWS out. Going to rummage around my house to see what I can give to PAWS. I was looking at SPCA forum just now. Was thinking, can I do what some of the forummers are doing to help SPCA? Like, is it ok if I bring my old digital camera to take photos of the doggies in PAWS? Will it help?

Laura & Babe

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #2 of 18 (3629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitten] Visiting PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there,

of course u can~! Smile

u'r more than welcomed to in fact. SmileWink

and yes..it will help.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hamsta
Novice

Sep 29, 2003, 10:55 PM

Post #3 of 18 (3622 views)
Shortcut

Hello there kitten,

Did you manage to go PAWS? I dun hear much from them, actually. If you did take their pictures, I hope you would be able to post them here, ya? Wonder how PAWS look like. Why isn't there much information about them, like SPCA? Not enough funding ar?Crazy

kitten
Dog Kichi

Sep 29, 2003, 10:59 PM

Post #4 of 18 (3620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hamsta] Visiting PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi hamsta, I haven't been there yet. Will b going either this weekend or next weekend. PAWS is not as well known cause they do not have as much publicity as SPCA and therefore not enough funding. At the moment, I think they need more help then SPCA. Don't worry, the idea to take the pixs is to post them here. Who knows, I might end up with 1 more dog as well. Shocked And my mom might be screaming at me again. Angelic

Laura & Babe

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2003, 9:51 AM

Post #5 of 18 (3608 views)
Shortcut

The condition of PAWS? not very good..but i guess the dogs there are lucky enough to hv a roof above their head.

Not sure abt the lack of publicity..I'm kinda wondering too. Maybe SPCA is more established internationally. Crazy

As for the funding...not sure if they hv enough too.. Coz they don't get much fr the adoption fees. The adoption fees there are abt half of SPCA.. Unsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

kohzila

Oct 1, 2003, 6:55 AM

Post #6 of 18 (3596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Visiting PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

you ar erite..the adoption fees is just half or lesser then that.. I went there for couple of times and the condition there is really bad especially the place where they keep the adults...I think they really need helps from the public...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #7 of 18 (3594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kohzila] Visiting PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the next gathering..or the one after the next...we'll be collecting funds for PAWS..i think Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

hamsta
Novice

Oct 1, 2003, 6:18 PM

Post #8 of 18 (3589 views)
Shortcut

It's so sad to hear about PAWS. Sigh... I do hope we can help them as much as how the rest of the world has helped SPCA.

What kinda dogs do they have there? When I went to SPCA, the condition wasn't all that great either... therefore I cannot imagine a far worse condition in PAWS. You mean, PAWS is far worse than SPCA? Wow...! Jia lat... Unsure

Do they have lots of puppies there, too?

kitten
Dog Kichi

Oct 1, 2003, 10:26 PM

Post #9 of 18 (3585 views)
Shortcut

well hamsta, will give update 'report' Wink once i go visit and come back with the photos.

Laura & Babe

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 2, 2003, 4:59 AM

Post #10 of 18 (3576 views)
Shortcut

well, we can donate stuff...i think volunteer?

if i'm not mistaken..we'll be collecting donations during the next gathering, if not the one after the next.

yea...sad isn't it? FrownUnsure

yea....they hv plenty of pups there...
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

eli
Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2003, 4:47 AM

Post #11 of 18 (3561 views)
Shortcut

hi, if you're looking to adopt another dog, how about considering the 6-month puppy i've been trying to find a home for the last 3 weeks?
pls, do take a look at the photo posted under "anyone lost tan and white puppy?".
ya, if i sound desperate to 'get rid' of ginger, i am!
my dogs don't like her and they don't much like staying outdoors since she came to stay.
paws will charge me RM100 to leave her there and even then, no guarantee she won't be put down soon...
help, anyone?!

kitten
Dog Kichi

Oct 3, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #12 of 18 (3552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eli] Visiting PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi eli, I am sorry. As much as I like to help, my hands are tied. My mom refused to let me have another dog. I also just told our house is being sold, so we'll be moving into a condo within the next few mths. Won't be able to fit in a big dog. I am putting all my plans on hold for now until I know what is going on. I am also worried about my 1 big dog now. Frown sorry.

Laura & Babe

eli
Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2003, 3:20 AM

Post #13 of 18 (3545 views)
Shortcut

oh dear, i hope you can find a good solution for your 1 big dog. i can't imagine having to give up any of my own 3 dogs.

kohzila

Oct 5, 2003, 7:51 AM

Post #14 of 18 (3535 views)
Shortcut

thats a great idea and hopefully it helps PAWS and the doggies there..

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 5, 2003, 9:41 AM

Post #15 of 18 (3530 views)
Shortcut

Any idea how big the pup will grow? Coz there's a member lookng for a jogging companion.. Smile

go through the recent adoption threads..think his user name is something like lwkh5..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

eli
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #16 of 18 (3515 views)
Shortcut

vet thinks she'll only be 20kg maximum. anyway, am glad (and relieved!)

to report that someone came yesterday and decided to adopt Ginger. instant rapport btw them so i hope it works out for them! we are back to a 3 dogs, 2 cats home now... thks!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 8, 2003, 1:24 AM

Post #17 of 18 (3477 views)
Shortcut

good to hear the great news. Will be keeping fingers crossed Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

K9Angel
Novice

Oct 9, 2003, 1:20 AM

Post #18 of 18 (3461 views)
Shortcut

Hi kitten,

Well, I am planning to visit PAWS either this saturday or sunday. I want to take some photos too coz I am thinking of doing a small donation drive in my office. Smile I'll donate anyhow but I reckon that more people donate will be better.

I've been to PAWS a few times & I agree with some comments given by our fellow friends here that the condition is not pleasant but better than nothing. The thing is that PAWS is not as well-known as SPCA. So, I decide to help as much as I can.

Let's see what the response will be from my office.

Regs, K9 Angel

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my