Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
dog constipation?

is_me
Novice

Aug 14, 2003, 10:33 PM

Post #1 of 13 (3055 views)
Shortcut
dog constipation? Can't Post

does a dog or puppy ever suffer from constipation? i'm so curious as my puppy didn't do her 'big business' in the house for 3 days, FYI, my puppy is toilet trained.. when i bring her out on the morning of forth day, she finished her 'job' outside the house. is she suffering from any sickness? she eat her meal on time and got plenty of playtime.

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 15, 2003, 2:19 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [is_me] dog constipation? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

dogs and puppies do suffer from constipation. My vet gave me laxatives for cats (they work on small dogs too). The stool was a bit watery but it did the job.

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

KawChai
Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2003, 6:14 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3045 views)
Shortcut

is_me,

this could be quite serious if still go on like that.

You can try to ask mr.khoo/mrs.khoo ( the webmaster), maybe they can help. Last time mrs khoo told me before one of their pup also got constipation...

hope your pup poopoo soon...

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 7:28 AM

Post #4 of 13 (3039 views)
Shortcut

yes.

dogs and pups do suffer from constipation and the effects can be just as bad when a human has constipation. might wanna consider taking your little one to the vet.Unsure
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 12:06 PM

Post #5 of 13 (3036 views)
Shortcut

Constipation/Digestive Problems

From time to time a dog will have constipation problems. It is extremely important to get the intestines and colon to moving quickly in order for this system to not shut down thus causing further complications. No, your dog does not need an operation to remove a blockage.

We have an herbal liquid tincture remedy called Constipation Remedy that causes the intestinal walls to gently heave and ho dislodging the blockage. At this crisis time, your dog will need more fiber in its food to now pull this blockage through and out of the body. This fibrous food supplement is called Digestive/Bowel Aide. You would add this powdered supplement to your dog's daily food along with a beef or chicken or pork gravy mixture to make it more palatable to your dog.

Once you have the blockage moved through, it is very important to continue adding the fibrous supplement to your dog's daily diet in order for the intestines and bowel to heal properly and prevent this distressful situation from happening again.

Dogs who are fed a raw meat diet exclusively and older dogs are especially prone to complications of the digestive system because of the lack of fiber in their diet. Supplementing a teaspoon of Digestive/Bowel Aide to your dog's daily diet can make a world of difference in its ability to enjoy life. We saw this in our elderly dog as it promoted his mental well being and his dignity in being able to move his bowels without complications on a regular daily basis.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 15, 2003, 12:09 PM

Post #6 of 13 (3035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] dog constipation? [In reply to] Can't Post

To read more:

http://www.petmedicinechest.com/canine/constipation.asp

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Aug 15, 2003, 2:17 PM

Post #7 of 13 (3033 views)
Shortcut

yeah they do..odie didn't go poopoo yesterday..and today, gawd...had to get a bigger bag to pick up his poopoo after he did his business...Tongue
Meme

odie moves MY world!

is_me
Novice

Aug 15, 2003, 5:31 PM

Post #8 of 13 (3029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] dog constipation? [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you everyone...

ginger start doing her 'business' again after 'closed down' for few days... but... i nearly faint when i check her poo poo... the smell of the poo poo damn geng.. Tongue

Trivor
K9 Servant

Aug 15, 2003, 5:44 PM

Post #9 of 13 (3028 views)
Shortcut

how about try natural herbs:

Constipation - platain, senna, turmeric

Not sure where you can get the herbs, perhaps from pharmacy or chinese herb shop... But I'm sure you can get one and mix with her food...

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

maxsimkh
Novice

Sep 5, 2003, 10:03 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] dog constipation? [In reply to] Can't Post

it's good to give 1-2ml of lactulose (laxative) for your puppy if there is a constipation again. it should do the trick!

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 22, 2004, 9:58 AM

Post #11 of 13 (1952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] dog constipation? [In reply to] Can't Post

My dog just had that problem... he is old and I had to take him to the vet... The vet helps... Telling me how to feed an old dog and stuff and he has to help him to clear up his "poo poo"... He even lost his appetide.. Gosh.. What a week, phew... Fiona

captain03
Novice

Jun 6, 2004, 10:47 PM

Post #12 of 13 (1849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] dog constipation? [In reply to] Can't Post

wow.... constipation... wad i have is potatoes n veges added to his dinner.. he is sh*tting more den twice a day... Crazy he can sh*t twice when i bring him for jus a short scroll.. ahaha.. hey, i wanna enquire something... can a dog jus sh*t once a day? is it ok??? cos of my working hrs, i can only bring him down to sh*t once in the morning.

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 8, 2004, 1:53 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [captain03] dog constipation? [In reply to] Can't Post

It is all depends on food and how the dog takes it..I had told a dog will not shit in the owner compound until the owner take him out for a walk... I also was told that the owner's dogs are shitting everywhere.... Heheheh should I use poo poo... Mine is the second one... I was wondering why too.. If my dogs eat dry food they poo more but eat rice poo less... Wonder why... But all depends as I said was told different stories.. Sorry cannot be any help to you... Fiona

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my