Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Scratching Shih Tzu

limsuteong
Dog Kichi

Aug 5, 2003, 7:36 PM

Post #1 of 4 (458 views)
Shortcut
Scratching Shih Tzu Can't Post

My 9 weeks old male Shih Tzu always scratching its self near the ear and biting at its legs. Maybe got ticks. Can I bathe him at this age & what remedy can I give to my young pup? And also his face quite smelly. How come hah? Any advice please?

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 12:01 AM

Post #2 of 4 (450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [limsuteong] Scratching Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you saying that you have not bath your dog for 9 weeks??? You might want to use wet cloth and to wipe it around that area...

Kowie
ALPHA

Aug 6, 2003, 3:20 AM

Post #3 of 4 (444 views)
Shortcut

Hi!

Is the area red and flaky? If it is it might be a skin problem where the skin produces too much yeast (or something like that) making your pup feel really itchy and it'll soon stink. This problem is apparently common in shih tzus and it's the worst around the mouth area and under the ears. If this is the case, please take your pup to the vet. The vet should be able to treat it with some pills for the time being and you'll probably have to bathe it with a medicated shampoo to keep the skin problem from reoccuring. Hope this is helpful to you.

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

BaoBao
Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2003, 8:32 AM

Post #4 of 4 (434 views)
Shortcut

yeah, shih tzu pups tend to develop skin irritaions more easily...Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my