Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Puppy Vomit

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 26, 2002, 4:50 PM

Post #1 of 17 (4036 views)
Shortcut
Puppy Vomit Can't Post

Every now and then my puppy vomits this watery yellowish foamy thingy. I think he has done it about 4 or 5 times since i had him 2 mths ago. His stool looks normal and he is eating and behaving normal as well. Each time after he vomits he'll go around doing his normal stuff, no other signs that cud indicate that he is sick.....what could it be?

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 26, 2002, 5:16 PM

Post #2 of 17 (4031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Puppy Vomit [In reply to] Can't Post

Indigestion, nothing to worry. Could also lack of enzyme. The yellowish foamy juice is known as bile and is produced by the liver to help the body to digest fats.
If Biscuit is normal and could do the Humpiti, Dumpittii and Lumpitttiii then nothing is the matter.
Rest assured, Inky knows what Pinky said.

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 26, 2002, 5:36 PM

Post #3 of 17 (4028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Puppy Vomit [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks.....ok, as long as it is nothing to worry about Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 26, 2002, 6:42 PM

Post #4 of 17 (4025 views)
Shortcut

Please stop twisting my words. I said its me, myself, has nothing to worry about, because I am not vomiting.
Your MKA membership number is L-------? and it is L-----? & L-----?
Barter trade? Yes or No?

daisy
Novice

Jun 8, 2002, 3:24 AM

Post #5 of 17 (4000 views)
Shortcut

i would like to ask if it's possible that a dog can get car sick, coz sometimes my dog will vomit when she travels with me and sometimes she seems fine... if so, is there a way to prevent it to happen, as in for human we have assam and things like that, i didnt feed her much too b4 her journey, please advise, thanks

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 8, 2002, 4:00 AM

Post #6 of 17 (3997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daisy] Puppy Vomit [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. Dogs especially puppies do suffer from car travelling sickness, but they will soon grow out of it.
If you intend to go on a long journey, its best not to feed it.
Travelling sickness tablets are available at pharmacy, but not very effective. The best is still an empty stomach and eventually, your dog will get use to travelling in the car. It is the motion and the vibration of the vehicle that is the culpit that caused vomiting.

daisy
Novice

Jun 9, 2002, 2:42 AM

Post #7 of 17 (3990 views)
Shortcut

yeah like i feed her in the morning and then late morning or afternoon, i thought she would have digested her breakfast... hmmm, guess not... do u know how long does it take for a pup to digest their food?

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 9, 2002, 2:48 AM

Post #8 of 17 (3989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daisy] Puppy Vomit [In reply to] Can't Post

6 to 8 hours depending on the type of food.

tangyp
Novice

Jun 10, 2002, 7:47 PM

Post #9 of 17 (3975 views)
Shortcut

This is from the JRTCA website...

Vomiting

Q: My Jack Russell has begun to vomit in the morning. Is there a reason for this?

A: There are several dogs out there that will vomit if their stomach is empty for too long. It's not uncommon. If you are feeding once a day, try feeding twice a day. If your terrier is vomiting early morning, try giving a treat late at night before bed or feeding first thing in the morning. Sometimes you'll need to split the feedings to three to four times a day for a dog with a very sensitive stomach.

If this doesn't work, definitely discuss it with your vet. There may be another underlying gastrointestinal problem such as ulcers, bacteria growth, pancreatitis, etc.

Hope it helps.

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 10, 2002, 11:20 PM

Post #10 of 17 (3965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tangyp] Puppy Vomit [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks....well he doesn't vomit anymore nowadays....and yes he used to vomit early in the morning....i fed him 3 times a day until he was 5 mths old, now feeding him twice a day

tangyp
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 12:22 AM

Post #11 of 17 (3963 views)
Shortcut

Has Biscuit started on his obedience classes yet? Just wondering how he's doing. Smile

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 11, 2002, 2:34 AM

Post #12 of 17 (3957 views)
Shortcut

Yes he has....because of his mange condition he missed the first 3 lessons and he has a lot of catching up to do.... Mad he is very naughty during the class...all he wants to do is jump all over the other dogs and play with them....i'm having a hell of a time trying to keep him calm with all the other dogs around Crazy....the minute we hit the parking lot in Komtar he KNOWS and he'll start jumping up and down in the car getting all excited lol.....at home he does his commands beautifully but over there with all the distractions i'm having a hard time getting him to concentrate....has Joey started her class yet?

tangyp
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 6:18 AM

Post #13 of 17 (3949 views)
Shortcut

Joey's classes were supposed to be in June but due to the current wet spell, seems it's been postponed to July. Yeah...I can forsee that I'll be having the same problems as you in the classes. Mad

Joey's mange problem is getting better. We've been giving her oral medication for a few weeks now...found a brand of dog food which contains no corn or wheat. Joey seems to like this brand quite a bit too. Hopefully she'll continue to like it though. Any improvement in Biscuit since you took him to the vets?

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 11, 2002, 6:57 AM

Post #14 of 17 (3946 views)
Shortcut

Yes he's getting much better now....the hair on his body has grown to normal and bits of hair are already starting to grow on his face (at last!)...now it's only the legs that needs more hair lol....he hasn't been scratching a lot now so i think he shd be alright pretty soon Smile

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 2:34 PM

Post #15 of 17 (3943 views)
Shortcut

Since you are now a lady of leisure, how about counting his hair and let us know.
And do you wish to know what comes after mange?
"Manager"

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 11, 2002, 10:59 PM

Post #16 of 17 (3937 views)
Shortcut

No problem....i hv a lot of experience counting hair Laugh

Manager huh....i knew it...he has been managing my life to suite his needs ever since he got here Crazy

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 11, 2002, 11:36 PM

Post #17 of 17 (3933 views)
Shortcut

I knew you would come back with this answer

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my