Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Spayed Shih Tzu

meiyen80
Novice

Mar 9, 2005, 7:14 AM

Post #1 of 17 (2540 views)
Shortcut
Spayed Shih Tzu Can't Post

Hi, my 6mth old shih tzu got spayed recently. 4 days after the surgery, the side of the wound hardened and she bled abit from her pee area. Is this normal or something that i should be alarmed of?Unsure Hope that someone could provide an advice on this soon. Thanks!

llchoong
Dog Kichi

Mar 9, 2005, 9:21 PM

Post #2 of 17 (2527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyen80] Spayed Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Meiyen,

I spayed my ST when she was 6 mths old too. SHe recovered very fast though and I don't remember her wound hardening lah, no bleeding from anywhere. I think you better take your ST to the vet ASAP

meiyen80
Novice

Mar 12, 2005, 6:58 AM

Post #3 of 17 (2514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [llchoong] Spayed Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi llchoong,

thanks for the advice..i was over anxious about her Blush...i called up the vet that night and he says there's nothing to worry about....anyway she's doing well already, eating well and as playful as ever Laugh

(This post was edited by meiyen80 on Mar 12, 2005, 7:04 AM)

llchoong
Dog Kichi

Mar 12, 2005, 11:48 PM

Post #4 of 17 (2505 views)
Shortcut

Hi Meiyen,

Jst wondering if your vet happens to be in Kota Damansara?

meiyen80
Novice

Mar 16, 2005, 7:30 AM

Post #5 of 17 (2479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [llchoong] Spayed Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi llchoong,

No, i spayed her at the Polyclinic, PJ...went there all along for immunization, etc cos recommended by pet shop....but they don't seem to do a good job though...poor fluffy...hopefully she forgets the experience soon...

michellechen

Jun 23, 2005, 12:10 PM

Post #6 of 17 (2413 views)
Shortcut

Hi, this wil b kinda off topic, but can u guys share wher u got ur shih tzu fr? Or wher can u recommend me pls? I'm hopin 2 get a male shih tzu... Thx...
-michelle-

meiyen80
Novice

Jun 25, 2005, 8:25 AM

Post #7 of 17 (2394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [michellechen] Spayed Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

i bought mine at section 14- My Pet house, corner shop...Tongue

michellechen

Jun 25, 2005, 12:19 PM

Post #8 of 17 (2393 views)
Shortcut

U got it fr petshop, huh? How much? Is d petshop good?
-michelle-

meiyen80
Novice

Jun 26, 2005, 1:25 AM

Post #9 of 17 (2384 views)
Shortcut

she was healthy when i got her.....i got it for rm750, but without cert...anyway, u need to go see urself the conditions of the dogs before buying ...but she did have skin problems (fungus growth) a few weeks after i bought her....i dunno isit from her cage mates or because of other reasons ...

michellechen

Jun 26, 2005, 2:15 AM

Post #10 of 17 (2381 views)
Shortcut

Is d skin problem ez 2 cure?
-michelle-

meiyen80
Novice

Jun 27, 2005, 5:19 AM

Post #11 of 17 (2376 views)
Shortcut

not really, spent quite alot on her medication and shampoo the first few mths to completely get rid of the fungal infection...now she doesn't hv it anymore, but occasionally has rashes...prob she's hot cos she doesnt stay in an a/c room...she's alr 10mths Smile

michellechen

Jun 27, 2005, 9:41 AM

Post #12 of 17 (2368 views)
Shortcut

I c... How old was she wen d pix was taken? D 1 in ur avatar...

Btw, izit ez 2 take care wen she's in heat? Izit messy...? Unsure

I actually luv female but afraid of d mess... Tongue
-michelle-

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 27, 2005, 4:57 PM

Post #13 of 17 (2366 views)
Shortcut

I personally think female are better in temperement and clean compare to male. Male tend to urine and mark it everywhere.Crazy

meiyen80
Novice

Jun 28, 2005, 6:26 AM

Post #14 of 17 (2357 views)
Shortcut

she was about 6 wks when i took tat photo...tat photo was taken when I just got her....now she's much bigger and naughtier alr Laugh

i took her for spaying when she was about to reach 6mths (RM150 at the SEA Park Animal Polyclinic)...tat was the main topic of my initial post!Smile....i dun see any scar on her abdomen alr...heheh...

i agree with chrisong that females hv better temperament...they make really good companions ...males may tend to be very noisy at times!

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 28, 2005, 10:24 AM

Post #15 of 17 (2350 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi, my 6mth old shih tzu got spayed recently. 4 days after the surgery, the side of the wound hardened and she bled abit from her pee area. Is this normal or something that i should be alarmed of?Unsure Hope that someone could provide an advice on this soon. Thanks!

For my experienced, they should not have any bleeding after the surgery. How was she doing now? Male or female has been neutered or spayed should not experience this, u should check with ur vet immediately. She may have infected.

I neuter my 2 dogs, 1 of the dog bleed after the surgery for few days then very careless of me, he felt down n bleed so much, scared me to death but ok already now. I have 1 female cat spayed, no bled but healing process slow. My fren had their male cat neutered and bleed a lot, then they took him to other vet, the vet said no matter female or male should not have any bleeding after the surgery, the poor male cat had bladder infection but luckily can be cure. Another thing is, do not let her run around or jump, let her rest as much as possible. Hope this help, hope she ok now too.

michellechen

Jun 28, 2005, 12:08 PM

Post #16 of 17 (2343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Spayed Shih Tzu [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Male tend to urine and mark it everywhere.Crazy

Yea, I heard bout it 2... But I'v asked 2 of my frenz who hav male shih tzu, both of them said tht their shih tzu dun do tht... I guess it can b trained, huh?
-michelle-

michellechen

Jun 28, 2005, 12:09 PM

Post #17 of 17 (2343 views)
Shortcut

But if I dun plan 2 spay d female pup, how 2 take care of d mess durin her heat?
-michelle-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my