Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Dog food information

clangan
K9 Maniac

Apr 18, 2004, 3:51 AM

Post #1 of 1 (531 views)
Shortcut
Dog food information Can't Post

All the holistic food available in the market as below...I have compared and experienced with all the food, Canidae provide the best result to me..all my top champion golden retrievers, Shih Tzu, Maltese, Chihuahua, Min Pinscher and of course top breeders of Doberman "Dr. Dev", pug 'Mr. Khoo himself" and Beagle "Mr.Dennis" are putting their thumbs up for Canidae. It is easy to feed as it is one food for all, big or small, puppies or adult, young or old.
Innova and California Nat are good but the draw back is its very soft and smelly stools which is heavy maintenance for heavy coated dogs.
Back To basics does not do good for dogs that are allergy to corn and majority of dogs I know are not friendly to corn. Wolves in the wild do not consume corn, so that should explain for itself.
Eagle Pack Holistic-not Eagle Pack Premium and other Eagle Pack...The holistic one is good, just that it is too expensive.
I do not agree with food that contain BHA, BHT as preservatives, by-products like liver, kidney, other body organs, parts and beef as their toxicity are high and could damage the dogs' organs and skin. Vegetable protein like corn, maize, wheat, soy; They are very artificial protein which dogs find the vegetable protein hard to utilize and ended up with skin problems.
I rest my case on other food like Science Diet, Eukanuba, Nutro, Pro Plan and other commercial food. As their ingredients and contents speaks for itself. Caveat Emptor.
Owners should also be cautioned that the quality of base dog food i.e. dry quibbles they feed their dogs. Many feed their dogs commercial brand foods but supplement them heavily with high-grade expensive supplements in hope of obtaining good results for their pets’ condition. Common sense tells us that if we ourselves consume junk foods everyday as our main diet but supplement ourselves with high-grade expensive supplements, we will still end up falling ill. The same applies to our pets too. Remember, a good quality base food i.e. dry quibbles which our pets consume as the main diet is essentially more important than any supplements available in the market and what can be better if the base food is made the holistic way. Definition of good quality holistic dry food is one made with the most variety of meat meals and meat proteins without the use of antibiotics, hormone, preservatives and enthoxyquin and without by-products like liver, kidney and other organ parts. The protein content should not be filled up with vegetable protein like corn, wheat, soy, maize and other plant protein who are known to cause allergies to our pets skin and coat. Natural herbs and balance omega oils contain in the dry food is one important factor for the overall health of our pets too. I recommend Canidae as it is good for all, big or small, young or old, it fits every stage of our dogs’ life.
The opinion above is strictly of my own experienced.
Sincerely,
GAN WY- Golden Retrievers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my