Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
puppy lost appetite

homn
Novice

Mar 24, 2004, 10:43 PM

Post #1 of 5 (360 views)
Shortcut
puppy lost appetite Can't Post

Unsure Hi, Can anyone give me some advice? What can I do if a puppy lost appetite all of a sudden ? I hv a 5 mths old shih tzu & been feeding her with eukanuba brand all these while. She used to likes it very much but lately, she is not interested in it anymore. She will just sniff a few times and walk off. I've tried giving her mixture of dry & can food. She will try some but she push away the dry food and eat only the meat. Does this mean she is bored with her current food ? Some ppl told that they gave rice with boiled chicken meat. Is it suitable for a 5 mths old puppy ?

She doesn't look sick. Still as playful and active as usual. The only thing is that she is not eating and she is losing weight. Anyone, pls help...

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 25, 2004, 2:06 AM

Post #2 of 5 (350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [homn] puppy lost appetite [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Sometimes ... dogs do go off dry food ...

Yes, it is perfectly alright to give a 5month old puppy freshly prepared food ... Try that and see if you can tempt her to eat ...

If your dog is still not eating & losing weight ... then a visit to the vet will be best.

Cheers Smile

homn
Novice

Mar 25, 2004, 9:04 PM

Post #3 of 5 (337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] puppy lost appetite [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. I'II bring her to the vet this weekend.

kiwi
Novice

Mar 30, 2004, 3:20 AM

Post #4 of 5 (324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [homn] puppy lost appetite [In reply to] Can't Post

Please bring her to a vet -- very impt -- to rule out any illnesses. You can change her diet but be careful not to spoil her -- Shihtzus get spoilt easily haha then u will have to keep chanfing her food and wow u are in trouble. try science diet - my girl takes it well -- shes got a fussy appetite too.

homn
Novice

Mar 30, 2004, 8:41 PM

Post #5 of 5 (317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kiwi] puppy lost appetite [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kiwi, thanks for your reply. I brought her to the vet last week. He told us to change her shampoo to oatmeal shampoo & introduced her to science diet canned food. Overall, she's fine & the funny thing is....the vet keep on reminding me not to worry too much and not to over spoil my puppy !Crazy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my