IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Puppy vomitted!! =(

DoggiePuppy

Feb 2, 2004, 2:43 AM

Post #1 of 17 (913 views)
Shortcut
Puppy vomitted!! =( Can't Post

My pup of 2 months old just vommited. She's just been with me for 3 days now. She was ok all the while until earlier, I bought her a rawhide bone to chew yesterday and she finished almost half of it but was ok. She was having dog biscuits only for her diet so far and sufficient water. Is anything wrong or its normal small thing? When I let her out the cage she even wanted to eat back up the vomit. Vomit contains a little water and some of the dog biscuit which looks like half digested. The shape of the biscuit is still a little visible since its circle earlier so it came out circle too. She looks normal for now.

Hope to get prompt reply so that I could know is there anything I need to do. I am a new dog owner and totally new to doggies. There's no vet today so I can't bring her to any vet. Hope to get some help and advice soon.

Thanks in advance.
------------------------------------------------------------
<-----Looks like a cockroach from this picture!!

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 2, 2004, 7:16 AM

Post #2 of 17 (903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DoggiePuppy] Puppy vomitted!! =( [In reply to] Can't Post

DoggiePuppy,

Rawhide is just about the most illogical pet toy in the market today. It is indigestable when swallowed and I believe this is the cause of the vomit and maybe diarrheoa may follow. A hard rope toy perhaps last better being chewed at without much detrimental risk.

Try not to give the puppy anymore rawhide or one of those toy claimed to be magical dental bites.

If situation does not improve after 24 hours, get some vet help.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

DoggiePuppy

Feb 2, 2004, 7:34 AM

Post #3 of 17 (902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Puppy vomitted!! =( [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply, i was freaking out cause another friend of mine told me last time her pup died of worm in the tummy. Vommiting were also one of the symptoms! I hope tats not the case now.

I am going to go take away the rawhide bone now!! She already chewed and swallowed like 3/4 of it. Gosh if only I find out earlier. Thanks for the info!

Hunter told me about Kong toys, are those ok for the puppy to chew? If yes I think I'll just get that then might as well.

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 3, 2004, 1:12 AM

Post #4 of 17 (894 views)
Shortcut

DoggiePuppy,

Worms are easily controlled with periodical de-worming. You can use Drontal-Plus which can be bought from pet shops. However, u should ensure the right dosage at all times as over dosing can make the medicine less effective in future.

Kong is good and if you stuff some cheese into the kong will make your puppy amusing himself with the kong for hours.Smile

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

DoggiePuppy

Feb 3, 2004, 1:44 AM

Post #5 of 17 (892 views)
Shortcut

Wow!! very useful input. Thanks PSD!! By the way if you don't mind me asking, those worms medicine you talking bout, how often should the doggie take it?

meiyoong

Feb 3, 2004, 5:26 PM

Post #6 of 17 (884 views)
Shortcut

I think u no need to worry too much if ur puppy didn't vomit more than twice a day. Like my shih tzu, when he was still young, he also tend to vomit after eating the wrong stuff. Puppy when young , they tend to be more sensitive and whenever they pick up the wrong thing, they will vomit out. But if ur puppy vomit more than twice a day, bring him to vet.

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 4, 2004, 8:27 PM

Post #7 of 17 (877 views)
Shortcut

DoggiePuppy,

if your dog mixes in the public garden where other strange dogs may have been then 1/2 a year is the schedule I do the deworming. Otherwise if he is a house dog where I know what he is eating everyday then I'll do it once a year.

If any doggie having skin problem, I would first suspect worms before anything else.

PSD

DoggiePuppy

Feb 4, 2004, 9:57 PM

Post #8 of 17 (873 views)
Shortcut

I didn't know worms can cause skin condition. Anyway Zoe is a house dog. I don't let her go out all by herself cause neighbourhood nowadays is no longer safe for innocent animals like these. As she grow older I'll bring her out for walk but only under supervision.

The vet did deworming for her already in 3 weeks time I'll see her again we'll see if condition improves! Will keep you guys updated!!

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 4, 2004, 10:27 PM

Post #9 of 17 (872 views)
Shortcut

Worms will compete with the dogs digestion system for nutrients. Skin problem are usually but not limited to an indication of insufficient nutrients. This is why skin problem can be related to worms.

PSD

DoggiePuppy

Feb 4, 2004, 10:29 PM

Post #10 of 17 (871 views)
Shortcut

Well I did call up the vet, and ask her and she said for spaniel's breed it is common to haf this kinda skin disease wor. She say its not too bad but untreated can be a problem. I hope that means small problem lor.

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 4, 2004, 11:30 PM

Post #11 of 17 (869 views)
Shortcut

Yes it is true some breeds are more sensitive to skin problem but holisticly, I would like to watch the diets closely. Some commercial food(even premium ones) may work for some dog but not so good to some others. What food do you feed now? perhaps u may want to try changin its kibbles to another brand and watch if any changes. Alternatively you can check out BARF REVISITED thread as there are plenty of info there and BARF is known in some instance to make the skin problems dissapears.

Sometimes you must do your own independent research and not only rely on vets to get a more balanced understanding. Vets sometimes will give you all sorts of nonsense too. I'm speaking from own n friends experiences.Tongue

PSD

DoggiePuppy

Feb 4, 2004, 11:36 PM

Post #12 of 17 (868 views)
Shortcut

OH don't worry, I am also reading at the same time. And asking a lot of my friends around too for their input throught their experience.

What are kibbles actually? Barf revisited? What's that?? Hehe.

Sorry a bit blur.

I am feeding her with dog biscuit from a pet shop around klang. They recommend it and there's no proper packaging to it, they uses other container to store it. According to them it's their production so called. Any klang ppl around here to recommend a really good pet shop? I don't know any honestly.

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 5, 2004, 12:01 AM

Post #13 of 17 (867 views)
Shortcut

Kibbles are dog food pallets sold in packets of usually 3kg or 15kg as the more popular size.

I'm not sure which you meant as dog biscuits as normally we understand dog biscuits as occassional dog treets and not for normal feeding as staple food. However some people have mistakenly call a kibble = dog biscuits as a normal mistake.

Barf Revisited is a thread of discussion in this forum on feeding natural food source of raw food, meats and bones to the dogs. You can go and see there by clicking here http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Dont worry about being blur....heheheh a sincere question deserves a sincere answer.Smile

PSD

DoggiePuppy

Feb 5, 2004, 3:10 AM

Post #14 of 17 (862 views)
Shortcut

Hehe...thanks for the patient. I will check that forum out.

Oh, I don't know the vet called it dog biscuit too. It's a meal I feed Zoe. So is it dog biscuit? I know what treats are and I only feed it to her at certain time usually when I play with her or want to train her for something.

Crazy

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 5, 2004, 6:29 AM

Post #15 of 17 (858 views)
Shortcut

What is the size of the dog food? I think it is a kibble instead. Dog biscuits are usually a term use for bigger of cookies type of food for the dog to snack and bite occassionally.

PSD

DoggiePuppy

Feb 5, 2004, 7:32 PM

Post #16 of 17 (848 views)
Shortcut

Is it? Oh well how to I describe the size. Wait let me see ermmm, it has a diameter of about prolly about 1cm. Its round and brown in color. Oh you call that Kibble? Its like meal to me pup, feed her with that bout 3 times a day wor. Ok then I learn one new thing today.

PSD
ALPHA

Feb 5, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #17 of 17 (846 views)
Shortcut

Yup, that's surely kibble allright. Now you can go and tell your vet..."hey this is called a kibble dude!"...lolTongue

PSD

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my