Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Vaccination:
Help !! What can I do??

frans81
Novice

Dec 5, 2007, 6:25 PM

Post #1 of 9 (15700 views)
Shortcut
Help !! What can I do?? Can't Post

Well, I just got a 3 months old shih tzu last night and the breeder gv the puppy first vaccine in front of me and told me that I can only bath it after 1 week.

The problem is I am keeping her indoor and she is really smelly right now (don't think the breeder ever bath her)... and her hair is messy here and there... really can not tahan

Anyone have any good advise on how to clean her now? Possible to bring her for grooming today???

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2007, 7:34 PM

Post #2 of 9 (15695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frans81] Help !! What can I do?? [In reply to] Can't Post

OMGShocked 3month old pup only get the first vaccination!!! Somemore done by the breeder!!!

How come you still buy the pup in that condition when you already know the breeder didn't take good care of the pup? Where you get the pup from? You should let everyone know about this breeder so no one will get pup from him anymore.

You can use a cloth with warm clean water to clean the pup. You need to bring your pup to the vet for check out just to be sure the pup are healthy and also seek vet advice for your pup next vaccination schedule.

Good Luck.

frans81
Novice

Dec 5, 2007, 7:42 PM

Post #3 of 9 (15694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Help !! What can I do?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply....

I got my pup from a home breeder in JB who also supply puppy to pet shops...

I did try to clean the pup with clean cloth and warm water but that does not solve much on her fur..

Any possibility to bring her to pet shop and cut her hair short?? And then I clean her with cloth and warm water again??? Will it affected her??

I do plan to bring her to vet for a checkup on this Saturday thou...

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2007, 8:04 PM

Post #4 of 9 (15692 views)
Shortcut

No offence.

Why you want to cut short the hair? If want short hair dog better buy dog with less hair like MinPin, Beagle & etcs.

Just clean her up & use pin brush to brush out the tangle hair. That it. Just wait your pup get all the vaccination then only bring her out.

You shouldn't buy puppy from this breeder that supply puppies to petshops. This type of breeder will never care about their dogs & puppies. Their only concern is the profit. That why you see the breeder inject the vaccination. Cause the cost of vaccine is very very cheap when they buy illegal.

frans81
Novice

Dec 5, 2007, 8:31 PM

Post #5 of 9 (15686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Help !! What can I do?? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the reply...

the main reason I wan to cut her hair short now is for easy maintenance in the future and also her hair is smelly now.. cut a bit short now and let it grow back... in longer term, the hair should look better and easier to maintain... this is what I have done with my other pup...

u r right in the sense that I should not buy pup from this breeder.. maybe in the future i should be more careful though.. can not resist it once i saw the pup last night... look so cute and adorable... somemore the breeder show me both the parent and my pup keep on circling the breeder and seem in very good relationship with the breeder.. so i miss out some of the details and advice... :(

anyway to get her hair cut and clean her without bathing???

boco

Dec 5, 2007, 10:57 PM

Post #6 of 9 (15681 views)
Shortcut

Yeah you shouldn't buy from such breeder.

Normally groomers are not keen on cutting the dog's fur without bath.

Why don't you do it yourself? Brush the fur, detangle the fur and cut off the complicated tangle ones. Be patient as it might take more than an hour.

You can try out the powder type of non-rinse shampoo.

frans81
Novice

Dec 5, 2007, 11:08 PM

Post #7 of 9 (15678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] Help !! What can I do?? [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the reply... do u mean the non-rinse shampoo powder uses on human hair???

boco

Dec 5, 2007, 11:19 PM

Post #8 of 9 (15675 views)
Shortcut

Non-rinse powder shampoo or spray for pets...it can clean, deodorise and freshen the furcoat...go ask the petshop staff. Wink

frans81
Novice

Dec 5, 2007, 11:42 PM

Post #9 of 9 (15671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boco] Help !! What can I do?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot... I think this is the solution that best suit me for now...

I can clean my pup while waiting for this weekend to take her for grooming and visit the vet

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my